Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2007, 09:42 PM

5 posts, read 27,553 times

Advertisements

The plaster rep came out today and looked at the problems. He confirmed that one of the dark brown spots was rust, probably from a tie wire that was left sticking out during the gunite spray. They'll fix it. The other brown spot was probably from something sitting on the plaster surface and he washed it off. He wants to wait until the pool sits and the plaster cures more. He felt that some of the inconsistencies will come out as the weather warms up but if not they will give it a mild chemical wash. He assured me that as a national company they will stand behind their work. I'll check back in later........
Thanks for the feedback!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 10:14 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiamann2 View Post
The plaster rep came out today and looked at the problems. He confirmed that one of the dark brown spots was rust, probably from a tie wire that was left sticking out during the gunite spray. They'll fix it. The other brown spot was probably from something sitting on the plaster surface and he washed it off. He wants to wait until the pool sits and the plaster cures more. He felt that some of the inconsistencies will come out as the weather warms up but if not they will give it a mild chemical wash. He assured me that as a national company they will stand behind their work. I'll check back in later........
Thanks for the feedback!!!!!
Your lucky because I've seen some horror stories before

Did you/or they add any chemicals?

Old 04-16-2008, 05:54 PM

687 posts, read 4,405,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJames1 View Post
I too bought a Renaissance Ceramic Pool and they are the Mercedes Benz of the industry at a comparable price. I bought a somewhat larger pool (35 x 16 and 6'6" deep) than Ryan. Like Ryan, the installation was quick and the service was great. No complaints. My pool cost around $40K and I will never have to spend money on it as there is no plaster to go bad and the pool doesn't stain. I spent another $20K on the landscaping (rocks, trees, bushes etc). The pool is beautiful and the yard looks great. Vegas is the place to have a pool in your backyard and enjoy it every day.
No offense, but my parents used them a few years ago, the equipment was undersized, the lighting was dim, the jacuzzi was very unlevel etc. The salseman promised a quick install, it ended up being over 2 months and when my mother called to express the fact, he said he didnt give a s--t! They regreted not having a proper gunite pool with normal sized equipment installed. Oh yeah, the installers also left the heater installation manual inside the heater and it caught fire.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:53 PM

5 posts, read 27,553 times
I have listed replies and questions earlier in this thread and I can offer my experience for those interested in getting a pool. I did a lot of research on the ceramic vs traditional gunite pools and I ended up with purchasing the gunite in-ground pool. i'm so glad that i did! There are so many issues with the life span of the ceramic (especially in the heat), the feel of the plastic vs actual concrete and the generic patterns that must be chosen from. I went with Premier Pools that are a mid-size regional company. I couldn't be more happy. The salesman was there at every step of the process, the quality of the work from crew to crew was excellent and they didn't scrimp on equipment. I had several pool service companies come out and give me bids on servicing and all of them commented on the quality of the pool and especially the equipment. if you follow the thread back you can find the specs on the pool that I purchased and the price. All in all, I'd say go with the gunite (or shotcrete, depending on the company) vs the ceramics. Just my opinion as a consumer, not a professional in the field.........

Old 04-17-2008, 05:43 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
just curious, olecapt mentioned a spool... anybody have any pics?

Old 05-16-2008, 11:55 PM

4 posts, read 20,979 times
Thank you for the information Bob. I am in Southern CA and I am looking at adding a pool and landscaping and I am looking at cost of 85,000 on the cheap to $150,000 for something nice. Can you refer anyone in the Southern CA area?

Old 05-17-2008, 04:55 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
I'm not familiar with the SoCal market, so I really can't. Sorry.

Old 05-17-2008, 11:28 PM

2 posts, read 12,000 times
My pool is not quite two years old. It is approximately 16' x 31' and is free form. It also has a boulder waterfall. The inside of the pool is Pebble Sheen, which in my opinion, is a lot better than plain painted concrete. It cost me $40,800. That included applying cool deck to both around the pool and the other patio out the back door. The pumps are Pentair which are guaranteed for three years. The base of my pool was shotcrete.

Last edited by SKOKIE; 05-17-2008 at 11:32 PM.. Reason: added info

Old 05-18-2008, 12:44 AM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKOKIE View Post
My pool is not quite two years old. It is approximately 16' x 31' and is free form. It also has a boulder waterfall. The inside of the pool is Pebble Sheen, which in my opinion, is a lot better than plain painted concrete. It cost me $40,800. That included applying cool deck to both around the pool and the other patio out the back door. The pumps are Pentair which are guaranteed for three years. The base of my pool was shotcrete.
If they are Wisperflo's they are probably 1 year for motors and 3 years for pumps (1 year parts and labor and 2 year parts). A nice upgrade is the power saving Intellflo pumps, they are variable speed and save you in the electric bill dept. Those pentair pumps suck up a lot of juice, about 3000 watts for a 3 HP.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,939 times
Default 5 foot from wall?

Ghiamann2, I'm glad you got your pool done! What did you find with the pool distance from the wall and house? Did it have to be 5' from both?

I am looking to put a pool into our newly purchased home. We have a 15' retaining wall behind us because behind us is a street. The wall is only about 6' high in our backyard, but if you are on the street it is about 15'. Do you know if that's a problem when putting in a pool? We have RV parking, so getting back there isn't an issue.

Our back yard square footage is about 21 x 60, not including the side yard areas, which are 14.8' and 10' on each side of the house.

We would like to be able to shape the pool in the back and around the side, so our whole back yard isn't taken up by the pool.

Thank you for any responses and input given!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas