Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2013, 02:11 PM

778 posts, read 1,023,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverDoc View Post
Yep, Google earth does have it's issues, but as I you say, it's free. For some reason I was kinda startled when the old images popped up, instead of what I was expecting. In a way it was like I was transported back in time a few years. Can you imagine what it be like if you could go to Google Earth and type in not only the place you wanted, but also the time?! How cool would that be?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG Dallas View Post
Yeah that would be really neat and would save us all alot of wondering about who/what/where/when. Google probably has a way of keeping dated copies in its archives so one day that will be possible starting with whenever the first Earthshots were taken. So when the grandkids are having these discussions 40 years from now, they'll have it much easier
That's a great idea! Too bad all of this didn't exist 40 ago so we could have archives to look back on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 02:55 PM

3,324 posts, read 3,473,250 times
Quote:
Ok it's that large subdivision N/NE of Drumm Farm off Lee's Summit Rd
Nope, you need to move north and east.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Ok it's that large subdivision N/NE of Drumm Farm off Lee's Summit Rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Anthonie View Post
Nope, you need to move north and east.

The building being constructed reminds me of the Susquehanna Baptist Church off 24 highway. In the top right of the first photo, that looks like Farview, and in the upper far right of the second, there appears to be a vehicle coming from the east on 24 highway. Just a w.a.g., of course.

Last edited by SilverDoc; 02-17-2013 at 03:40 PM..

Old 02-17-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
The building being constructed reminds me of the Susquehanna Baptist Church off 24 highway. In the top right of the first photo, that looks like Farview, and in the upper far right of the second, there appears to be a vehicle coming from the east on 24 highway. Just a w.a.g., of course.
Good job Doc! We have a winner!!!!

Old 02-17-2013, 06:13 PM

I know we came to the conclusion that the "Civil War Prison" was actually the ruins of an old McCune Home building, I thought you might like to see these:
Attached Thumbnails
Long ago on independence square-former-mccune-home-building-1.jpg   Long ago on independence square-former-mccune-home-building-1a.jpg   Long ago on independence square-former-mccune-home-building-1b.jpg   Long ago on independence square-former-mccune-home-building-1c.jpg  

Old 02-17-2013, 07:12 PM

Thanks Doc!

Old 02-18-2013, 12:18 PM

239 posts, read 256,908 times
Thanks for the welcome back. Assume no one's heard from Sally still? I am still browsing and getting up to date. So I'm a little behind. Hope everyone is having a good holiday. It's a rainy Monday here in Independence!

Quote:
I had not either. Welcome back, pearjas!

I do recall a discussion about the Main/Truman area being the highest elevation in the county. That was part of the reason given for why The Square became "The Square" (ie, the settlement). MAD also posted the accessibility of nearby springs as another reason.

My question is, where were those springs and what is their status now? I believe we said one ran near the Polly's Pop facility.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearjas View Post
Thanks for the welcome back. Assume no one's heard from Sally still? I am still browsing and getting up to date. So I'm a little behind. Hope everyone is having a good holiday. It's a rainy Monday here in Independence!
Glad you're back! Haven't heard a peep from Sally, but maybe we will soon. Oh, and how'd ya like the big temperature drop, today?! Guess we're supposed to get some nasty stuff, the next couple of days. Rain, sleet, s**w. (Notice I couldn't print the "S" word!) I guess that's what we have to put with here in Misery..I mean Missouri! Don't like the weather?, stick around, it'll change.

Gonna submit some photos?

Old 02-18-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearjas View Post
Glad to hear that you're on the mend and back with us. I wish we knew more about Sally.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:46 AM

239 posts, read 256,908 times
I have taken some photos!! I need to take some more. I will have to share them on here within the next day or two.

I'm staying pretty up to date on here though. I got very behind. That's too bad about Sally. I hope she is doing okay.

I've heard we are going to get something Thursday? Or Wednesday night? "Worst storm in 2 years". Well it better be! Have we even gotten a snow storm in 2 years? I can't wait until the weather gets better. I will be sure and take plenty more pictures when it does.

Quote:
Glad you're back! Haven't heard a peep from Sally, but maybe we will soon. Oh, and how'd ya like the big temperature drop, today?! Guess we're supposed to get some nasty stuff, the next couple of days. Rain, sleet, s**w. (Notice I couldn't print the "S" word!) I guess that's what we have to put with here in Misery..I mean Missouri! Don't like the weather?, stick around, it'll change.

Gonna submit some photos?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City