Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 02:53 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,195,511 times

Advertisements

I think at least one of those elegant ferris wheels should be placed at the north end of the strip.

Technically they both will be next to each other in the south end instead.

Sent from phone using app
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 03:25 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,316,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
They always ask about the good area's. Why not live in a bad area? Cheaper to live there. You probably will never get your home broken into, especially if it looks like hell on the outside. You just might get mugged to and from your home, but think of the savings!
I am going on 7 months in my nice apt that is in a bad area along Sierra Vista. I love it. My same apartment would cost hundreds more if it was in a nice area, so I am saving a lot of money living here. I have also never had any problems here at all, and what I really like is I can walk to the strip in 30 minutes.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:40 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,620,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I am going on 7 months in my nice apt that is in a bad area along Sierra Vista. I love it. My same apartment would cost hundreds more if it was in a nice area, so I am saving a lot of money living here. I have also never had any problems here at all, and what I really like is I can walk to the strip in 30 minutes.
Which complex? I used to live in Villas at Desert Pointe at Sierra Vista and Swenson. Nice complex, bad location. I preferred my other place in Centennial Hills a lot better

Old 09-12-2012, 05:19 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,316,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Which complex? I used to live in Villas at Desert Pointe at Sierra Vista and Swenson. Nice complex, bad location. I preferred my other place in Centennial Hills a lot better
Right next to the police station at Oasis Place.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:27 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,620,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Right next to you at Oasis Place.
Looked at it online. Looks like a real nice complex based on the photos. Even better than Villas at Desert Pointe. Due to the location though, I still would not live there though the rent seems really reasonable. I supposed being right next door to a Metro substation adds a feeling of safety somewhat. Although I do know the reason that was built was because Sierra Vista was (is?) one of Las Vegas' toughest streets

When I return to Las Vegas I will still follow my original rule for looking for a place to live.

My place in Vegas will Either be....

West of Rainbow

North of Craig

South of Russell

So basically somewhere along the 215. I know it will cost more but if it means I don't have to live in the ghetto then it will be worth it to me

Old 10-21-2012, 09:33 AM

80 posts, read 145,398 times
South of Russell is Okay. But unfortunately anywhere you have a month to month place - Siegel Suites, etc. You might have to deal with seedy elements. Personally, I live at Russell and Boulder area. Daytime I can deal with. It's the nighttime I stay away from. Turtle Creek area across the way I've read has tons of burglaries reported. In my opinion it doesn't matter where you go in the valley, really. If you're a target, you're a target, so just don't do anything to become one. ie - stick out like a sore thumb. People like to challenge a sore thumb around here...

Old 10-21-2012, 09:50 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,350,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGhost View Post
South of Russell is Okay. But unfortunately anywhere you have a month to month place - Siegel Suites, etc. You might have to deal with seedy elements. Personally, I live at Russell and Boulder area. Daytime I can deal with. It's the nighttime I stay away from. Turtle Creek area across the way I've read has tons of burglaries reported. In my opinion it doesn't matter where you go in the valley, really. If you're a target, you're a target, so just don't do anything to become one. ie - stick out like a sore thumb. People like to challenge a sore thumb around here...
Now that's why your experience is different than others. It all depends on where you live. Where I live, we can walk our neighborhood at any time after dark and no one bothers you. People do their routine walks after midnight, 1 am, 2am etc.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:01 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,501,580 times
I am renewing my lease next month here off Charleston and Pecos...no problems to report!

...I never even come close to thinking I'd need to be on the defensive let alone need to reach for my handwarmer!

Old 10-30-2012, 01:56 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,350,424 times
^^You can be the new ambassador for east side living. Get more people interested in living there. Free's up more space on the roads in other area's.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:37 AM

80 posts, read 145,398 times
Charleston and Pecos, you say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas