Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 12:29 AM

10,864 posts, read 17,011,620 times

Advertisements

You can't sue a piece of legislation.

And don't get me wrong -- I'm 100% against the status quo. I would consult an attorney, preferably one with a little Americans with Disabilities Act experience. The way it was broken down for us at the resort was, "You don't say a damned thing. Nothing. Ever."

If they don't think they can win, what makes your employer think there's a chance?

Old 08-28-2014, 06:33 AM

9 posts, read 7,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Heart View Post
It is very common for places like Lowes, Home Depot, and other home and garden stores to allow pets inside. Because they don't have food in them, it isn't prohibited like in normal grocery stores. Lots of people have their animals working with them out in the garden and around the house, and it's fun for them to take them on trips outside the house. It's also a good opportunity for socialization in puppies. I will even sometimes take one of my dogs with me on errands around town like the bank, our bank tellers have a little bowl of cookies and will send one in the drawer from the drive thru. And currently, I am in a small town in Missouri, but I know lots of online friends on a dog forum who bring their dogs into those kinds of stores.
Reading some of the replies to this post just makes me sad. Pets do not belong in banks Cherry Heartless. I have 2 lung diseases and I am having a very very hard time staying out of the ER. If I inhale dander which dogs leave everywhere my airways swell and I can't breathe. It's pretty scary. A pill will not prevent this. Not breathing in dander is my only option. I can barely leave my home anymore because of the fake service dog trend. I left a furniture store and had an attack. I didn't realize they had a dog in the store. I went to the pharmacy to pick up more meds a week later and guess what, a dog was in Walgreens. The worst is trying to fly for work. There is a dog on every flight. People should be more considerate of people. I'm grown and I know dogs come before me. It's a fact that I have been forced to accept. But what about the children with allergies to dogs. Allergies don't always mean watery eyes or itching. These allergies are life threatening. And please before I get any nasty replies from people that love animals more than people please please realize I've heard it all before. I've already admitted that dogs come before my health so don't try and make me feel worse. I've heard it all.

Old 08-28-2014, 06:48 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,588,255 times
Yet the same dog-toting people will launch into a rage if anyone lights a cigarette within 1000 yards of them in a public place.

Old 08-28-2014, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Couldn't rep ya until I spread the love around, but reps anyway, ElleTea.
Paris Hilton wannabes are taking over the world. It is NOT right for dogs to be allowed everywhere. Why must the whole world be subjected to your dog! It's out of control. There are consequences to your actions. People like me with severe allergies end up in ER rooms all the time because you think it's ok to subject your dog to everyone. Thanks to all of you who must take your dogs to the bank, target, walmart and even the grocery store for endangering my life.

I am not referring to real service dogs here. I'm speaking of pets and emotional support animals. They do not have the same rights as a Service Animal. There is a difference and most people don't realize it.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I am never more miserable than when I am stuck in a goddamn airplane with a goddamn cat. But at least my allergies aren't life threatening.

What really grinds my gears is the sense of entitlement of these "special snowflake" pet owners. I don't bother talking to pet owners in grocery stores. But I have heard them say to others that they can't bear to be away from "their wittle Woogums." Meanwhile, I'm thinking, "Oh, so you suffer from separation anxiety? THEN HAVE YOUR [CENSORED] GROCERIES DELIVERED, SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE THE [CENSORED] HOUSE AND YOUR MISERABLE LITTLE RAT-DOG."

I have seen pet owners WATCH THEIR DOG DEFECATE IN A GROCERY STORE. And then start baby talking about it. "Did Woogums just make a doodle? Yes, Woogums did!" Makes me want to pull a gun and shoot the owner. The longer I live, the more I'm convinced that the average person is just too effing stupid to have a pet.
Best comment I've read so far on this thread!! Thank you for having common sense. My allergies are life threatening and I know I will die young because everywhere I go some entitled person has their dog with them.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I love love seeing dogs ANYWHERE! It makses me day happy and bright. I don't know why people would get mad at seeing dogs in stores. Just seeing there love is enough
I wonder if you would change your mind if you witnessed a person struggle to breathe? First I start coughing, then I start gasping for air. This happens even if the dog or cat isn't around anymore. Inhaling saliva and dander of a dog is life threatening for some people. Tunnel vision is also a condition a lot of pet owners have. They put their pet before the lives of other human beings. We live in a sad world!

Old 08-28-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I wholeheartedly agree.. my step-daughter wanted to take her pit bull with her to work, so she saw a doctor in San Francisco who made the dog her "service dog" for "stress".. true story.
Sickening!

Old 08-28-2014, 10:40 AM

15,868 posts, read 14,512,912 times
That's easier said than done? Will there be enough recoverable cash to get a lawyer interested in a contingency case? Are you going to front $300/hr (or whatever lawyers bill per hour out there) to fund a case? Not everything is financially worth suing for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
One thing is for certain, if I get attacked and injured by a service dog or a large pet dog in any establishment, at home, at work or anywhere, there will be a lawsuit. First the owner of the dog and second the establishment/place on where it happened. Now if the establishment wants to sue ADA, I don't give a d@mn but for all those people with large dogs, service dogs or pets I will sue YOU if your dog harmed me in any way.

Old 08-28-2014, 05:22 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,822,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen Witch View Post
What they do in New Mexico or Germany doesn't have anything to do with Las Vegas.
I wasn't talking to you. I was responding to the Original Post of this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
Admittedly I'm not a pet person, but what is the deal with people bringing their pets (mainly dogs and cats) into stores? I was mainly in Lowe's, Home Depot and Walmart but saw this quite frequently. I haven't noticed this in other cities. I generally thought that stores don't allow pets unless they are helpers of some sort.
What part of the question "I haven't noticed this in other cities." do you not understand?

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 08-28-2014 at 09:52 PM..

Old 08-29-2014, 12:50 AM

21 posts, read 28,584 times
Well, I'm local and am responding to this thread.

In my local Wal-Mart, here in NV. We often have people who bring in their little, obviously, non service dogs. An employee must have notice the couple with the white poodle come in, they announced over the PA, that Only Service animals were permitted in the store and for customers to immediately return theier non service pets to their vehicles.

So, it is not only fellow patrons who are disturbed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas