Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2008, 07:14 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,658 times

Advertisements

bones...I am so glad your wife's surgery went well, tho' I am sorry she is hurting. Thank you for letting us know.

mysticfire...I am so very sorry. I am like hik here in that I don't know what to say, and no matter what I say it won't make things any eaiser. But please know that you and your friend are in my prayers and thoughts. I am truely sorry mystic....

Old 08-20-2008, 07:20 PM

811 posts, read 2,010,931 times
Mr Bones,
I am glad to hear the surgery went okay. Your wife is in my prayers tonight. I hope she is feeling better soon. Try to get some rest--the both of you.

Hik, no, it's not...I just keep wandering the apartment in circles, feeling kind of lost.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:24 PM

811 posts, read 2,010,931 times
Thank you Painter...very much. I don't know what to say, either. I know there will come a time soon when she is ready to talk, but I have no idea what to say to her. She was the only thing I knewI would miss in coming here, and while I know it isnt logical to NOT make the decision to move based on one person, if anyone could have made me stay it would have been her. I already missed her, and now my heart just aches for her. She has been through more than most people ever think of handling, and I don't know if she can mentally handle this. He was a joy in her life--he was the one of her sons she never had to worry about getting into trouble or anything...it just breaks my heart...

Old 08-20-2008, 07:26 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,683,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
mysticfire0213 such a tragic to happen to your friends son. Take care and get plenty of rest.....

Been up since 4am and just got home. Mrs. Bones is doing ok and the operation was shorter than expected, so hopefully there is no cancer. Since she is allergic to pain meds, she's a bit uncomfortable to say the least.....
Thanks to all for your support and prayers through this.....
M/M Bones, a restful night to you both.

Mysticfire My thoughts are with you and your firend. Such a tragic loss for all.

Pam&Bill, Glad you to hear you are back in TN again. Good luck apartment hunting. That perfect unit is awaiting you and your dogs.

Good Night Everyone!

Old 08-20-2008, 07:27 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,311,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
Thank you Painter...very much. I don't know what to say, either. I know there will come a time soon when she is ready to talk, but I have no idea what to say to her. She was the only thing I knewI would miss in coming here, and while I know it isnt logical to NOT make the decision to move based on one person, if anyone could have made me stay it would have been her. I already missed her, and now my heart just aches for her. She has been through more than most people ever think of handling, and I don't know if she can mentally handle this. He was a joy in her life--he was the one of her sons she never had to worry about getting into trouble or anything...it just breaks my heart...
Life can truly be cruel, can't it?

Old 08-20-2008, 07:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
just felt like dropping in. how are you.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:37 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,329,215 times
Mystic, I am so sorry about your friend, just tragic.I too have no words.
My Dad had Bell's Palsy back in the late 70's or early 80's (can't recall exact) good news is that it does go away and there is no pain, except the Pain in the butt while trying to eat or drink, straws work on the opposite side of the mouth. Good luck with that and hope it goes away soon!

Old 08-20-2008, 09:36 PM

780 posts, read 1,766,494 times
Default Oh My

Oh My, it seems like there is a lot of grief and sadness for a lot of people right now, Bones, Mrs Bones is in pain but glad its over and she is on the road now to recovery, Mystic, so sorry about your friends loss and about your health problems.

I sure hope that tomorrow brings a better day for everyone, my heart and prayers go out to everyone tonight. I will be saying an extra prayer for Fl also that Fay will hurry and make a quick exit, it is really doing a lot of flooding for those poor folks and looks like for my family tomorrow, they are expecting at a min of 7" and my daughter lives in a low lying area, her pond has already overflowed so this isnt good news for her I'm afraid.

Take care everyone

Old 08-21-2008, 06:47 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,351,428 times
Morning,
Suzanne- We aren't back in Tn. yet... soon though.
Hucklberry- Welcome and hello to you too!
Everyone have a great day.
Pam

Old 08-21-2008, 07:56 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,658 times
Hi there huck!!! Suprised to see you here, but very glad!!!!

Good Morning all~~~~~~~~~~~Have a terrific day today~~~~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville