Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2011, 06:36 PM

870 posts, read 2,179,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
28 degrees F this morning @ 6 AM here on the far west side of Duval county. Here's a pic of my wifes SUV this am. Can you say BRRRRRR!!!! ...LOL
That's a great photo...I can see the frost shining!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 03:36 PM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times
It's gonna happen again......the early morning temps are going to "drop like a rock"! Daytime temp will be some 10 to15 degrees cooler for the next few days .........that's all we have to say about that!
Thank God we will be back in the upper 70's by next week AND back into shorts!

Old 11-28-2011, 05:29 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,850 times
I feel for ya LoveBoating my knees were killing me this morning as they knew the rain/storm was moving in today. Fortunatly the cold weather doesn't bother them at all...yet. So I will be out on the river in the mornings all this week taking pictures, per usual.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:51 AM

This AM is awefully cold........wayyyyyyy too cold for us! Although, it is better than in the Charlotte, NC or Denver, CO right now (8AM)! This weather makes wife and I REALLY appreciate the heat of summer! The humidity does come right along with that heat, so have to put up with it as well. Going on our 4th yr here, so we are getting real use to that hateful thing here called "humidity"!

So far this morning, no aches/pains in the muscles or bones due to the coldness........but the day isn't over yet! I have a bottle of Motrin ready just in case.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:54 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,883,933 times
I love this weather! Great sleeping weather. Nice hot shower weather. You can have a fire and ENJOY it. Most importantly, my JEA bill is CHEAP...no AC an no heat!

Old 12-08-2011, 07:01 AM

Of course you're probably much younger than us!

What is really WEIRD is that we met folks in Colorado that hated the cold and snow! And, when it snowed a few inches in the Charlotte, NC area, seemed like the entire city would shut down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post
I love this weather! Great sleeping weather. Nice hot shower weather. You can have a fire and ENJOY it. Most importantly, my JEA bill is CHEAP...no AC an no heat!

Old 12-08-2011, 07:03 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,883,933 times
Not sure how much younger but you're probably right.

I just HATE the heat...always have. I'm a polar bear. I have always preferred it cooler. Fall was always my favorite time of the year up North because that meant snow and snow means skiing (I worked as a volunteer ski patroller for abou 7 years).

Heck, I haven't even broken out a jacket yet this year much less a sweat shirt. I have, however, worn a long sleeve t-shirt (with shorts) to a couple of my son's fall baseball games.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:30 AM

Early 60's.

We were raised in the "snow belts" of Michigan and Indiana. Spent numerous years in So Calif before we met and after we met/married moved to Colorado. We both missed the 4-seasons and really liked living there and somewhat enjoyed the winter months. The change came when I had my hip replaced and had rotator cuff surgery (due to a fall in ice/snow). After that, and getting a few years older since moving to CO, we just didn't want anymore snow/ice or cold weather (that cold of weather anyway).
While living in Colorado, I worked in Senior Healthcare and a lot of those folks would really complain about the cold/snow. But, due to health problems and family, they couldn't move.

This cold weather brings on big concerns for older folks (like us) due to catching pneumonia. I got it back in Dec '09 and it wasn't fun......coughing up a storm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post
Not sure how much younger but you're probably right.

I just HATE the heat...always have. I'm a polar bear. I have always preferred it cooler. Fall was always my favorite time of the year up North because that meant snow and snow means skiing (I worked as a volunteer ski patroller for abou 7 years).

Heck, I haven't even broken out a jacket yet this year much less a sweat shirt. I have, however, worn a long sleeve t-shirt (with shorts) to a couple of my son's fall baseball games.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:20 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,502,391 times
LoveBoating doesn't like old age.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:40 AM

1,071 posts, read 2,896,725 times
After 20 years in Michigan, I hate being cold! I hope my weatherman Tim is wrong about this lasting more than a couple days. I may have to force myself to turn the heat on. Weeklong cold isn't supposed to arrive here until January!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville