Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 12:51 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,762,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
That's really the message being pounded into everyone here.

Just keep in mind, hispanic people are strong willed and fight back. It won't be easy to give those looks of disgust at us, just a warning to all if you take racism to the streets, expect full retaliation. Be very careful about what you do personally with the generalizations taught on this and other forums. Keep it in perspective, most hispanic people are very civilized, nice, pay taxes, work like everyone else here in the US.
Rep points if I could give them.

This is a great reply to all those people basically saying, "join us, or else".
Keep in mind, he wasnt making a threat. This is in response to many of your own prophecies of there being a bad situation for Latinos if we don't devote ourselves to your way of thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 12:55 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,762,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Mach50: all the more reason for Americans of putative 'Hispanic' heritage to stand up to the illegals (the cold reality being that most are Mestizo) and run 'em out of the USA due to the latters' presence besmirching the rep of the former.

And several of us here have opined that things may become ugly against any individual with a tan/light brown skin tone--------no matter their race/ethnicity.

You cant strong-arm people into changing their beliefs or opinions using fear of violence.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:07 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,764,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Rep points if I could give them.

This is a great reply to all those people basically saying, "join us, or else".
Keep in mind, he wasnt making a threat. This is in response to many of your own prophecies of there being a bad situation for Latinos if we don't devote ourselves to your way of thinking.
Instead, they accuse mach of making threats towards them.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:13 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,764,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I certainly hope I’m mistaken, but I do believe that sounds like a threat. The legal citizens of this country WILL NOT be intimidated by illegal aliens and their supporters. This is still OUR country, and we will not sit idly by and allow our country to be destroyed by ingrate interlopers.

I am well aware of the fact that the vast majority of LEGAL ‘Hispanics’ in this country are decent. My issue is not with legal Hispanics. However, by refusing to denounce this invasion, legal Hispanics have linked themselves with illegals.
Are you kidding me? If what he said sounded like a threat to you, then what about what you wrote?
Quote:

The time is now to take a stand. I realize you have every right to remain 'neutral' but very soon the fence-sitting must end. Our country will collapse if we don't resolve this escalating illegal alien threat. If you are ‘Hispanic’ and do not fit the stereotypical image, you probably have little to fear. However, if you or your family members ‘look’ Hispanic, life may become rather challenging

What you wrote sure sounds like a threat to me. Mach50 was just responding to it.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:34 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,211,406 times
Listen and listen well, pro illegal folks:

I jst saw online that the economy is tanking further and if is become a choice of firing Americans or tossing out illegals----------the latter will receive the axe.

Retail sales fall for first time in five months - Stocks & economy - MSNBC.com

Better they leave peacebly or be forceably deported.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:56 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,600,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Are you kidding me? If what he said sounded like a threat to you, then what about what you wrote?

What you wrote sure sounds like a threat to me. Mach50 was just responding to it.
Blacknight, there is no doubt that as more and more Americans are tossed aside in favor of illegal alien scabs, anger and violence WILL increase. To think otherwise is absolute folly. Personally, I'm afraid for those legal Hispanics who may get caught up in the crossfire. We either reverse the situation now or pay the price for our stupidity in the NEAR future.

It's NOT going to be pretty...

Old 08-13-2008, 08:16 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,211,406 times
Quote:
You cant strong-arm people into changing their beliefs or opinions using fear of violence.
Explain that to Mach50 to which I quoted-----------he was called out numerous times on this board with his implied threat.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:23 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,538,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Explain that to Mach50 to which I quoted-----------he was called out numerous times on this board with his implied threat.

It wasn't a threat from me personally, I am not leading a resistance. I am just warning folks not to take this "shock and awe" crap on the board so seriously. Especially threads that are labeled "Are Latinos a threat to the US" there are a lot of guests that just peruse this forum and a title like that really gives off a sensation.

Last edited by Mach50; 08-13-2008 at 08:33 AM..

Old 08-13-2008, 09:13 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,600,700 times
Quote:
No one is trying to “strong-arm” you. It is your prerogative to believe whatever you choose. We are merely ‘warning’ you of impending peril. When meteorologists warn of tornadoes and hurricanes, do you consider it a "strong-arm" tactic, or do you appreciate being given the opportunity to take cover or flee prior to the storm? When it’s sleeting and you see a road sign which reads “Bridges Freeze Before Road Surface” are you offended, or do you heed the warning and take precautions to avoid sliding and a possible collision?

I’m sorry if you consider our ‘warnings’ as being antagonistic threats. You remind me of obstinate residents who refuse to leave their homes, notwithstanding repeated warnings of a Level 4 hurricane. You are free to continue with your macho mindset. Just don’t say you weren’t forewarned.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:17 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,538,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No one is trying to “strong-arm” you. It is your prerogative to believe whatever you choose. We are merely ‘warning’ you of impending peril. When meteorologists warn of tornadoes and hurricanes, do you consider it a "strong-arm" tactic, or do you appreciate being given the opportunity to take cover or flee prior to the storm? When it’s sleeting and you see a road sign which reads “Bridges Freeze Before Road Surface” are you offended, or do you heed the warning and take precautions to avoid sliding and a possible collision?

I’m sorry if you consider our ‘warnings’ as being antagonistic threats. You remind me of obstinate residents who refuse to leave their homes, notwithstanding repeated warnings of a Level 4 hurricane. You are free to continue with your macho mindset. Just don’t say you weren’t forewarned.

So yours was a warning, but you declared my statement a threat?
Also the difference here is that people are not weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration