Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 08:53 AM

530 posts, read 1,460,557 times

Advertisements

Wow talk about people with very little knowledge, leaves do fall here and they also change color. It may not be as dramatic as the northern areas, but what were you expecting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 09:01 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
Toughen up! I live in MA and it's a beautiful 55 here on the Cape today and I'm wearing croppies and sandals and loving the fresh airy feel this day provides.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:30 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith-n-Jax View Post
Wow talk about people with very little knowledge, leaves do fall here and they also change color. It may not be as dramatic as the northern areas, but what were you expecting.
Definitely.

And one year when we were living on the Gulf, the leaves actually got very, dramatically red. They said it was because it had been a dry summer?

Loveboating, like you, I moved here from Colorado, and never took allergy meds before coming here.
Every place seems to be a trade-off. San Diego has a *freezing* ocean.

Anyway, I love the brisk weather. We took the boat over to Cumberland Island (http://www.flickr.com/photos/74867308@N00/6272908946/in/photostream/ - broken link) yesterday and had a splendid time.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:35 PM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times
Our 20' Cuddy has a starter problem that we are getting fixed, hopefully this coming week........or we'd been at the Landing "partying our butts off"!
By the way, nice video! Looks like your dogs had a blast in surf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Definitely.

And one year when we were living on the Gulf, the leaves actually got very, dramatically red. They said it was because it had been a dry summer?

Loveboating, like you, I moved here from Colorado, and never took allergy meds before coming here.
Every place seems to be a trade-off. San Diego has a *freezing* ocean.

Anyway, I love the brisk weather. We took the boat over to Cumberland Island (http://www.flickr.com/photos/74867308@N00/6272908946/in/photostream/ - broken link) yesterday and had a splendid time.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:37 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,506,210 times
My allergies act up big time in Memphis and Charlotte, but they don't here. Weird

Old 10-23-2011, 06:43 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,883,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandtimect View Post
Six months of hot, humid weather was much harder to take than I thought. Call me a romantic, but I miss the beauty of falling snow, making snow angels and throwing snowballs, gorgeous changing colors of the trees, the sound of crunching leaves beneath my feet, budding flowers on trees in the spring, looking outside at rolling hills, apple picking, a cozy fireplace, bundling up in cozy winter sweaters, etc.
Six months of hot and humid weather? We certainly didn't have that this year. I mean, it didn't get hot until mid-June and it's been cooler for the last two (or more) weeks.

And, honestly, it wasn't all that humid...at least not as bad as I expected (this is my first year here, too). Gets MUCH more humid in NJ than what we had although I understand this summer wasn't as bad as usual on the humidity side.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:41 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,506,210 times
Cooler weather did seem to come earlier this year.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:07 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,850 times
This summer was relatively mild compared to most. And way less humid than any in recent memory, probably due to the drought that we went through this year.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:23 AM

623 posts, read 965,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
Toughen up! I live in MA and it's a beautiful 55 here on the Cape today and I'm wearing croppies and sandals and loving the fresh airy feel this day provides.
Thats funny you were saying the same thing about Florida now its Mass.------ 10-28-2006, 03:46 PM
ipoetry
befriend
1,665 posts, read 381,261 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC
This question isn't for people who have lived there all of their lives and suffered the invasion over the last 30 years. This question is for people who chosing to move there now from someplace else.

What's so great about Florida, anyway?

The way I see it, you got horrible heat so that you don't go outside of your homes at certain times of the day on certain days of the year

You don't have to shovel or rake heat. You just put on your bikini and sit by your pool or in your air-conditioned house and enjoy your tropical drink of choice. So this winter while you're layering clothes over your longjohns and pulling on your galoshes to shovel out your car maybe you'll think of Florida in a new light with it's sky so clear and blue they should name a crayola crayon after it. And when you get your heating bill you can think of Florida with it's winter breezes gently blowing through our patios and our opened windows, the air so fragrant they should name a perfume after it.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:42 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,490,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandtimect View Post
Six months of hot, humid weather was much harder to take than I thought. Call me a romantic, but I miss the beauty of falling snow, making snow angels and throwing snowballs, gorgeous changing colors of the trees, the sound of crunching leaves beneath my feet, budding flowers on trees in the spring, looking outside at rolling hills, apple picking, a cozy fireplace, bundling up in cozy winter sweaters, etc.
We have a lot of trees that drop leaves. Anytime you feel homesick - you are welcome to come over to my house and rake them up . Robyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville