Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2018, 10:56 PM

22,673 posts, read 24,642,745 times

Advertisements

The overpriced stuff is when someone decides to put a property on the market at a price that NOBODY will bite on. This is usually self-correcting, nobody bites and the price either goes down or the property sits and sits and sits.

Last edited by tickyul; 06-19-2018 at 11:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 11:18 PM

929 posts, read 400,379 times
Here I found the study last year for the worst drivers in the U.S. lol,

https://timesofsandiego.com/life/201...n-annual-study

Old 06-20-2018, 03:59 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,646,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswontsp View Post
This wreaks of a trust fund baby. Dude, seriously, nobody is as happy and nothing is perfect as you claim it to be. Own it.
What are you talking about? A person can't enjoy Las Vegas? Or they can't be in the film industry? I don't understand what the point of your post even is, but seeing as it has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic at hand, it seems rather irrelevant. I never claimed to be perfectly happy by the way, far from it, I have a comfortable life but I work hard trying to advance my career and accomplish my goals. If anything I'd say I'm just comfortable, not all that satisfied.

I don't think Los Angeles drivers were bad, when I lived there, the traffic was horrible but I thought LA drivers were rather amazing. I swear all of these studies are calling places the worst because they have the fastest drivers. Those are the BEST drivers! They are horrible in OR, easily the worst of anywhere I've ever seen. They drive 10 below, even 15 below, a huge portion of the time. They are unable or incapable of going the speed limit. In LA drivers seem able to merge effectively, they speed whenever there isn't traffic, and drive aggressively. I love it! I mostly hated LA, but always had respect for the quality of drivers. I hadn't seen drivers who actually understood how to do basic things until I moved to LA.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:31 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,034,931 times
Quote:
This wreaks of a trust fund baby. Dude, seriously, nobody is as happy and nothing is perfect as you claim it to be. Own it.
'Wreaks'? Dude, seriously, go back to high school.

Old 06-20-2018, 02:25 PM

307 posts, read 268,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
'Wreaks'? Dude, seriously, go back to high school.
I knew my "wreak" would bait you. Love that this place is full of people looking for a little cookie

Now go cry to a mod that I am a troll. In truth, what you really do here is incite problems (as shown above) against those who do not subscribe to your own values. I bet you are a lover of loop holes in the worst way.

Old 06-20-2018, 02:49 PM

799 posts, read 709,608 times
I'd bet close to half of the drivers around Las Vegas are ex-California drivers...

Jonathan is correct in that they do tend to drive faster, more aggressive, and with less "space" between cars. As I've noticed that after adapting to conditions here, when I go back to CA, I'm the "slow" one, and that never happened before I moved here... It's interesting how fast one adapts to the local conditions.

Old 06-21-2018, 09:31 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,034,931 times
Quote:
I knew my "wreak" would bait you. Love that this place is full of people looking for a little cookie

Now go cry to a mod that I am a troll. In truth, what you really do here is incite problems (as shown above) against those who do not subscribe to your own values. I bet you are a lover of loop holes in the worst way.
loopholes

Old 06-21-2018, 11:33 AM

102 posts, read 114,882 times
Seems that anything below $350k is moving pretty quick and upper $300k and above are not selling as fast? Those of you who just sold/are selling your property, is it because you think market will crash?

Old 06-21-2018, 05:17 PM

414 posts, read 360,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTee_ View Post
Seems that anything below $350k is moving pretty quick and upper $300k and above are not selling as fast? Those of you who just sold/are selling your property, is it because you think market will crash?
I've been looking to buy and that's been my observation - we're looking in the high 300's and up. Anything that's decent below $380k goes fast - it seems houses priced above that mark just sit unless it has a real WOW factor or is aggressively priced. Last month we put in two offers that were below asking price based on comps for similar homes but the comps had new / better upgrades or at least from pictures appeared to be in better condition. We thought we had one in the bag (even the seller's realtor did) but ultimately both offers were shot down and the sellers wanted asking price... And a month later both are still sitting - let someone else overpay is my philosophy.

We've decided to sit out the summer and see what happens - the recent price increase make me nervous and seem unsustainable (10% in a few months an 18% in a few years?!) based on the research I've done. Seems like prices have overshot from the last downturn. I'd at least like to wait for prices to stabilize.

I'd like to see the answers to your question aimed at recent sellers...

Last edited by Cubicle Dweller; 06-21-2018 at 05:39 PM..

Old 06-21-2018, 06:35 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,021,628 times
We sold our house in 12 hours. List price. 384,750. Accepted price 384,500
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas