Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 04:57 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,311,326 times

Advertisements

It looks like this going to be the first store with more to come.

Publix Confirms Knoxville Expansion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 AM

621 posts, read 1,616,579 times
I think the reason they haven't expanded sooner is they want their truck drivers to be able to go home every evening, not be on the road over night. So, they are gradually building distribution centers further north. At least, that's what i heard. I used to do some engineering work for them in Lakeland.. loved driving by the water tower outside headquarters, it looked like a birthday cake..lol.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:33 AM

108 posts, read 198,449 times
Hi everyone!

I work for Publix in Hudson, FL. I've worked there for 4 years and have shopped there for 20.

I feel Publix is a great place to work and shop. I believe the main reason for both is that the employees are owners of the company. Yup, I along with the other Pubix employees are stock holders. Having that ownership gives us the incentive to go the extra mile and I believe that translates to a better shopping experience.

No, I am not a Publix rep spamming your forum. I came upon this site while researching Knoxville and the Publix expansion there. I had heard rumor of Publix's plans to expand into the Knoxville market and when I saw confirmation I wanted to know more.

Reason being, I am considering a transfer/relocation so that I might take advantage of the growth and opportunity with the company that comes with moving into a new market.

This is all about a year away and I have no idea how this will all work out for me, but my wife have been thinking of an Eastern Tennessee move for some time and this would provide the opportunity to do so.

So in the mean time, I will be happy to discuss Publix from my perspective with y'all and in turn I hope to find out more about your area from your forums.

I look forward to any future conversation and getting to know some of my (hopefully) future neighbors.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:36 PM

13,356 posts, read 39,983,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird2000 View Post
What hiknapster is true... i was born and raised just east of Tampa, little town called Seffner. Moved here just 3 1/2 years ago.. my wife and i love it. She grew up in Atlanta, but lived quite a few places. Florida was the only place i called home, but now this is home. It's what Florida used to be 20 years ago...
I'm originally from Brandon, just down the road from Seffner. There are really just a few things I miss about that place, one of them being Publix. It'll be a dream come true to have Publix in Knoxville. The other thing that I really miss, deviled crabs, are pretty much just a Tampa thing. I think it'll be asking too much for Publix to carry real Tampa style deviled crabs. Oh well. But as long as Publix in Knoxville will have Cuban bread, their in-house key lime pies, Cuban (not Mexican) chorizzo, and Palmalito guava jelly I'll be happy.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 07-10-2011, 02:56 AM

Not only Cuban bread, but you will be able to get a hot pressed Cuban sandwich from the Deli

Old 07-10-2011, 12:33 PM

460 posts, read 1,140,449 times
Yum

Old 07-13-2011, 01:21 PM

611 posts, read 1,459,748 times
Publix! Hooray!

Last edited by Beretta; 07-13-2011 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: removed off topic portions

Old 07-13-2011, 07:21 PM

Let's just say the only loyalty colors I will be wearing around Knox will be Publix green...

Yes thats right... the pastels are out and green is in...

For any that would like to learn more about Publix, here is their website.

Welcome to Publix Super Markets, Inc.

You will find history, news, locations, recipes, weekly ads, etc.

Hope you enjoy....

Oh... and go NOLES!

Last edited by Beretta; 07-13-2011 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: removed off topic portions

Old 07-25-2011, 07:43 PM

79 posts, read 249,232 times
Default Grocery Stores In Knoxville

Well, I am so happy to read that Knoxville has BOTH Kroger and Publix (plus those others you mentioned). I was a loyal Publix shopper for many years while living in Central and South Florida. When I moved to Metro Atlanta 3.5 years ago, there was a brand new Kroger right next to my subdivision. I warmed up to Kroger pretty quickly. Kroger is the big grocer in Atlanta with Publix being a distant 2nd. I still LOVE Publix, but Kroger is definitely cheaper than Publix. That said, there are certain things (like the awesome chicken tarragon salad from the Publix deli and all the yummy treats from their bakery) you just can't get at Kroger, so I still go to Publix too. Neither Walmart or Target (groceries) is cheaper and their selection is scanty. Good luck finding reduced fat versions of anything! I would never buy meats or other fresh foods at Walmart either....IMHO!

Old 07-26-2011, 08:03 PM

1,285 posts, read 2,358,438 times
I like having a lot of grocery stores to choose from. I personally dont care for buying groceries at Wal-Mart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville