Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 09:22 PM

23 posts, read 802,467 times

Advertisements

This is what I'm talkin about:
http://www.eere.energy.gov/consumer/.../mytopic=13200
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 09:57 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,218,665 times
I would think in Las Vegas you use solar first...then, if you need something more, a gas...simply cheaper than a heat pump and efficency is not an issue if you have solar to start.

I think you need a secondary by the way only if you want to heat a spa in the winter time or similar.

Note that a proper solar can also be used to cool a pool. Useful in the summer in Las Vegas.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:18 AM

36 posts, read 262,424 times
I wonder if he's ever assumed a pool was safe when it wasn't, god forbid.

fyi - There's a patented self cleaning salt water fish tank system in Florida at the Nakava owned by Jeffrey Bowman. It's a no/low maintenance salt water aquarium according to him.

http://www.nakava.com/

Julian, I appreciate you giving info for the good of others for free as I did. Calling me, store employees, or anybody names just cuz you can (it's like kicking a baby) is immature and unproductive and I'm sure nobody here cares so get an online blogg, counselling as I mentioned before, or some other outlet for that crap.

On a personal note - I train at an MMA gym to get my anger out. It's productive for calming me down so I'm not combative in my daily life. I'll be in Florida March 17 there buddy and funny enough we're lookin for a gym to train at for the week we are there. Maybe I'll call you.

First off, I'm not angry !!!! you keep saying that !!! I guess thats cause your @ the gym or looking for one to get your anger under control.... If you can't be without the gym a few days while traveling cause of your anger, wonder who's got the problem... I've answered your ??'s you want cheap heat.. Here it is SOLAR THE SUN ...

(I wonder if he's ever assumed a pool was safe when it wasn't, god forbid) what does this mean ???

Now your talking about a maintenance (low/free) saltwater tank ?? here's the answer don't get into it.

Don't believe everything you hear

I wish you luck with everything .... try to enjoy life a little, instead of looking for the easy way out on every adventure.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:14 PM

some more info:

http://www.renaissancepools.com/pages/backgrnd.html

Our satisfaction rate jumped to over 97% and complaints and call backs were almost non-existant. Concrete pools require many Sub-Contractors and with them brings numerous scheduling problems into the project. This often translates out to long delays waiting for your pool to be completed. With our New Space Age ceramic material we have been able to overcome the blistering and cobalting problems that the fiberglass pools are known for. Most manufacturers offer little or no warranty against this ugly problem. Our Space Age Ceramic Composite pools come with a 7-year warranty on the surface and a Lifetime warranty is on the structure.

and... I forgot my camera again! I'm gonna borrow a friends and take some pics mon or tue

Old 03-11-2007, 11:16 PM

One thing that I don't like about the fiberglass is it feels like a one of those cost effective bath tubs! It kinda flexes on the stairs which doesn't feel like a pool should do that but I still love it.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:16 AM

Julian -

I am going to FL to party at the World Music Convention for a week. It's my friend looking for a jiu-jitsu place to train at and it's FUN. Cool to see new places and try new things. You're ignorant. Keep cleaning pools, I know I'll never need your services, lol.

There's 5 million invested in Jeffrey Bowman's Engineering Group's salt water filtration technology including a successful shrimp farm. I've seen the tank and he swears he hadn't cleaned it in I don't know how long but it was a ridiculous amount of time. I know cuz I visit his bar that serves Kava where the tank is at. Kava is considered an alternative medicinal product so he's a business associate.

Again you assume your own ignorant interpretations ie: I heard about the technology or I don't have fun in life. If you're not angry you sure say a lot of stupid crap. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:48 AM

Borrowing a digital cam is such a pain! I still have more pics coming.

http://www.instantkava.com/vegas/pool/ (broken link)

Old 03-16-2007, 03:30 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,047,026 times
Excellent job. I think the palms will be very pretty!

Old 03-16-2007, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Excellent job. I think the palms will be very pretty!
Thanks

I need to trim the dead leaves from the queen palms. They were much bigger before the frost took it's toll. The mexican red bird of paradise lost all it's leaves from the shock of transplanting.

I want to bring the rock up the to the bender board like how I have it on the wall (smaller scale though) but I didn't have time this trip.

I will post the additional pics when I get em. Had to e-mail these to myself so i couldn't get em all.

Old 03-17-2007, 04:29 AM

36 posts, read 262,424 times
Are those queen palms ??? or are you growing corn . The Washingtonians or Chinese fan palms ? either way there to close together and will be to big, You never plant trees in even numbers or in a strait line . Your yard is small so spend some money. On Quality... The fiberglass pool would've been better with more returns in it
they should of put a vac line in the middle of the pool. instead of having to use your skimmer. You have no skimmer, your vac is using it, You will also get a black ring around your water line, from body oil. This must be your first pool/spa. You'll sell it when the market turns around. You'll either get a place with a concrete pool, have one built or no pool at all from your exp. with this .. next time do your homework, I hope the pool/spa didn't cost you more than 8k. not including the deck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas