Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2020, 07:56 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,657,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Correlation =/= causation

WAITAMINUTE.

You mean importing more lemons from Mexico won't lower the highway fatality rate????

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2020, 08:01 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,657,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Boomers are THE most selfish and lazy generation that has ever walked this earth.
I don't understand; you say that as if it were a bad thing.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:01 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,059,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjambalaya View Post
I think you’re missing the point yet again, no real surprise with someone as blinkered in perspective as you.

My health is perfect, I’m fine, I’m healthy and financially stable, and yet I still think it’s the correct thing to do for the betterment of society. Thankfully the point in government is to over rule selfish voices like yours and work for overall societal advancement.

Imagine everyone had your selfish “me me me and screw everyone else” attitude. There’d be no charity, no social welfare, nothing at all except a bunch of people out for themselves. You are a sorry excuse for a human being, I actually feel quite sorry for you.
Right, because shutting everything down for a few geezers with 1 leg in the grave isn't at all selfish.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I wass born in Manhattan and went to college in NYC. You simply do not know Manhattan. The streets and sidewalks of the strip are very much the same as say Times Square or lots of places below 42nd street. And the upper east or west side are both much lower density than the Strip as is the village.
1950 called.....

you clearly have not been to NY in a long, long time.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:04 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,363,447 times
Quote:
Right, because shutting everything down for a few geezers with 1 leg in the grave isn't at all selfish.
You might want take a good look at who is actually dying. We old geezers are only a part of it and not even the majority.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:11 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,363,447 times
Quote:
1950 called.....

you clearly have not been to NY in a long, long time.
Absurd. Little travel there in the last few years but there all the time before that. Family summer home in Montauk and mother and brother still living there well into the 20xx. And late in that period I took my wife on a tour of NY by subway and walking. Had no problem getting around and found it little different from 10,20,30,40 or 50 years prior. Did the Staten Island Ferry, Wall street the village, midtown, Times Square and Sixth Avenue.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:19 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,836,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Get in your car, drive around, and tell me people are staying home avoiding others.
You can't do it because people are out and about everywhere. I didn't say they were at work. I said they're out and about.
Like red rock being at capacity on march 15th
https://www.ktnv.com/news/news-blogs...-march-15-2020

Or florida beaches being swamped

https://wtop.com/coronavirus/2020/03...irus-concerns/

Or cali parks being swamped

https://sfist.com/2020/03/22/thousan...t-point-reyes/

Stores all over the country being packed.

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/sto...rs/2878272001/

Shall I go on?
Please do "go on".
All of your examples are 2-3 weeks old. In pandemic time, that is ancient. What have you got that is recent?

Old 04-09-2020, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff80 View Post
I'm literally still laughing at your assertion that the scientific method needs a control group. Not is preferable, but NEEDS.

And now because you don't believe in social science, so that means it's not real.

Just because you don't want to believe that and I'm not going to hop on google scholar or pubmed for you, doesn't change that fact.

Let's also recap: There have now been studies on the coronavirus. From that, actual scientists have made hypotheses following the scientific method. Later, longitudinal studies will happen, just like for past diseases/viruses.

But yeah, because professor equid0x disagrees with this, it means they are not real, it's not science, and not the scientific method.

Oh, and feel free to hit up pubmed or google scholar and type in "longitudinal study on viruses." Sorry, can't do anymore work for you, but just read thru two studies and several more abstracts, all in REAL scientific journals. And hey, it's REAL science!
Hypotheses are not facts.

Using big words you don't understand doesn't make you look smart.

I've underestimated just how poor the school in Nevada are. Some of you are as dumb as bricks.

I'm not going to do your research for you. You made the assertion that reputable studies get done without control groups. Show me.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
LMAO.

Tells us to take a science class but fails to grasp the basic science in flatten the curve nor believes the scientists models because the numbers change. Nor believes the medical community like nurses and doctors to take this virus seriously.

Where did they get their degree again and in what exactly?
Show me the scientific community that says that results are accept without control groups. I'm still waiting.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There is not one. That is why we did the lock down - to avoid it becoming a crisis. Blow the sick and very sick by a factor of five and we would have one.

So your complaint appears to be the lock down works so we don't need a lock down. That make any sense to you?
Your complaint appears to be that numbers don't show we need a lockdown, therefore it works. Evidence, please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas