Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 02:09 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,542,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewthedru View Post
it's pretty hard to believe they don't know what it was. what are the possibilities? 1-gas. 2-explosives. 3-?
Strange things happen. Also, if criminal behavior is suspected, they may know the cause but are being tight-lipped until a suspect(s) is identified and arrested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 04:28 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,081,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewthedru View Post
it's pretty hard to believe they don't know what it was. what are the possibilities? 1-gas. 2-explosives. 3-?
According to some, a Hellfire missile attack. I kid you not.

Massive Explosion Reported After CIA Drone Targets Indianapolis

This is followed by the thought that it was mechanical failure and crash of a Predator UAV that just happened to be carrying a missile or two.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:07 PM

23,229 posts, read 29,071,258 times
Natural gas gives me the creeps! I'm so afraid of living near a gas line, I researched my next move, and moved into a townhouse complex which is all electric! No gas lines!

If this is related to a gas line, how many people will sleep a little less at nights, worrying about something like this happening in their neighborhood!

And the emotional impact of those affected by this, is incalculable!

Old 11-13-2012, 07:29 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,862,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Strange things happen. Also, if criminal behavior is suspected, they may know the cause but are being tight-lipped until a suspect(s) is identified and arrested.
On the news it was mentioned that the the"ground zero" homeowner had filed bankruptcy, and that the home had been for sale for over a year and recently taken off the market. The family members were out of town when the explosion occurred.

They even referred to the disaster area as a crime scene. This sounds like they might suspect criminal intent.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:06 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,273,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Natural gas gives me the creeps! I'm so afraid of living near a gas line, I researched my next move, and moved into a townhouse complex which is all electric! No gas lines!
How do you even get in a car??

Old 11-14-2012, 06:35 PM

406 posts, read 1,039,953 times
Update on home damage:

Explosion damage more widespread than first thought

I don't think they will ever find the cause and it'll turn into one of those conspiracy theories...there may be a documentary about it in a couple of years

Experts: Even with probe narrowed, finding cause of Indianapolis explosion could take time

Old 11-14-2012, 07:21 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,862,830 times
Does anyone else think it is strange that the homeowner of the ground zero house wouldn't speak about it until she was in her lawyer's office?

Old 11-15-2012, 02:48 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,081,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Does anyone else think it is strange that the homeowner of the ground zero house wouldn't speak about it until she was in her lawyer's office?
Yes and no. First off, I just looked up the attorney. Criminal defense seems to be his primary practice area. Someone had told me before they didn't know what type of attorney she had, that maybe it was just the divorce lawyer they were asking for guidance. That being said, getting a criminal defense attorney is very smart. Unfortunately we have had such things as malicious prosecutions in this country, and sometimes law enforcement and/or the local prosecutor may want someone to be held accountable in some fashion, even if really something was truly a freak accident. I don't think getting a criminal defense attorney is strange at all. In fact, it is exactly what I would have done and would advise others to do as well. Also, make sure you hire a very good defense attorney. It may cost you a few grand up front for not much work, but it is well worth it.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:35 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,360,903 times
The way I understood it from a couple of news sources is that because two people died, and they don't yet know the cause, it is "normal" that is is being looked at as a criminal investigation; kind of covering their behinds in case later evidence indicates a crime was committed. The authorities are not saying a crime was committed, but that they don't know if a crime was committed so they must investigate that possibility also.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:45 AM

8,983 posts, read 17,305,883 times
^^^^^^^^ What they said. Anytime the police are involved in something like this, you should never talk to them or anyone without an attorney; regardless of whether you think you did something wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis