Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2015, 11:33 AM

4,711 posts, read 5,771,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Anthonie View Post
I have information different than that, a much better known name.
Not sure what you are thinking of.

In Kansas City, Gills and Coates became Bullene which became Bullene Brothers which became Bullene Brothers and Emery which became Bullene, Moore & Emery which became Emery Bird Thayer which became Emery Bird Bundshu in Independence but I dont believe the T.C. Bullene store in Independence was connected to the Bullene Brothers in KC except by family relationship.

When Bundshu started out in Independence he partnered with a Stillwell and then an Ott.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 11:49 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,478,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCHS'59 View Post
Not sure what you are thinking of.

In Kansas City, Gills and Coates became Bullene which became Bullene Brothers which became Bullene Brothers and Emery which became Bullene, Moore & Emery which became Emery Bird Thayer which became Emery Bird Bundshu in Independence but I dont believe the T.C. Bullene store in Independence was connected to the Bullene Brothers in KC except by family relationship.

When Bundshu started out in Independence he partnered with a Stillwell and then an Ott.
My source had the Bullene living in this house as the one involved with Bullene, Moore & Emery. I can't get to my source at the moment to check further.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:51 AM

Where in Independence would you go to see this house, built around 1830?

Old 06-04-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
My source had the Bullene living in this house as the one involved with Bullene, Moore & Emery. I can't get to my source at the moment to check further.
The Bullene living in this house was Thomas C. Bullene, eldest son of Thomas B. Bullene. The elder Thomas was the partner in Bullene, Moore & Emery. The younger had his own dry-goods store on the Square.

The moral of this story is that I must not post before caffeine!

Old 06-04-2015, 07:13 PM

320 posts, read 310,168 times
Quote:
Where in Independence would you go to see this house, built around 1830?

I "found" a very similar looking house on google street with an address of 3940 S Crysler known as the Feril-Henly house. That homes owners had ties to the Santa Fe trade business.

Ferril-Henley House
The William Ferril-Alonzo F. Henley house is at 3940 South Crysler in Independence and was built about 1830 by Ferril, who may be related to the Henry Ferril who traveled to Santa Fe on Becknell's second trip. After a series of owners, Henly bought the house in 1856. Henley and his wife's family, the Gentrys, were active in the Santa Fe trade.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:16 PM

320 posts, read 310,168 times
Said home:

Old 06-04-2015, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tom 58 View Post
I "found" a very similar looking house on google street with an address of 3940 S Crysler known as the Feril-Henly house. That homes owners had ties to the Santa Fe trade business.

Ferril-Henley House
The William Ferril-Alonzo F. Henley house is at 3940 South Crysler in Independence and was built about 1830 by Ferril, who may be related to the Henry Ferril who traveled to Santa Fe on Becknell's second trip. After a series of owners, Henly bought the house in 1856. Henley and his wife's family, the Gentrys, were active in the Santa Fe trade.
You must be driven to succeed! You have the correct answer. Drive on down the street a few more blocks and buy yourself a Big-Boy Burger.

Old 06-05-2015, 01:11 PM

Today's old house has a nice back story. It was built by a well-known local citizen as a gift for his daughter, who had married into another well-known local family.

Name the families and the location of this fine old home.

Old 06-05-2015, 09:28 PM

4,711 posts, read 5,771,171 times

This home once stood at 10628 E Winner Road in Independence.

The owner of the home was well-known in Hollywood animated circles and was, himself, a famous person in Kansas City and from 1936 became well known in Independence. All Independence movie patrons, maybe included MRG DALLAS, up until the 60s, or so, could relate to this fellow.

The owner of the home had an indirect relationship to Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse.

Who was he?

Old 06-06-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Today's old house has a nice back story. It was built by a well-known local citizen as a gift for his daughter, who had married into another well-known local family.

Name the families and the location of this fine old home.

A later owner-occupant of this home also owned two other Independence landmarks, one of which is gone, the other restored and open for tours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City