Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 05:37 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchmobnv View Post
why would you say I am in for a bunch of headaches? I was very impressed with the owner of the company. Not only do they offer an owner builder way to go, but they also encourage and recommend it if you have any kind of skill and ambition.
I'm buying a 30' tomorrow morning.
what did the 30' cost.. i was quoted 21k for the maui (small) installed..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 5,287 times
Default fix your fiberglass pool staining

try GLB Super Sequa Sol. It fixed my mineral stains in 24 hours. It was recommended to me by a guy who sells spas in my area (SouthEast Denver)

Steve

Old 06-29-2009, 08:29 AM

3,435 posts, read 6,990,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwlv View Post
200 sf is a tiny pool. It may even make it difficult to re-sell your house.
I know two friends in Vegas that have run into that problem. During the boom it was a different story.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:54 PM

57 posts, read 127,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartmann View Post
I tell you what. You go ask around all the pool builders in the SW area. Go to all your friends in the SW and ask how much their pool cost. Bob's estimate was right in line with what others have told me (one pool builder and 3 other people that had pools built in Vegas).

Bob said even if you did all the work yourself it will still run $30k. But how long will it take and will you do it right? I am mechanically inclined and pretty good with tools but I travel a lot of work and don't have 9 months to dedicate for such a project.

Palms are expensive in Las Vegas, I don't know why but they are. The bigger they are the more expensive they are. The house I am looking at now has about 6 the same size as in that picture. My real estatge agent told me they run about $4k each. So Bob's price was lower. But she also told me you can buy small palms for about $300 and in 10 years they will grow to that size. So even if you replace the Big Palms with small palms it is only $10k less.
I have come to the point where I am going to be buying a house and figure I will go with an above ground pool since unlike many here apparently, I do not have more dollars than sense so have to go the cheap route. So unless I can find a cheaper house (close as I can get to $100K) with a pool already, going to have to go with an above ground one.

Not real excited about finding a house in a development that has a community pool since I figure they will frown on nude bathing and nude pool parties. ROFLMAO..

Old 07-31-2009, 07:43 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomezy3k View Post
I have come to the point where I am going to be buying a house and figure I will go with an above ground pool since unlike many here apparently, I do not have more dollars than sense so have to go the cheap route. So unless I can find a cheaper house (close as I can get to $100K) with a pool already, going to have to go with an above ground one.

Not real excited about finding a house in a development that has a community pool since I figure they will frown on nude bathing and nude pool parties. ROFLMAO..
Gomez how is our spanish? If you are comfortable in neighborhoods where it is commonly spoken you can have a pool under 100K.

Now if you want to go full gringo...a lot tougher.

If you are going to owner occupy, which I suspect is the case, you should follow the HUD homes. They give owner occupied first shot. Note also that a little bit of cash can make you a guarnateed winner on a HUD.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:39 AM

57 posts, read 127,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Gomez how is our spanish? If you are comfortable in neighborhoods where it is commonly spoken you can have a pool under 100K.

Now if you want to go full gringo...a lot tougher.

If you are going to owner occupy, which I suspect is the case, you should follow the HUD homes. They give owner occupied first shot. Note also that a little bit of cash can make you a guarnateed winner on a HUD.

LOL Well being half Hispanic guess I should get in touch with my "roots" and learn Spanish. I am going through the VA since I have not used that to buy a home.

I bought my last one for cash.. Paid $28,000 for it in a rough neighborhood in Dayton Ohio. It was a home built way before the 1913 flood there and you could still see where the water came up to in basement. This was in 1993. So I have nothing against living in most places that might scare the average person to death.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:43 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,124,231 times
remember also that in Las Vegas, above ground pools get eaten by the sun and the heat pretty quickly.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:54 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,215,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomezy3k View Post
LOL Well being half Hispanic guess I should get in touch with my "roots" and learn Spanish. I am going through the VA since I have not used that to buy a home.

I bought my last one for cash.. Paid $28,000 for it in a rough neighborhood in Dayton Ohio. It was a home built way before the 1913 flood there and you could still see where the water came up to in basement. This was in 1993. So I have nothing against living in most places that might scare the average person to death.

Follow the HUD. There have been virtually no VA sales below 100K in Las Vegas. You might pulll one off if you are willing to add cash to the VA.

What is happening is the investors below 100K are offering cash well above what a VA or FHA appraisal value. You can meet such an offer but you have to pay the above appraisal yourself.

You get a straight deal on a HUD. Just fewer houses.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:22 PM

269 posts, read 977,237 times
I figured I resurrect this from the dead. I know a lot of you who have commented on this thread are still around. How are the fiberglass pools holding up? I wonder in this economy if prices have dropped.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:40 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingtigers View Post
I figured I resurrect this from the dead. I know a lot of you who have commented on this thread are still around. How are the fiberglass pools holding up? I wonder in this economy if prices have dropped.
ended up getting a "real" pool.. although i've seen Renaissance advertise for 18k for their teenie tiny model. blue "rip-off" haven, i believe starts at 20k, but they will tell you over the phone, that it doesnt exist and expect 26k to start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas