Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 08:57 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,034,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
Cite sources for you like I have nothing better to do, huh? Do it yourself I'm not your personal research assistant. You don't watch the news or read I guess.
I suspect you really don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 09:24 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,557,754 times
FSBO has been around for quite some time but there's not many of them. What tends to happen is those properties have no exposure. Maybe zillow/redfin or some other website will finally be successful and drive realtors and the MLS system out of business, but it hasn't happened yet.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:27 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,376,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
FSBO has been around for quite some time but there's not many of them. What tends to happen is those properties have no exposure. Maybe zillow/redfin or some other website will finally be successful and drive realtors and the MLS system out of business, but it hasn't happened yet.
Nah - The problem is always that if the allow or feature FSBOs they can't get the MLS feed.

And that is always the problem of Zillow et al. They have to have the MLS - and that has its cost.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:08 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,021,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
in my opinion, realtors will always be needed.... in a hot market, you can fsbo, Redfin, or go with a realtor... difference is dollars...

in a soft market, I honestly believe you need the best realtor, even if it means 6%.

speaking of phone calls asking if I want to sell, its too a point, I ask which house?

we are even getting the letters and calls here and Ive only been in the house a month and a half

Old 08-14-2018, 10:19 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,830,554 times
Too much demand and not enough supply. I heard that the wait time for new construction is 8 months once the deal is signed.

Old 08-14-2018, 11:54 PM

39 posts, read 30,237 times
I signed a contract on a new construction a few months ago, and time from contract to closing is estimated at 10 months.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:11 AM

929 posts, read 400,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
in my opinion, realtors will always be needed.... in a hot market, you can fsbo, Redfin, or go with a realtor... difference is dollars...

in a soft market, I honestly believe you need the best realtor, even if it means 6%.

speaking of phone calls asking if I want to sell, its too a point, I ask which house?

we are even getting the letters and calls here and Ive only been in the house a month and a half
Realtor is not always necessary, just out of curiosity I requested an offer from Opendoor the other day and within 4 hours they made me an offer right at appraisal. Service charge and other fees combined was at 4%, not too bad, only thing is I have to wait a few more months before I can sell. No realtors, no showings, no hassles, no major cleaning and money in the bank guaranteed...really it all depends on your situation.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:42 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,021,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
Realtor is not always necessary, just out of curiosity I requested an offer from Opendoor the other day and within 4 hours they made me an offer right at appraisal. Service charge and other fees combined was at 4%, not too bad, only thing is I have to wait a few more months before I can sell. No realtors, no showings, no hassles, no major cleaning and money in the bank guaranteed...really it all depends on your situation.
I wasn’t and would never consider open door.
You still pay the other fees like transfer tax etc

You will lose with open door.
No showings.. I never had one
No hassles..none here
No cleaning... sure, it was worth the $200 I paid for cleaners
Money in the bank..same

House 12 hours. Closing under 30 days. We gave no incentives

Old 08-15-2018, 08:13 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,267,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayview6 View Post
Got another call from a realtor this morning about when I was planning on selling my house. I told him that I had no plans to sell. He said that he had buyers looking to buy in my area. Now please tell me why you guys think real estate here is over-valued when there are buyers wanting to buy? In Seal Beach CA you can get a 1400 sq ft rancher on a small lot for $850K.
That is most likely a new realtor trying to generate business we get calls and flyers also.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:14 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,267,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Would those be the economists you can't name?
Oh give it rest you and lvmensch are one in the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas