Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2018, 01:51 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,646,986 times

Advertisements

I realize some irony in me asking this question as someone who loves swimming and wouldn’t be moving without having a pool, BUT what water saving strategies do people use to help out? I mean I’m good with a totally desert / concrete backyard with zero watering needs besides the pool. I take really fast showers. But are special low flow shower heads used often on new homes or can you get better efficiency ones? Also in OR where it rains constantly we don’t think about water use much, so one thing I thought is we often wash our dishes a bit before the dishwasher because at least our dishwasher history is that they don’t often get everything off without that. But it seems wasteful, like a better dishwasher should be able to do the job with less water. I don’t know, maybe I’m overthinking it but I don’t want to needlessly waste water in ways that could easily be avoided...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 11:22 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,830,739 times
First of all, all water that goes down the drain is recycled so no need to conserve. I suspect that a lot of the water used in irrigation is “saved” to a shallow aquafier.

Old 08-29-2018, 11:25 PM

Last winter’s snowpack was a complete disaster. This winter better be the monster of all winter storms or we are looking at the Dept of Interior taking control of Hoover Dam.

Old 08-30-2018, 02:27 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,139,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayview6 View Post
Last winter’s snowpack was a complete disaster. This winter better be the monster of all winter storms or we are looking at the Dept of Interior taking control of Hoover Dam.
F-word. There are simply too many people here, and it’s getting worse as California prices out it’s underclass. Wait until the Raiders get here. My apartment manager said they were looking at raising the rates significantly when that happens, because of demand. Great.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:57 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,646,986 times
Do people seriously move for their sports team? Lol. Jeez I thought I was die hard Knights for watching 95% of the games or ok 97% lol and collecting tons of merchandise and listening to Ken’s 2 hour podcast every week but that’s nothing compared to moving to a new city just for your team. Hmm maybe I should start telling people I’m moving to Vegas for the Knights or when I move tell them that’s the main reason I moved there hahaha. Get me some extra street cred

Old 08-30-2018, 07:45 AM

1,073 posts, read 1,045,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Do people seriously move for their sports team?
No. And that recurring theme on here is silly. The underlying concern is the growth and if it is being managed properly. The other ridiculous idea is that fans are somehow a homogeneous group--"all the Raiders fans" this or that. From personal experience, alcohol and mixed fans of any team in any team sport will end in a few fights.

As for the snow pack doomsayers, you were probably quiet when the 2017 pack was almost off the top of the charts. Don't Chicken Little just yet.....

Upper Colorado River Snowpack Database

Old 08-30-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVREDLEG View Post
No. And that recurring theme on here is silly. The underlying concern is the growth and if it is being managed properly. The other ridiculous idea is that fans are somehow a homogeneous group--"all the Raiders fans" this or that. From personal experience, alcohol and mixed fans of any team in any team sport will end in a few fights.

As for the snow pack doomsayers, you were probably quiet when the 2017 pack was almost off the top of the charts. Don't Chicken Little just yet.....

Upper Colorado River Snowpack Database
Great. August 30th is 73% of zero. I’m not a doomsayers, just reporting what is could be in the cards. That’s why the LV water district is spending $1.5 billion for the third straw. The question is what kind of impact the continuing drought will have on home Prices here in the Valley.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:06 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,742,521 times
LOL at 73% of zero. That's some Einsteinian math they're using. I'm assuming that zero is in a 20 point font and the average is in a 15 point font.

Of course they "adjust it to .01 for calculation purposes". That puts the total at three snowflakes per square mile. They must have a snow dog that sniffs them out. Otherwise they'd never find any.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:48 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,139,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Do people seriously move for their sports team? Lol. Jeez I thought I was die hard Knights for watching 95% of the games or ok 97% lol and collecting tons of merchandise and listening to Ken’s 2 hour podcast every week but that’s nothing compared to moving to a new city just for your team. Hmm maybe I should start telling people I’m moving to Vegas for the Knights or when I move tell them that’s the main reason I moved there hahaha. Get me some extra street cred
Gawd I hope not. But, I’m leaving anyway. Vegas will always be my hometown though, and yes, I do care.

Old 08-31-2018, 01:09 AM

1,286 posts, read 1,485,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Gawd I hope not. But, I’m leaving anyway. Vegas will always be my hometown though, and yes, I do care.
Where are you going to move to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas