Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2011, 03:30 PM

234 posts, read 242,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
I feel that girl should have claimed either Native American or Mestiza as race instead of White. Look at her phenotype, does she look mostly European to you ?
That girl would more correctly be typed as a Morena. Morena is used to describe Latinas who are tanned/dark (i.e., dark hair-brunette, dark eyes, dark skin) in varying degrees. Used in contrast to Gringa or Guedo for a White Latina, Negra for a Black Latina. but this is just Spanish lingo for those types. It's not official Census talk. Maybe she should have claimed Hispanic of mix races if that option is available.

Anyhow do you fell that whites are only inclusive to Western Eurocentric features? I understand that many of the middle eastern looking people are classified as white also yet they don't have that authentic Western European look.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:33 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,882,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
A person who is a 7th generation American that advocates for illegal aliens just proves my point about non-assimilation even after all those years.

+1 Sorry I can't rep you again but what you said is on target.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:34 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,389,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Please show me where I have demonstrated that I am monolingual? You may be very surprised to learn who I am. I am not forced to dialogue with you or anyone but if I chose for people to understand me in this country I will speak English.

Your attitude suggests that citizens of the US best get their house in order and start learning Spanish because the invasion is inevitable. We will see....won't we. Many Americans don't take to being threatened on their own soil.
And this attitude is coming from a 7th generation American?

Old 03-31-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
You've yet to demonstrate a level of linguistic ability beyond English. No worries though because according to you, everyone should speak English in the USA to appease your demands.

Have you bothered to look at the 2010 updates to the U.S. Census? 1 in every 6 Americans are Hispanic. Hispanic like to speak Spanish.

You don't have to learn Spanish. I was simply noting a fact that Spanish is growing in the U.S.A.
Are you not aware that illegals are counted in the census? As I said, the growing Hispanic community and increased usage of the Spanish language is directly due to illegal immigration and are you as a 7th generation American ok with that?

Old 03-31-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
And this attitude is coming from a 7th generation American?

Or so he says!!!!

Old 03-31-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
As far as I know, the US 2010 census would not accept Aztec or Mayan as a race option. But I guess we could reutrn to other acient civiliazations for clarification...lets bring back Mesopotamians, Babylonians, and Incans.
How about "other" that is one of the race choices.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:47 PM

234 posts, read 242,975 times
Quote:
And as I asked you would it be racist for Mexicans in Mexico to object to millions of Chinese invading their country and thereby shifting the demographics, culture and langauge of their country? How about China, Italy, Spain, etc.?
America at one time was a Native American speaking language continent and over time in the southwest is became predominately Spanish speaking region, along the Mississippi delta it was a French speaking region, and on the east coast it began to become an English speaking Nation, now America has remained very constant with being a multi-lingual Nation with Spanish & English being at the forefront. This is something that doesn't occur over night. It takes decades.

Quote:
Yes, it can be stopped by securing our borders and deporting as many illegal aliens in this country as possible. The only reason that Hispanics and the Spanish language is growing by leaps and bounds is because of illegal immigration and you're ok with that unnatural and unlawful phenomenum?
Ok so the borders get sealed and you deport 10 million illegals. You still have 50 million Hispanics who like to speak Spanish. What are you going to do to them? Make more laws that infringe on their liberty & freedom to speak Spanish?

Quote:
I wonder how Mexicans would like having to learn Mandarin and having the Mestizo race diluted via illegal immigration. Let's not be a hypocrite here!
Again you're doing the mock situations to try & prove a mythological point for what? We're dealing with the language(s) in America not anywhere else.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
That girl would more correctly be typed as a Morena. Morena is used to describe Latinas who are tanned/dark (i.e., dark hair-brunette, dark eyes, dark skin) in varying degrees. Used in contrast to Gringa or Guedo for a White Latina, Negra for a Black Latina. but this is just Spanish lingo for those types. It's not official Census talk. Maybe she should have claimed Hispanic of mix races if that option is available.

Anyhow do you fell that whites are only inclusive to Western Eurocentric features? I understand that many of the middle eastern looking people are classified as white also yet they don't have that authentic Western European look.
Skin color does not necessarily denote what race one is. The question on the census is about race not skin tone. Race is a genetic thing not a skin color that can be attributed to that entire race.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
America at one time was a Native American speaking language continent and over time in the southwest is became predominately Spanish speaking region, along the Mississippi delta it was a French speaking region, and on the east coast it began to become an English speaking Nation, now America has remained very constant with being a multi-lingual Nation with Spanish & English being at the forefront. This is something that doesn't occur over night. It takes decades.

Ok so the borders get sealed and you deport 10 million illegals. You still have 50 million Hispanics who like to speak Spanish. What are you going to do to them? Make more laws that infringe on their liberty & freedom to speak Spanish?

Again you're doing the mock situations to try & prove a mythological point for what? We're dealing with the language(s) in America not anywhere else.
We are not a multi-lingual country per se. English is our de facto language spoken by the majority. Other langauges spoken are just a minority.

According to the census there are only 50 million Hispanics including the illegal alien type. So no, there wouldn't be 50 million of them remaining if the illegal ones are deported. No one is infringing on their right to speak Spanish. It is a matter of non-assimilation however. It is an indicator about that group. I really don't care what language someone chooses to speak at home.

You don't want to deal with my scenario of millions of Chinese illegals invading Mexico and what the lingual and cultural results would be because that would be admitting a hypocricy. The same applies to all countries. It isn't fair to have ANY country's demographics changed in that manner.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:

Who says they can't speak Spanish? They just shouldn't expect people to understand them. You aren't going to make 5 out of 6 people change to meet your demands. Logic??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration