Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 04:10 PM

4,711 posts, read 5,775,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCHS'59 View Post
Chuckle, I went to the 63rd Street several times. What is there now?

I might have went to the Heart one time. Is it gone also? Seems like there was an I-70, also.

Usually it was the Highway 40, but I also went to the Twin a couple times.

Doc, you may or may not be familiar with this one but the only other drive in I can remember ever attending was Tal's Drive In at Coffeyville, Kansas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 05:16 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,481,060 times
Quote:

I might have went to the Heart one time. Is it gone also? Seems like there was an I-70, also.

The 63rd is now a swap'n'shop open every weekend. The Heart is no more, the land is vacant. The Heart Bowl is now a decorative rock shop. The I-70 is now a four-screen, just across the freeway from the Sports Complex.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:16 PM

2,374 posts, read 2,765,945 times
Quote:

I think the I-70 might still be around. I could see the screen of H 40 from my bedroom window. Years later when it went trashy I think Linda Lovelace for President was my last time there lol. The 63rd was a big swap n shop type place. Heart has been long gone. Too much competition nearby, too many floods.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:32 PM

778 posts, read 1,026,318 times
Quote:
Doc, you may or may not be familiar with this one but the only other drive in I can remember ever attending was Tal's Drive In at Coffeyville, Kansas.
I'm not familiar with that particular drive-in. I went to the one in Ft. Scott, I remember the one in Pittsburg. The Boulevard in Kansas City, Kansas is still open as far as I know, I remember the State Twin, The North Twin, Crest, Clayco, Fairyland.....

Old 06-24-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverDoc View Post
I'm not familiar with that particular drive-in. I went to the one in Ft. Scott, I remember the one in Pittsburg. The Boulevard in Kansas City, Kansas is still open as far as I know, I remember the State Twin, The North Twin, Crest, Clayco, Fairyland.....
I was in Germany in 1969 when the area I was in got their first drive in movie. It was called Auto Kino. This was near Heidelberg.

Land was so expensive over there that there were not very many. Germany's first opened in 1960.

I suppose the bulk of theirs have gone out also.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
I was in Germany in 1969 when the area I was in got their first drive in movie. It was called Auto Kino. This was near Heidelberg.

Land was so expensive over there that there were not very many. Germany's first opened in 1960.

I suppose the bulk of theirs have gone out also.

Well, around here, I'd much rather see a drive-in than another damn golf course! Talk about a waste of open space, unless of course a person happens to like golf, which as you can tell, I don't. Playing OR watching it! Kinda like watching a turtle race!

Old 06-25-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverDoc View Post
Well, around here, I'd much rather see a drive-in than another damn golf course! Talk about a waste of open space, unless of course a person happens to like golf, which as you can tell, I don't. Playing OR watching it! Kinda like watching a turtle race!
Speaking of golf courses, does anyone know what the status is of the course at Rockwood Country Club?

I was thinking the Independence School district wanted it but don't think I ever heard what happened.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:55 PM

239 posts, read 257,612 times
So was I volunteered to do a picture project a while back of the Independence square area?

Old 06-26-2013, 10:34 AM

2,374 posts, read 2,765,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearjas View Post
So was I volunteered to do a picture project a while back of the Independence square area?
Not volunteered but contractually obligated . . with penalties and interest for delays of course :-)

Old 06-26-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearjas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG Dallas View Post
Not volunteered but contractually obligated . . with penalties and interest for delays of course :-)
With interest compounded daily at a percentage both predetermined and subject to change without notice, and only with prior authorization!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City