Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 08:08 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,781,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What minor girls hang out at the park at 11 pm ? It is pretty sad how some of you will do or say anything to vilify this guy.

Let's see....who was trying to villify young Jamiel Shaw -- because he had a picture on his myspace page flashing a gang sign? That certainly is a whole lot more minor than some adult man hanging in parks with minor age girls. This "victim" was a child rapist, that much is obvious.

The fact that he also was knocking up an older woman doesn't change a thing. He was with the young girl when he was attacked. Not that people should take the law into their own hands and kill pedophiles, but there was more to this story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 08:27 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,758,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Let's see....who was trying to villify young Jamiel Shaw -- because he had a picture on his myspace page flashing a gang sign? That certainly is a whole lot more minor than some adult man hanging in parks with minor age girls. This "victim" was a child rapist, that much is obvious.

The fact that he also was knocking up an older woman doesn't change a thing. He was with the young girl when he was attacked. Not that people should take the law into their own hands and kill pedophiles, but there was more to this story.
Oh I see. This is payback, huh?

THIS IS NOT GANG RELATED!

The victim was not in a gang, the killers were not in a gang, and nobody claimed to be in a gang.

This is NOTHING like the murder of Jamiel Shaw, except for one of the parties involved being an illegal immigrant.

Dont forget who the victim is in this case.

The victim being a child rapist, that much being obvious? Youre talking out of your as s.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:35 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,781,705 times
Jamiel Shaw was an innocent American kid living in his own country. He had not broken the laws of any foreign nation, he was not living illegally in some country he had no rights to be in.

Face it, you people believe it was perfectly fine for an illegal from Mexico to kill Shaw, and tried to justify that killing over a myspace page that meant nothing, you never even proved that the illegal accessed the internet to see the so-called evidence of gang behavior on the myspace page.

Even though Shaw was in his own country, in his own neighborhood right where he belonged, it was fine for an illegal foreigner to kill him.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Jamiel Shaw was an innocent American kid living in his own country. He had not broken the laws of any foreign nation, he was not living illegally in some country he had no rights to be in.

Face it, you people believe it was perfectly fine for an illegal from Mexico to kill Shaw, and tried to justify that killing over a myspace page that meant nothing, you never even proved that the illegal accessed the internet to see the so-called evidence of gang behavior on the myspace page.

Even though Shaw was in his own country, in his own neighborhood right where he belonged, it was fine for an illegal foreigner to kill him.
Have you been snacking on paint chips off an abandoned building??

NOBODY claimed that Espinoza was justifed in killing shaw.
Or that he saw Shaw's page.

People did argue that the killing was not race related as claimed in the beginning.
Shaw DID portray himself as a Blood which was a rival gang of Espinoza's gang.

He was walking in a gang neighborhood, portraying himself as a member of the local gang.

Shaw made a mistake that got him killed. Nobody said it was "okay". I dont know whats with you guys having to put words in people's mouths to argue with them. Can't you argue with stuff ACTUALLY being said?

Portray yourself as a member of a gang, and the rivals of that gang are going to want to kill you.

THIS case is dfferent.

The only thing Luis Ramirez portrayed himself as was a Mexican, and apparently in that town, thats enough to get people to want to kill you.

Dont BS about these kids being noble and killing a "child rapist".
They weren't shouting out "child molester" or "child rapist". They were shouting out "MEXICAN".
When you make those claims, youre basing it on hearsay. Hearsay on the internet, not even from the actually news story!
Lets just speak about what we know is real. A Mexican was murdered by a gang of white teens yelling ethnic/racial epithets.

Choose your battles. It doesn't look good defending a racist lynch mob.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:11 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,757,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
It's disgusting. I don't know whats wrong with these people. I think deep down inside, theres a couple people in here who think these kids did a good thing.
Making it more acceptable by claiming the guy was a pedophile.

I still strongly believe this was a racist murder.
I found this quote from the anti-immigrant group Alipac's website.

Quote:
HATE to admit it, but my FIRST reaction was that I simply could NOT bring myself to feel ANY sympathy for the victim in THIS case because he was an ILLEGAL!

Old 07-26-2008, 09:17 PM

8,725 posts, read 7,429,985 times
There is no excuse for this.

This is a criminal act, it does not matter who it is.

These people selected a target for their criminal actions, it just happen to be this guy but it could have been anyone else with any made up hate/political cause behind it as justification.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I found this quote from the anti-immigrant group Alipac's website.
There you go. To some people, citizenship status trumps humanity.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:35 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,498,929 times
That is nauseating.

Quote:
HATE to admit it, but my FIRST reaction was that I simply could NOT bring myself to feel ANY sympathy for the victim in THIS case because he was an ILLEGAL!

Old 07-27-2008, 09:02 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,571,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
There you go. To some people, citizenship status trumps humanity.
Sadly, that's true. And for other people, ethnicity trumps citizenship. So what do you we do?....

Old 07-27-2008, 01:59 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,932,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Sadly, that's true. And for other people, ethnicity trumps citizenship. So what do you we do?....
So very true and that seems to be the case for many in this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration