Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 04:19 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times

Advertisements

Heres whats been confusing me on this thread. I haven't really heard anyone say oh good that illegal deserved what he got. So whats the argument about anyway? WE pretty much all agree that those who did the deed deserve to be punished to the max.
Whats left to argue about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 07:50 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,750,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
People who are for something are referred to as pro. I certainly didn’t coin that phrase. If I’m not mistaken, you are in fact “for” illegal immigration. You support and condone them, and vilify opposition. If that doesn’t qualify you as being “pro-illegal” I certainly don’t know what does. Likewise, I am against illegal immigration; which accurately labels me as being anti-illegal.

I have no problem being referred to as anti-illegal. Why do you resent being called pro-illegal? Could it be because you realize you are supporting something that is fundamentally wrong? I wear my badge with honor. Sorry you are ashamed of yours.

There’s a HUGE difference between “legal” and “illegal.” When illegal alien supporters accuse me of being anti-immigrant….it is a lie. I will continue to refute a lie. As a law-abiding citizen, I oppose lawlessness. I’m not surprised you have difficulty acknowledging the fact that you support it.
Didn't you show your support for stopping All forms of immigration for 5 years? I remember you endorsing such a plan in a previous thread, am i right?

Old 07-28-2008, 08:12 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Didn't you show your support for stopping All forms of immigration for 5 years? I remember you endorsing such a plan in a previous thread, am i right?
As I have previously mentioned....we do not have unlimited resources or space to accommodate EVERYONE in the world wishing to make the USA their home. Due to the massive influx of illegal aliens in this country, we are now "overbooked." Unfortunately, due to the selfishness of those who enter our country illegally, the "legal" immigration system must suffer. Had we not been invaded, there would be no need to curtail "legal" immigration.

Yes, based on the estimated 12-20 million interlopers currently in our country, I agree we need to stop all immigration. I'm not sure if I stated 5 years; nevertheless, I do feel immigration must be drastically reduced.

Does that mean I "hate" immigrants? Of course not! Try again.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
As I have previously mentioned....we do not have unlimited resources or space to accommodate EVERYONE in the world wishing to make the USA their home. Due to the massive influx of illegal aliens in this country, we are now "overbooked." Unfortunately, due to the selfishness of those who enter our country illegally, the "legal" immigration system must suffer. Had we not been invaded, there would be no need to curtail "legal" immigration.

Yes, based on the estimated 12-20 million interlopers currently in our country, I agree we need to stop all immigration. I'm not sure if I stated 5 years; nevertheless, I do feel immigration must be drastically reduced.

Does that mean I "hate" immigrants? Of course not! Try again.
You can try to spin it anyway you want to ,but your position of stopping all forms of Legal immigration is not a pro-immigrant position! That is why you qualify to earn the label anti-immigrant. I rest my case.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:57 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,965 times
Advocating for an immigration 'time-out' while we get our house in order is not the same as advocating for a complete and total shutdown of immigration. You can spin it that way if you want, but it really doesn't stand up to scrutiny, BK.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
You can try to spin it anyway you want to ,but your position of stopping all forms of Legal immigration is not a pro-immigrant position! That is why you qualify to earn the label anti-immigrant. I rest my case.
Apparently there is a comprehension deficit preventing you from grasping the concept of limited capacity.

There are limited seats at sports arenas. Let's say the capacity is 15,000. If 20,000 wish to attend the event, 5,000 will not be admitted. Refusal to admit 5,000 is not an act of discrimination; it is simply the result of "limited capacity."

I have the ability to comprehend that the U.S. cannot sustain "unlimited" immigration into this country -- legal or illegal. If you choose to consider that as being anti-immigrant.....be my guest. You're only succeeding at making yourself look deficient.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Advocating for an immigration 'time-out' while we get our house in order is not the same as advocating for a complete and total shutdown of immigration. You can spin it that way if you want, but it really doesn't stand up to scrutiny, BK.
I thought illegal immigration was bad and Legal immigration is good. If that is so, why do you want to put a stop to that which is good? Afterall, your only "beef" is with illegal immigration and illegal immigrants right?

Old 07-28-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Apparently there is a comprehension deficit preventing you from grasping the concept of limited capacity.

There are limited seats at sports arenas. Let's say the capacity is 15,000. If 20,000 wish to attend the event, 5,000 will not be admitted. Refusal to admit 5,000 is not an act of discrimination; it is simply the result of "limited capacity."

I have the ability to comprehend that the U.S. cannot sustain "unlimited" immigration into this country -- legal or illegal. If you choose to consider that as being anti-immigrant.....be my guest. You're only succeeding at making yourself look deficient.
So in other words, you have a problem with legal immigration as it stands now?

Btw, what is your definition of "unlimited" immigration into this country?

Old 07-28-2008, 09:46 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,965 times
Quote:
I thought illegal immigration was bad and Legal immigration is good. If that is so, why do you want to put a stop to that which is good? Afterall, your only "beef" is with illegal immigration and illegal immigrants right?
Legal immigration IS good, when allowed in a controlled manner for the benefit of the receiving country. Right now the numbers are not justified based on that criteria, and I believe the US needs to return to a more limited amount of legal immigration. In other words, pre-1965 numbers and qualifications. The last 40+ years have proven the folly of Swimmer Kennedy's immigration free-for-all.

I also believe that a temporary halt to ALL immigration is necessary to allow our immigration agencies to focus on removing those who don't have permission to be here. That's not anti-immigrant, it's pro-America.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
So in other words, you have a problem with legal immigration as it stands now?

Btw, what is your definition of "unlimited" immigration into this country?
*sigh*

Yes, I have a "problem" due to the MASSIVE number of illegal aliens who have overcrowded our country, thus creating a problem with LEGAL immigration.

Unlimited immigration is what has been occurring in this country thanks to illegal immigration. In other words, come one come all -- there are no "caps" -- there are no "restrictions" there are no "limits."

Still don't understand?

Main Entry: un·lim·it·ed
Pronunciation: \-ˈli-mə-təd\
Function: adjective
Date: 15th century
1 : lacking any controls : unrestricted <unlimited access>
2 : boundless, infinite <unlimited possibilities>
3 : not bounded by exceptions : undefined

unlimited - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration