Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 03:44 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,578,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
So because YOU are allergic to dogs NOBODY should take a dog to a public place other than a pet store....LOL!! Not happening grumpy!
The militant anti-smokers are taking that stance.

Like many smokers have learned, it's not appropriate to smoke everywhere. It's a courtesy many non-smokers need to learn. You have bad habits/behaviors too!

Old 07-17-2012, 01:54 AM

69 posts, read 144,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I have never had a cat (husband and daughter very allergic) but I hear horror stories about traveling with them. Poor things!
We just moved to Vegas and arrived TODAY as a matter of fact!!! Hubby drove the Uhaul with the cat, and I drove our truck with the dogs. (2 mini doxies). They all play well together, but it was just easier keeping dog stuff with me, and cat stuff with him. ALL 3 of them did AMAZINGLY well with 4 days of driving! After hubby got on the road, he opened the carrier to let the cat go in/out as he chose, and he spent most of his time sitting ON the carrier looking outside, laying on a pillow in the seat of the van, or laying under the seat resting. Couldn't have asked for it to be ANY easier!! Me and the dogs, they had their pillows all over the seat, my tiny one liked to sit on her carrier so she could watch the cars (and she also learned that the "big yellow truck" had daddy in it!!), and the other loved her seat in the dash on her blanket in the early mornings or late evening after it wasn't as hot!! Other than them jumping in the car and me bumping the door (when loading up in TX) - and then jumping on the door and locking the doors....so I therefore had to call the police to help me get in.... they ALL were SO very well behaved!!!

The worst part is now they are confused about "home" with all the hotels and last night I noticed the dogs freaked out when we tried to go get food. SO, I sent hubby for take out while I stayed in the hotel with them. And I am now pretty much confined to the hotel room, and I will manage to make do with take-out food (uggghhh) until we get moved in the house in 2 days unless we go to a pet park. It's a small price - my dogs are VERY well behaved and did so amazing on this trip. But I couldn't take them somewhere and have people get "angry" feeling they don't belong. I clean up after my pets, even at the gas stations and rest areas along the way from GA to here..... it's part of a job as a pet parent. Some don't... but that doesn't make us ALL bad. Just like some real parents don't make the best decisions, doesn't make us all bad parents!! I LOVE children... especially MINE! But now that mine are all teenagers and in early 20's.... I don't do diapers or crying - but I don't have to!! LOLOL And I hate tantrums. When I see that happen in a store, I walk away grinning knowing mine did NOT do that because I was a strict "mean mom". But to ask them now - they are SO glad I had "rules to follow".We can't control when they are sick at all, but we sure can control tantrums and "expectations". Kids AND pets alike NEED discipline, routine and love!!!

I will be so glad to get my pets into our new home, so they can "learn" that is home and not to panic that I am leaving them anywhere! This is their first move - and it was a big one at over 2000 miles!! I am very proud though at how they behaved!! (Spare set of keys was then given to hubby so no more issues!!) LOL

Just my 2 cents as a dog & cat owner... as well as a mommy of 4 (not so little anymore) kids!!

Last edited by observer53; 08-22-2014 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: fixed broken quote tag

Old 07-17-2012, 02:00 AM

69 posts, read 144,017 times
OH, and I DO understand allergies.... people who use too much perfume or various other sprays can cause me to have an INSTANT migraine... and if it's too bad - has caused me to have a seizure. I NEVER say anything if someone near me has set it off. For that reason, I spent MONTHS at home never leaving for fear. I refuse to do it anymore, I will just spend most of my time doing outdoor activities, and shopping during "less busy" hours when not as likely to be so many variances of scents. Unfortunately for my girls, I don't go to the mall with them anymore - AND I SOOOO MISS my fav store there, Bath & Body Works... BUT - it's part of life - at least I am still living and breathing and I am thankful for that. We can go to other places!! I have meds to hopefully help with the aches, but I do all I can to enjoy my family time... with my 2 legged kids... and my 4 legged ones too!! : ) And that's ALL that matters to me!!

Old 08-21-2014, 02:24 PM

7 posts, read 7,808 times
Default keep your dogs home!

I work in a big box store and there is a sign that apparently pet owners cannot read or feel it does not apply to them. Your dog friend is not welcome we are tired of them lifting their legs or crapping in the store! No where in my job description does it say I have to clean up as the pet owner feels its not their job to do so.

With that said people have allergies some so bad they must carry a eppi pen to save there live, some people are afraid of dogs, so what gives you a dog owner the right to make it not possible for them to shop...oh I have heard it all <MY DOG WOULD NEVER BITE> WRONG DOGS SMELL FEAR WHICH MAKES THEM FEARFUL AND THEY WILL BITE!!!!!! AS IT IS THE STORES RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP SHOPPERS SAFE, IT IS THE STORE THE ATTORNEY WILL GO AFTER NOT THE LAME ASS DOG OWNER!

LASTLY DO I BRING MY PET BOA IN JUST BECAUSE I HAVE ONE? DO I BRING MY PET BOBCAT IN JUST BECAUSE I HAVE ONE OR TELL YOU ITS MY COMPANION!!!!!!!!!

Companion dog is just another name for a pet dog, are not permitted in public places as are service dogs.

IF ITS TO HOT IN THE CAR THEN LEAVE YOUR PET AT HOME!!!!!!!

Old 08-21-2014, 04:06 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,786,973 times
You resurrected a 2 year old thread to yell at us? Odd..

Old 08-21-2014, 07:47 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
I want to know what store it is. Your sign is vague and I would assume service animals aren't allowed in... your store may be breaking federal law

Old 08-22-2014, 01:28 PM

lowes does not allow dogs unless they are service dogs they no longer want the responsibility of dog poop, dog pee on products, allowing people who have a fear of dogs to shop, allowing people who have allergies not to worry when they shop, keeping all shoppers safe.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:30 PM

all service animals are allowed as they are trained for the handicap person not pets

Old 08-22-2014, 01:34 PM

Lowes has signs posted only service dogs allowed, summers are warm so leave your dog at home unless your shopping at petsmart or petco where they are welcome

Old 08-22-2014, 01:48 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
But then it's the store's responsibility to enforce their own rules. Have they ever asked anyone who came in with a dog to leave? Has anyone refused, and did management then call the cops and have them trespassed?

If the store doesn't enforce their rules, they shouldn't bother having them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgoose View Post
Lowes has signs posted only service dogs allowed, summers are warm so leave your dog at home unless your shopping at petsmart or petco where they are welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas