Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2008, 06:57 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,396,090 times

Advertisements

It used to be that you could build as close as 3' from the property lines, and less than 5' from the house if you had tempered glass or film on any windows near the pool, and bonded anything letal within 5' of the pool. I believe the new requirements are 5' from the walls, and at least 5' from the house, but you'll want to check with the local code enforcement agency (which could be City of LV, Clark County, NLV, or Henderson)- they usually have a little sheet that lists the basic requirements.

The wall height behind you shouldn't be an issue, but you may need to have additional steel put into the pool along that side since you're so close to the wall- the contractor will know what's needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 10:42 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,010,191 times
skokie- how about uploading a picture, seems great at 40k

Old 05-30-2008, 10:50 PM

100 posts, read 404,926 times
I had an estimate a few weeks ago from a builder. I am only going to be 3' ( at most) from the concrete wall and want the concrete about 3' touching the patio. I am wanting either L shaped with spa or kidney with spa about 5-5' 1/2 deep 10ft wide and 20ft long, gunite. I got a price of 28K.
I was told by the installer that in the fall the price would be cheaper. We are not moving until probably Aug. so that sounded like a decent price. My local realtor contacted the builder as he did his home, but said that bidding it out with reputable builders could get me as low as 22k, given the market right now. Does this sound reasonable? I have all the landscaping there, I will just need to move it around. Since it is new foliage, that will not be to hard to do on my own. I will not need more than the requires 3' of concrete due to the area. Anyway the dimensions didn't seem to be an issue.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:38 AM

3 posts, read 8,667 times
There are a lot of companies with one foot out the door. They will practically sell for anything. Be careful. The workmanship will suffer and you will be left with the problem. Always check the background and their license information. A pool only today will start at 24k depending on size, and access. I had two pool built with Aquasape Pools and Spas. They always exceeded my expectations. The staff over there is great and Jason, the designer, was amazing. It was a good price for a great job. Good luck

Old 04-22-2009, 11:40 AM

3 posts, read 8,667 times
Its still 3' from property walls. It's never changed.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:47 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,478,815 times
Digging up a really old thread, advertising? Seems like there's a bit of that going on here lately

Old 04-22-2009, 02:10 PM

4 posts, read 20,980 times
I live in Orange County CA. I am looking into building a pool in my very large backyard. Can anyone out there recommend a pool builder? Also am I crazy to think I can build a pool, large covered patio, covered gazebo and BBQ for around $100,000? I am not sure were to start. Should have I one builder to everything or should I peice it out to save money. Help!!

Old 04-22-2009, 02:52 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,222,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da Hawk View Post
I live in Orange County CA. I am looking into building a pool in my very large backyard. Can anyone out there recommend a pool builder? Also am I crazy to think I can build a pool, large covered patio, covered gazebo and BBQ for around $100,000? I am not sure were to start. Should have I one builder to everything or should I peice it out to save money. Help!!
Sure...100K will get the whole job. Get yourself a custom guy who does that stuff and check out some of his old work.

I know people in Vegas but I would think you need to check an OC list to get an answer there.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:08 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,478,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da Hawk View Post
You own a home here in Las Vegas? Your post says you live in Orange County Calfornia? Ain't you got pool/backyard landscapers there?

Old 04-23-2009, 08:50 AM

4 posts, read 20,980 times
yes i live in Orange county CA, just wanted to get some input and I couldn't find a OC blog, thank you guys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas