Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2011, 10:36 AM

8,956 posts, read 20,382,577 times

Advertisements

Totally AGREE!! Have to also rep you for this statement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteU View Post
Except it is way too dry there. Every year there is the threat of brush fires in the San Diego-So Cal region. Give me humidity any day!

That and the ocean is ridiculously cold in So Cal.

Although I will say either warm and humid (Florida) or warm and dry (So Cal) beats the pants off of cold and anything any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 10:51 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,513,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteU View Post
Except it is way too dry there. Every year there is the threat of brush fires in the San Diego-So Cal region. Give me humidity any day!

That and the ocean is ridiculously cold in So Cal.

Although I will say either warm and humid (Florida) or warm and dry (So Cal) beats the pants off of cold and anything any day.
Hmmm!!! It's hot and humid here, but yet we also have had massive brushfire epidemics. This year was particularly bad, probably due the the drought like conditions. I have never lived in SoCal so can't really comment on the conditions there, but assume it's also drought related there as well.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:11 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,503,827 times
We took a walk down at the JAX Beach pier after lunch today. It wasn't particularly cold - but the surf was wild (the lady who works at the pier says it was the worst she's seen since Hurricane Fay). So wild there wasn't a single surfer out there! Robyn

Old 11-06-2011, 06:10 PM

870 posts, read 2,181,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
What I will say is, "that understanding will come when the age of 55 or higher hits, but til then......." That is the age it hit me!
I am 57, and this weather does not bother me in the least. I enjoy the change of weather. I had a nice run yesterday morning. It was a much better time than in September!

Old 11-07-2011, 06:25 AM

Perhaps you haven't had the surgeries that we've had! I can't run due to my hip replacement and wife can't due to asthma. You're fortunate that you can run!
Anyway, cool weather is much better to walk/run in the hot/humid is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagFan27 View Post
I am 57, and this weather does not bother me in the least. I enjoy the change of weather. I had a nice run yesterday morning. It was a much better time than in September!

Old 11-07-2011, 06:49 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,510,160 times
this thread has become gayer than Wales.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:54 AM

Again, what are you talkin about......"gayer than Wales"????

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
this thread has become gayer than Wales.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:07 AM

For some of us it's plainly NOT nice!! The normal daytime temp was some 10 to 15 degrees BELOW normal, extremely cloudy and very windy!

There are people here in Jax that love the change to cooler weather, then there are those that don't. I have friends living in northeastern Indiana that are already complaining about the cold there and the snow that will eventually come. They choose to stay due to family in the area. We choose to stay here due to my wife's job AND because we like Jax, but when this time of year hits, the weather can get cooler than we do like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
CAn we just agree this is nice and move on?

Old 11-07-2011, 08:12 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,513,826 times
I am 57 also and the cold doesn't seem to bother me too much..yet! But what does bother me is damp rainy days like today. Days like today play havoc with my knees and legs, but thats what 18 knee and leg operations will do to a body.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:19 AM

I don't feel any achiness/pain today, but when the daytime high is 10 plus degrees colder than normal......wife and I feel it! This coming Friday, with a high of 64 will most likely be "achy" for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
I am 57 also and the cold doesn't seem to bother me too much..yet! But what does bother me is damp rainy days like today. Days like today play havoc with my knees and legs, but thats what 18 knee and leg operations will do to a body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville