Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 12:31 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,001,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
Wow, nice home! Good price too, thank you for sharing. So I checked out Redfin and their estimate for my house is $40K less than Zillow, I'd go with Redfin but it looks like they maybe lowballing me too. How did you come up with a good selling price for your house?

You know I don't mind pool but it's not for everyone, with kids around it could be a hazard, but you really can't a beat a pool in Vegas though. So my neighbor has a pool and he only uses it 1-2 times a year, I know this for a fact because I can hear them when they are using it and they have kids too.

I have a 12 ft pop-up above ground pool (paid $150), easy to maintain and less water, kids still have a blast. Because its cheap, at the end of the summer I just donate it to the Goodwill store.
ignore the online pricing for Redfin, it was when they came out, and saw the house....

the pool and fruit trees sold our yard... when it comes to sell, make sure you remove the above ground pool.. (I am surprised you could even have it with the hoa)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Have you ever actually been to Aliante and NW Las Vegas?

That is Section 8 central !

So is Mountains Edge and part of Rhodes Ranch and South Summerlin. Full of Section 8 rentals!
you're right... all those $400,000 section 8 homes....

Old 06-19-2018, 02:03 PM

929 posts, read 399,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
ignore the online pricing for Redfin, it was when they came out, and saw the house....

the pool and fruit trees sold our yard... when it comes to sell, make sure you remove the above ground pool.. (I am surprised you could even have it with the hoa)
thanks for the tip and the info you shared...hahahhaha the HOA doesn't know and I didn't even know I couldn't have one. You know one more reason I'm moving somewhere with no HOA and neighbors are like a mile away, so much freedom with not much hassle.

Old 06-19-2018, 02:10 PM

929 posts, read 399,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Have you ever actually been to Aliante and NW Las Vegas?

That is Section 8 central !

So is Mountains Edge and part of Rhodes Ranch and South Summerlin. Full of Section 8 rentals!
I don't know that you can say that for sure that it's section 8 central, but I do see plenty of people in the NW that are looking like section 8 renters lol. I don't know if it's just me but every time I see a vehicle with California license plate I tend to stay my distance just knowing their driving habits. Plus, are they just rude and feel like they own Las Vegas? Just my opinion though so I could be totally off the mark.

Old 06-19-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I don't know that you can say that for sure that it's section 8 central, but I do see plenty of people in the NW that are looking like section 8 renters lol. I don't know if it's just me but every time I see a vehicle with California license plate I tend to stay my distance just knowing their driving habits. Plus, are they just rude and feel like they own Las Vegas? Just my opinion though so I could be totally off the mark.
It’s not true at all

Old 06-19-2018, 02:48 PM

2,547 posts, read 2,738,429 times
Quote:
hahahahaha you are too funny!! I don't blame you. I'm trying to get away from them too!!

Old 06-19-2018, 03:07 PM

the issue with section 8, is that the state is paying too much and makes it attractive to landlords

I think if someone needs help, section 8 is fine for 6 months...not generations

Old 06-19-2018, 04:21 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
the issue with section 8, is that the state is paying too much and makes it attractive to landlords

I think if someone needs help, section 8 is fine for 6 months...not generations
I believe it has been a decade since Section 8 waiting list in Las Vegas was open. So if you have to wait 10 years to get on the waiting list it is unlikely you have a problem treatable in the short term. Virtually all big cities are similar. You can get on in some small rural areas but then you have to live there for a year.

And many of the elderly and handicapped will never get any better.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:40 PM

307 posts, read 268,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Just tell him he doesn’t have to take care of it, that’s what services are for!

Sounds like my GF, she would rather we be near the ocean than Vegas, specifically she loves Hawaii but for me I couldn’t live in Hawaii because it’s just too far away. The situation that would lead me to living in Hawaii is depressing, like I guess if my dad died and I was a total failure in my career and gave up on my dreams, maybe I could move to an island 5 hours away from the mainland but otherwise it’s not realistic.

In fact for me Vegas makes more sense than almost anywhere else because already when you’re in the film industry I’m sure there are plenty of people who think you have to be in LA, but in Vegas you’re 30 minutes away by plane and a 4 hour drive. Yet you avoid the traffic of living there and high taxes. It’s perfect
This wreaks of a trust fund baby. Dude, seriously, nobody is as happy and nothing is perfect as you claim it to be. Own it.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:48 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,872,320 times
Quote:
Plus, are they just rude and feel like they own Las Vegas?
Yes. [ex-CA driver here.]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas