Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2008, 08:24 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,772,966 times

Advertisements

This answers your question crisp!

Quote:
Another misconception about NCLR is the allegation that we support a “Reconquista,” or the right of Mexico to reclaim land in the southwestern United States. NCLR has not made and does not make any such claim; indeed, such a claim is so far outside of the mainstream of the Latino community that we find it incredible that our critics raise it as an issue. NCLR has never supported and does not endorse the notion of a “Reconquista” or “Aztlán.” Similarly, NCLR’s critics falsely claim that the statement “Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada,” [“For the community everything, outside the community nothing”] is NCLR’s motto. NCLR unequivocally rejects this statement, which is not and has never been the motto of any Latino organization
National Council of La Raza: Reconquista and Segregation (http://www.nclr.org/section/reconquista - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 08:26 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,620,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
The funny thing is that the one time I did speak out against LaRaza publicly I was labeled a "racist" against Latinos, to which I replied that there is no "Latino" race and that I am "Latino," albeit of full Caucasian (white) background. I was told that I wasn't part of "la raza cósmica" (the cosmic race - which refers to mixed white/Amerindian people, and more specifically to the Mexican people of that racial admixture) and that they didn't care if I didn't support their group because I wasn't part of that "race." Granted, this wasn't an official spokesperson that told me this; but rather, a group of Mexican-Americans who claimed to be part of LaRaza. That group certainly does NOT represent Hispanics in this country LET ALONE Hispanics from Latin America.
The time is now to take a stand. I realize you have every right to remain 'neutral' but very soon the fence-sitting must end. Our country will collapse if we don't resolve this escalating illegal alien threat. If you are ‘Hispanic’ and do not fit the stereotypical image, you probably have little to fear. However, if you or your family members ‘look’ Hispanic, life may become rather challenging.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:27 PM

214 posts, read 475,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It’s a pivotal juncture for Legal ‘Hispanics’ in this country. They must take a stand NOW, to hopefully avert widespread violence. I don’t think it can be overemphasized. Before the pro-illegal brigade launches their attack, I am NOT advocating violence. However, I can see the proverbial “handwriting on the wall.”
Well they have sent most of or able bodied off to war and left us with liberals who will not only not fight for us, but will join our enemy . Like our treasonous' imo' leaders have done .

But even worse is the silence of the people who allow it all .

Old 08-12-2008, 08:32 PM

9,962 posts, read 18,561,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The time is now to take a stand. I realize you have every right to remain 'neutral' but very soon the fence-sitting must end. Our country will collapse if we don't resolve this escalating illegal alien threat. If you are ‘Hispanic’ and do not fit the stereotypical image, you probably have little to fear. However, if you or your family members ‘look’ Hispanic, life may become rather challenging.
That's really the message being pounded into everyone here.

Just keep in mind, hispanic people are strong willed and fight back. It won't be easy to give those looks of disgust at us, just a warning to all if you take racism to the streets, expect full retaliation. Be very careful about what you do personally with the generalizations taught on this and other forums. Keep it in perspective, most hispanic people are very civilized, nice, pay taxes, work like everyone else here in the US.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
There are a couple of La razas. There is a radical group out there with that name, but the National Council of La Raza is far from a racist or radical group as some posters on here would like to portray. John McCain and Barack Obama even spoke before them to try to garner their support a few weeks ago.

To hell with both of them ! And any group with the name " The Race " is a racist bunch of lowlifes ,imo. They are beggars who beg and take from our middle class to support their breeding practices , lifestyles and agendas for atzlan far as I see it .

Old 08-12-2008, 08:47 PM

I'm leaving for now , McAmnasty has just proved 'again' his intentions for the nation ,now stooped to blackmaileing us with threats of violence in our cities.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

Just keep in mind, hispanic people are strong willed and fight back. It won't be easy to give those looks of disgust at us, just a warning to all if you take racism to the streets, expect full retaliation. Be very careful about what you do personally with the generalizations taught on this and other forums. Keep it in perspective, most hispanic people are very civilized, nice, pay taxes, work like everyone else here in the US.
I certainly hope I’m mistaken, but I do believe that sounds like a threat. The legal citizens of this country WILL NOT be intimidated by illegal aliens and their supporters. This is still OUR country, and we will not sit idly by and allow our country to be destroyed by ingrate interlopers.

I am well aware of the fact that the vast majority of LEGAL ‘Hispanics’ in this country are decent. My issue is not with legal Hispanics. However, by refusing to denounce this invasion, legal Hispanics have linked themselves with illegals.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:06 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,599,207 times
Quote:

No one would argue your point. Action against Hispanics will engender full retaliation, just as you say. This, in turn, will cause RE-retaliation, and so on. I've been ridiculed and 'scolded' for bringing up the term 'balkanization'...but that's precisely what you're alluding to here. Your culture, to you, is 'special, unique, irreplaceable, and 'the best'...and you'll tolerate NO insults. Problem is, in a balkanized society, a dozen or so OTHER cultures besides yours are EQUALLY 'special, unique, irreplaceable, and 'the best'...and THEIR members are just as determined to tolerate no insults to THEIR culture, as you are about yours.

The Balkans (SE Europe) are not a primitive jungle. They are an area FULL of "very civilized, nice, taxpaying, hardworking people"...just like the ones in your post. Many of them are educated, and a number of them speak several languages. What "did them in" and will no doubt "do them in" repeatedly in the future (as soon as the foreign 'peacekeepers' leave) is their several different cultures, attempting to exist side-by-side in the same space, each culture seeing itself as the 'best', and each one irritated and annoyed at the "others", those neighbors who don't share their culture, yet live right next door. It's a deadly situation, and it's the natural product of 'multiculturalism'. Multiculturalism has never existed for any length of time, and your post illustrates this as well as any other. It doesn't exist, because it can't work....and it can't work because cultures are incompatible. Insult leads to injury, injury leads to murder, and murder leads to cultural meltdown...just as your post warns.

Any society which allows free and unregulated immigration, up to and including ILLEGAL immigration, while demanding nothing of the 'newcomers'..not assimilation, not loyalty, not ANYTHING..is doomed to either disintegrate as a nation...OR to go on living as a tightly-regulated police state. Left to themselves, distinct, jealous, unique, and 'proud' cultures just are not going to exist side-by-side in peace. If you're looking out for 'YOUR people', while I'm looking out for 'MY people', and the guy down the street is looking out for 'HIS people'...then NONE of us are going to be looking out for 'each other'...

I'd recommend a rapid program of assimilation, ASAP....A determined effort to begin seeing ALL of ourselves as "fellow Americans"...and leave the 'ethnic pride' for the holidays...and we just MIGHT survive. Otherwise, probably not...as your post points out....whether you intended to make that point or not.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
No one would argue your point. Action against Hispanics will engender full retaliation, just as you say. This, in turn, will cause RE-retaliation, and so on. I've been ridiculed and 'scolded' for bringing up the term 'balkanization'...but that's precisely what you're alluding to here. Your culture, to you, is 'special, unique, irreplaceable, and 'the best'...and you'll tolerate NO insults. Problem is, in a balkanized society, a dozen or so OTHER cultures besides yours are EQUALLY 'special, unique, irreplaceable, and 'the best'...and THEIR members are just as determined to tolerate no insults to THEIR culture, as you are about yours.

The Balkans (SE Europe) are not a primitive jungle. They are an area FULL of "very civilized, nice, taxpaying, hardworking people"...just like the ones in your post. Many of them are educated, and a number of them speak several languages. What "did them in" and will no doubt "do them in" repeatedly in the future (as soon as the foreign 'peacekeepers' leave) is their several different cultures, attempting to exist side-by-side in the same space, each culture seeing itself as the 'best', and each one irritated and annoyed at the "others", those neighbors who don't share their culture, yet live right next door. It's a deadly situation, and it's the natural product of 'multiculturalism'. Multiculturalism has never existed for any length of time, and your post illustrates this as well as any other. It doesn't exist, because it can't work....and it can't work because cultures are incompatible. Insult leads to injury, injury leads to murder, and murder leads to cultural meltdown...just as your post warns.

Any society which allows free and unregulated immigration, up to and including ILLEGAL immigration, while demanding nothing of the 'newcomers'..not assimilation, not loyalty, not ANYTHING..is doomed to either disintegrate as a nation...OR to go on living as a tightly-regulated police state. Left to themselves, distinct, jealous, unique, and 'proud' cultures just are not going to exist side-by-side in peace. If you're looking out for 'YOUR people', while I'm looking out for 'MY people', and the guy down the street is looking out for 'HIS people'...then NONE of us are going to be looking out for 'each other'...

I'd recommend a rapid program of assimilation, ASAP....A determined effort to begin seeing ALL of ourselves as "fellow Americans"...and leave the 'ethnic pride' for the holidays...and we just MIGHT survive. Otherwise, probably not...as your post points out....whether you intended to make that point or not.
Brilliant post! Your logic has been sorely missed.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:17 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,260,372 times
Quote:

Mach50: all the more reason for Americans of putative 'Hispanic' heritage to stand up to the illegals (the cold reality being that most are Mestizo) and run 'em out of the USA due to the latters' presence besmirching the rep of the former.

And several of us here have opined that things may become ugly against any individual with a tan/light brown skin tone--------no matter their race/ethnicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration