Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2008, 10:03 PM

638 posts, read 1,849,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I have seen posters on here point to fringe extreme aztlan groups and claim most latinos think that way.
I wouldn't know what most Hispanics think. My communication with them ceased when they marched with illegal aliens and waved Mexican flags.

Aztlan and mecha, etc., are not "fringe", no more than la raza is. This is propaganda the politically correct spew to water down the threat they're making against America. Don't believe it, eh?

If Hispanics do not think this way, it's like Muslims who claim to not endorse suicide bombers, honor killings, and the organized crime of Islam, etc., but by their silence, they do endorse it.

Superimposing that argument on Americans re : Bush Co., that all Americans should be suspect of endorsing the activities of the occupant of the White House, as Osama Bin Laden tried with "they all pay taxes", is easily refuted because half of the country is divided against Bush, and there are outspoken voices to count everywhere, some shouting at the top of their lungs. And what American likes paying taxes? Most of us think it's unconstitutional.

Show me Hispanics outspoken against illegal aliens, outspoken against la raza, mecha, atzlan. Show me Hispanics outspoken against this cult mentality of "voting brown", outspoken against "open borders", etc.

I'm up to a headcount of about 8 Hispanics, counting Jose Feliciano.

I may not know what Hispanics think, but I am under the impression, they are Hispanic first, then American. This is exactly like Muslims saying they are Muslim first, then American. If Christians said that, I'd get the hell out of there as fast as I could because I would be surrounded by nazis.

I can't speak for anybody else in this country, but my ancestors came here to be Americans.

Last edited by r601020; 08-02-2008 at 10:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 10:28 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,757,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
It makes perfect sense. Exhibit A: This post. You are whining and falsely accusing me of anti- mexican, anti-latino, and/or anti-hispanic sentiment.

I am fully aware Mexican is NOT a race, which is why I use the terms Mexican illegals/Mexican Nationals.

Some things bare repeating I will say it again: I am anti-illegal immigration. It would be nice if you would remember that and stop pretending that you know what I think or how I feel about legal hispanics. Even you should know there is a difference by now.

Not with you! Do I need to go back on all your posts?

Im sorry if I'm kind of slow, but explain what this means, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Because for those in denial in terms of the negatives outweighing the positives about those of their race, RACE trumps everything.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:07 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,387,238 times
I don't consider La Raza, Mecha or Atzlan as Latino groups. I consider them Mexican-American Groups, Mestizo-Amerindian or Chicano groups for the most part. Their origins are in the US. Their members are mostly US citizen born here or second generation. I have many Latino associates from Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Venezuela, Cuba etc...they don't know much about those groups at all and they care less.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:31 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,681,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
I don't consider La Raza, Mecha or Atzlan as Latino groups. I consider them Mexican-American Groups, Mestizo-Amerindian or Chicano groups for the most part. Their origins are in the US. Their members are mostly US citizen born here or second generation. I have many Latino associates from Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Venezuela, Cuba etc...they don't know much about those groups at all and they care less.
Major brownie points to you for realizing this. La Raza and mecha don't even speak for Mexicans; they speak for a small and vocal faction of Mexican-Americans who are far from representative of what Hispanics in this country think about illegal immigration.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:11 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,483,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Major brownie points to you for realizing this. La Raza and mecha don't even speak for Mexicans; they speak for a small and vocal faction of Mexican-Americans who are far from representative of what Hispanics in this country think about illegal immigration.
Perhaps you can help us out here. If you don't mind.
What do hispanics in this country think about illegal immigration? (to the best of your knowledge)

Old 08-03-2008, 09:13 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,168,352 times
Quote:
Very true; MEHhA would not last too long in Mexico...........unless they are tied with someone with Subcommodante (sp) Marcos

Old 08-03-2008, 09:21 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,681,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Perhaps you can help us out here. If you don't mind.
What do hispanics in this country think about illegal immigration? (to the best of your knowledge)
I have observed no consensus of opinion on this issue from Hispanics in this country. Opinions range from "deport them all" to "amnesty for all" and everything in between. If anything, most Hispanics that I know are anti-illegal. Only a tiny minority of the Hispanics with whom I have come into contact agree with the typical propaganda of Mecha and La Raza.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:35 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,483,077 times
Quote:
I have observed no consensus of opinion on this issue from Hispanics in this country. Opinions range from "deport them all" to "amnesty for all" and everything in between. If anything, most Hispanics that I know are anti-illegal. Only a tiny minority of the Hispanics with whom I have come into contact agree with the typical propaganda of Mecha and La Raza.
Thanks.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:05 AM

31 posts, read 89,350 times
to sum it all up..
they wouldnt be coming here if it was still THEIR land!!!
Ive been through this 1000 times. you cant have your cake and eat it too, guys.
you come here illegally and want FREE everything and play "the victim" crying "racists".

1) Learn English; and knowing "yes and no" isnt enough. pretending like you dont know English is old too. we know that alot of you have a decent command of the English language. its not racism. its RESPECTING THE COUNTRY YOU ARE IN. sorry. unless you like working in McDonalds for the rest of your life. and thats still not gonna help us communicate with you. cuz we arent going to learn Spanish for you. sorry thats not how it works. you are only making life hard on yourselves and US.

2) OBEY our laws and respect your neighbors. we all like to party every now and then. but when your having a party in your garage with the doors open and playing that horrible excuse for "music" at 3am just because your celebrating getting off of work another day, no. you dont do that.

3) let me make myself clear here: there is nothing wrong with being proud of who you are, what you are and where you are from. but when that "pride" starts to become bigger and better than the HOST country of which you are a visitor in, you need to shut your mouth. you dont have "rights" if you are NOT a citizen. what did any of you expect when you marched around in 2006 burning our flags, yelling "si se puede" and calling all of us Americans in our own country, racists and bigots? did you think we'd suddenly "see the light" and say "yeah you guys are right!!" NOT!!!!!!!

there is an old adage: "when in Rome, do as the Romans do".
for those of you with a 4th grade education, and you know who are you, that means, "ser como Americanos, cuando en E.E. U.U.". its not selling out; no matter what your fellow countrymen say. its being responsible and trying to make something of yourselves. and not pissing off the other 7 million of us legal residents of this nation.

DEAL WITH IT.
or Adios......

Old 08-12-2008, 11:45 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,420,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom
Because for those in denial in terms of the negatives outweighing the positives about those of their race, RACE trumps everything.
Please tell me where in this quote you used as an example where I use the word Mexican.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Not with you! Do I need to go back on all your posts?

Im sorry if I'm kind of slow, but explain what this means, please
By all means, please do go back on all of my posts. In the midst of searching, don't forget you are looking for the post where I specifically state that "Mexican is a race".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration