Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 12:24 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,513,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
Great news! I'm trying to picture this location. Does it run next to Racetrack Rd, or near there?
I can't either since the 9B-95 intersection is going to be in Duval County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 12:45 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,286,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
nothing really. The pro bass shops usually are larger because they do the exhibition stuff (try out the fishing stuff in the pond, sometimes even take a boat out, etc.) I think Gander wants to be in places like the Town Center, Bass Pro wants to be on major interstates.
There's a Gander Mountain in the River City Market Place on the Northside already, and one at the St. Johns Town Center too?

Coupled with REI, and now Bass Pro Shops.

Aren't we outdoorsy.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:05 PM

I have no idea if there is one in SJTC, I was just using that as an example.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:49 PM

705 posts, read 1,577,429 times
Great! The rednecks will be coming from far and wide. We'll be the unofficial capital of redneckdom. They'll have a field day!! They'll be writing congress to have National Bass Pro Shops Day when it opens so they can have the day off. They'll be buying camouflage this and camoflage that, deer stands, deer corn, deer feeders, deer decoys, deer cameras, guns, scopes, ammo, bows, arrows, camo underwear, dog boxes, dog shock collars, dog camo underwear, radios, etc., etc. They'll spend thousands and thousands of dollars to kill defenseless animals with scope mounted high powered rifles (in most cases) after luring them in with food and then, ....call it a "sport"!? Any fat slob with eyesight and a trigger finger can do that. Make them where hats with antlers on them. Now you got a sport!

Sorry if I offended anyone. Just not a hunter and I'm tired of hearing about it ad nauseum at work. It's basically all some people around here talk about.

Last edited by abvavgjoe; 01-04-2013 at 02:00 PM..

Old 01-04-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abvavgjoe View Post
Great! The rednecks will be coming from far and wide. We'll be the unofficial capital of redneckdom. They'll have a field day!! They'll be writing congress to have National Bass Pro Shops Day when it opens so they can have the day off. They'll be buying camouflage this and camoflage that, deer stands, deer corn, deer feeders, deer decoys, deer cameras, guns, scopes, ammo, bows, arrows, camo underwear, dog boxes, dog shock collars, dog camo underwear, radios, etc., etc. They'll spend thousands and thousands of dollars just to kill defenseless animals with high powered rifles (in most cases) and then, ....call it a "sport"!? Make them where hats with antlers on them. Now you got a sport!

Sorry if I offended anyone. Just not much of a hunter and I'm tired of hearing about it ad nauseum at work. It's basically all some people around here talk about.
It's their hobby. I also don't really do any of that stuff. I usually went and got cold weather great when I lived up North and that's about it.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:41 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,509,979 times
There's only Dick's Sporting Goods at SJTC (and West Marine, too). Gander Mountain is at River City Marketplace, and also by the St Augustine Outlet Mall at SR16.

I've probably been to a half-dozen different Bass Pro Shop/Outdoor World stores. They are truly an attraction, especially for the larger stores. Most of them have large freshwater aquariums and lots of taxidermy displays. They have fishing and pleasure boats on display, as well. On my honeymoon a decade ago, my bride and I went to the "home" Outdoor World in Springfield, MO (just north of Branson). That place is 3-stories high, has a few restaurants, and also a barber shop. Pretty neat place, and I'm always fascinated when I visit one. I don't know how this new one will compare with the rest, though.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:53 PM

448 posts, read 830,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
Great news! I'm trying to picture this location. Does it run next to Racetrack Rd, or near there?
The proposed State Road 9B/I-95 interchange is located about two miles south of the Old St. Augustine Road/I-95 interchange and four miles north of the County Road 210/I-95 interchange.

http://www.sr9b.com/sr9b/Phase2.aspx

Old 01-04-2013, 06:40 PM

589 posts, read 851,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abvavgjoe View Post
Great! The rednecks will be coming from far and wide. We'll be the unofficial capital of redneckdom. They'll have a field day!! They'll be writing congress to have National Bass Pro Shops Day when it opens so they can have the day off. They'll be buying camouflage this and camoflage that, deer stands, deer corn, deer feeders, deer decoys, deer cameras, guns, scopes, ammo, bows, arrows, camo underwear, dog boxes, dog shock collars, dog camo underwear, radios, etc., etc. They'll spend thousands and thousands of dollars to kill defenseless animals with scope mounted high powered rifles (in most cases) after luring them in with food and then, ....call it a "sport"!? Any fat slob with eyesight and a trigger finger can do that. Make them where hats with antlers on them. Now you got a sport!

Sorry if I offended anyone. Just not a hunter and I'm tired of hearing about it ad nauseum at work. It's basically all some people around here talk about.

Hunting isn't a sport.

When the dynamics are changed, so that there is a 50/50 chance that the hunter (rather then the animal) is shot, killed, skinned, beheaded, and mounted, THEN they can call it a 'sport.'

Until that happens, it's just an excuse for large groups of peniley challenged rednecks, to walk thorough the woods, while drinking beer, and stroking their guns.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:20 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,509,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamwebb49 View Post
The proposed State Road 9B/I-95 interchange is located about two miles south of the Old St. Augustine Road/I-95 interchange and four miles north of the County Road 210/I-95 interchange.

State Road 9B
Thanks. That's what I had guessed. But, that still doesn't line up with the BPS being built in St Johns County.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:48 PM

511 posts, read 492,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
Hunting isn't a sport.

When the dynamics are changed, so that there is a 50/50 chance that the hunter (rather then the animal) is shot, killed, skinned, beheaded, and mounted, THEN they can call it a 'sport.'

Until that happens, it's just an excuse for large groups of peniley challenged rednecks, to walk thorough the woods, while drinking beer, and stroking their guns.
Maybe Midol would help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville