Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2008, 08:20 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,335,296 times

Advertisements

Galli, I am SOO glad all went well, rest up.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:26 AM

780 posts, read 1,767,228 times
Default Hello

Well, I am now back from my checkup and all is great, I am even sitting here typing without glasses, wow, I even just read the paper without glasses, its amazing. I really love Dr Smith, he did such a great job.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, good luck with the yard sale and everyone else, hope you find something fun to do this weekend, I am going to a cookout so that should be fun.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:40 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,539,442 times

Old 08-15-2008, 08:41 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,229,169 times
Gailli, that's wonderful news!!! I've been waiting for you to return from your check-up to see how it went!! What a relief!! I can hardly wait until I can do the same!! Can you already see clearer??

I hope everyone has wonderful plans for the weekend!! I've missed being here, but I didn't want my sadness to come through my posts, so I stayed away for a few days!! I'm doing better now, and am looking forward to attending a 'Celebration of Life' service for my dear friend, Craig!! It will be an uplifting, happy service because Craig was uplifting and happy!!

Right now my biggest stress is trying to figure out how to manage to fix things for a potluck luncheon following the get-together - when I live 12 hours and an overnight stay away!! LOL

HAPPY WEEKEND FRIENDS!!!!

Old 08-15-2008, 09:31 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,141,657 times
Have fun at the yard sales, Hik! Really, find some good stuff for the house - even pictures and grilling tools. You can find anything you need if you are persistent. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Gailli, I am amazed that you can notice the difference already! That is fantastic. What a pleasure it would be not to have to put the specs on at the computer or to read a book.

Bebette, have a safe trip. It is wonderful to be able to celebrate a life well-lived. To be remembered for what you added to the world and others' lives is a gift for anyone. Make something tasty that you know that Craig would have loved.

MB, it's so nice to see you back on the forums with us! We missed you while you were gone.

My computer now runs, but it truly is time to get out the manual, install the anti-virus software and Office XP. Then, I am good to go. I hope I accomplish that all before the leaves begin to fall! Look in the dictionary under computer goonie, and you will read: SEE GEMKEEPER.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:46 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,335,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
MB, it's so nice to see you back on the forums with us! We missed you while you were gone.

My computer now runs, but it truly is time to get out the manual, install the anti-virus software and Office XP. Then, I am good to go. I hope I accomplish that all before the leaves begin to fall! Look in the dictionary under computer goonie, and you will read: SEE GEMKEEPER.
Hi Gem,
Thanks for that nice comment but I haven't been gone, just lurking, keeping up with everyone from a distance and chime in once in a while. As I am not in Knoxville, most times I don't have much relevant to add hahahaaha.
Glad you have your new computer, I am sure you have the hang of it and get used to all the changes in no time. I believe you are one smart cookie.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:44 PM

780 posts, read 1,767,228 times
Default Yes its strange

Yes, I cannot believe how good I can see already, of course my right eye was done two years ago. I dont even feel like I had anything done, last time I was miserable, with itching and burning, nothing this time, what a great surgeon he is.

I am looking forward to a nice weekend, here I thought I was going to be miserable and I'm not so I want to take advantage of that so I plan to enjoy the cookout Sunday.

I am keeping an eye on the Tropics with my family all down in FL and my daughter being due to deliver soon(its not unusual for a pregnant person to go into labor during a Hurricane as some of you Floridians probably know)so I told her to have a plan since she is about 40 min from her hospital.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:05 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,561 times
Gailli---I am here in the Panhandle 20mins from the gulf and wasnt aware of the storms abrewin', THANKS for the warning. I switched to the weather station and yup there it was. They are thinking "Kay" will be on us by Tues, wonderful, not sure till it crosses Cuba to what route it will take, but either way its heading my way. Hoping it will take a sharp turn East and miss all of Florida, but not likely. I just love it here, lol. I may have a busy weekend now....

Old 08-15-2008, 10:26 PM

811 posts, read 2,011,829 times
I will be praying that everyone stays safe!!

Old 08-16-2008, 07:59 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,447,561 times
Morning Knoxville! So quiet here this a.m. Was hoping to hear about all of the yard sale finds from you Hik...are you still recouperating from the journey? Or at work since it is Sat?
The storm out here is FAY not Kay, ooops, one should really know their enemies, lol. Will keep an eye on it for direction it is traveling, wont really know till Sunday or so. Gailli, where is your family located???

Last edited by the painter; 08-16-2008 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: spelling errors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville