Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 09:01 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,447,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Liberal conundrum, clearly immigration has historically posed a conundrum for liberals and conservatives alike.

Anyway...

1. Liberals are no for illegal immigration.
It's not necessarily liberals or consevatives that care about illegal immigrants, it's democratic politicians that care about how all the automatic votes they stand to gain if they can figure out how to allow them to all become citzens so they can vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 09:02 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,150,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Wrong.

This law in particular is unconstitutional because it is in direct opposition to the tenets of the Fourth Amendment, which deals with the right of individuals to be free from illegal (that word again) search and seizure. This means there must be just cause and due process, not simply "Driving While Brown Where An Arizona Jackboot Can See You".

You would do well to read your Constitution before you try to water down the thread and fill it with straw men. Such posts make you look uninformed.
Why are there so many people who only support our Constitution when it applies to them?

Old 04-24-2010, 09:03 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,853,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Fearful people allow personal anecdotes to rule them (and then others, by extension). I am sorry for your friend (if the story isn't just made up or one you're just tying your wagon to and have no real association with -- this is the internet, after all), but that doesn't mean we start walking all over the 4th amendment. It's funny how some people "care" so much about the Constitution unless they have some personal grudge or some such issue.

I made a mental note that you felt you needed to reveal the skin color of the assailants. I find that... interesting.
I see. So multi culturalism is racism just because it's being discussed in terms of cultures clashing? Yep, you must be a racist.

Mocking my family friend is exceptionally slimy. It's clear we've nothing meaningful left to exchange. I heart goddess ignora.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Why are there so many people who only support our Constitution when it applies to them?
Pardon, just because you failed to prove your case that this violates civil rights doesn't mean I don't support our constitution. Please articulate your case better.

61,254 posts, read 87,887,246 times
your point being that with a 12% unemployed--- 20 million illegal mexican people looking for work here is a great idea? the reason that state and local do these laws is that the federal government refuses to enforece immigration law. yes they refuse, that is how you get reelected.

2,553 posts, read 2,447,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Are these legal or illegal immigrants that left? If this was a national policy then wouldn't have left if they were legal...
Actually, legal or illegal, it doesn't mean they left the country...it just means they left town.

27,624 posts, read 21,250,728 times
What I find very interesting is that when most people are up in arms about illegal immigration they are referring to Mexicans or some other Latino influx and I am seeing firsthand what unrestrained Russian immigration, be it legal or otherwise, can do to drain our systems. Is anyone else on this thread witnessing this in their city?

Old 04-24-2010, 09:14 PM

It's not as if this trend is new folks, it's just getting chronically unreported.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/long-...kept-news.html

Old 04-24-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
your point being that with a 12% unemployed--- 20 million illegal mexican people looking for work here is a great idea? the reason that state and local do these laws is that the federal government refuses to enforece immigration law. yes they refuse, that is how you get reelected.
I find it no small accident this thread began it's premise based on economic advantages. Economics with selective attention is more like it-- that's the very thing hobbling these politicians trying to appease special interests in commerce. They have to eat their vegetables just like we do, no more twinkies.

Long view: illegals are bad for everyone (even the illegals themselves) and they don't want to believe it until it blows up in their faces.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:20 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,451,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I see. So multi culturalism is racism just because it's being discussed in terms of cultures clashing? Yep, you must be a racist.

Mocking my family friend is exceptionally slimy. It's clear we've nothing meaningful left to exchange. I heart goddess ignora.
I didn't mock your friend, I said I am sorry for them but I included a disclaimer that I take such claims with a healthy dose of salt, because too many people say whatever they feel will win the argument when they are anonymous. That said, I still gave you the benefit of the doubt - I just attached a caveat.

Meaningful? You've said nothing meaningful yet. You've used a personal anecdote about an event on LawnGuyLand to justify attempts to guilt-trip people who don't agree with you about this AZ law and how the 4th amendment applies to it. Not only that, it was Americans who did the crime that you're on about. You make very little sense on this issue and I normally agree with your posts, but you don't seem to be able to see the forest for the trees here, because you're blinding yourself with your personal anecdote. Pavlov rang your bell good.

Oh and -- you're the one who started up with the generalizations and insults. Sorry you can't handle the mirror! See ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration