Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2011, 03:05 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,350,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
You seem hellbent on keeping America as a majority white European based Nation. I'm sorry to inform you but America is dynamic & hardly static.

You can close the borders today and it's not going to prevent the current demographic changes going on today in the USA. Hispanics & the Spanish language will continue to grow. Nobody can stop this, nobody.
And as I asked you would it be racist for Mexicans in Mexico to object to millions of Chinese invading their country and thereby shifting the demographics, culture and langauge of their country? How about China, Italy, Spain, etc.? Yes, it can be stopped by securing our borders and deporting as many illegal aliens in this country as possible. The only reason that Hispanics and the Spanish language is growing by leaps and bounds is because of illegal immigration and you're ok with that unnatural and unlawful phenomenum? I wonder how Mexicans would like having to learn Mandarin and having the Mestizo race diluted via illegal immigration. Let's not be a hypocrite here!

Old 03-31-2011, 03:09 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,878,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
It seems as if part of the newly hired pro illegal posting force has been instructed to go with "it's going to happen...so get over it". What a way to make new friends and meet new people,LMAO. The pushier they get the stronger citizens will fight back IMO.
Yeah.

There's a right way to go about it and a wrong way.

The right way might be something like: hi, we'll learn English, America is a great nation and we can help make it better. Here. Try our delicious food and watch as we pay taxes and help create jobs.

Instead we get the wrong way: listen you lazy, stupid, arrogant Americans. We're here. As a result you need to speak Spanish and be grateful. If you don't you're racists and you suck.

The idiots at The Race don't seem to get this. If you're going to come to someone's home you act politely and respectfully. You don't make demands and start name calling.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Then improve border security. Wait, you can't, you don't have the political whim to do so as demonstrated by the repeated failure of both the Republican & Democratic Parties.

Do I see a 3rd party on the horizon?
Who is "we"? The American people want our borders secured and for illegals to be deported. We are quite aware of the traitors currently in congress but they will either get the boot or replaced by a government for a secure America for Americans or things are going to get real nasty.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Native American {Amerindian race} and Spaniards [White race} gives offspring with both characteristics. Some offspring look more white while other look more Amerindian. Sometimes they can look like both.

So do you stand your ground that white-Hispanics are not socially accepted as being white to you even though they're part white?

If you want to say they're not white just say it, don't try to be politically correct with me, it's no sweat off my back.
No one is saying that they aren't "part" white. But since they are mixed they should check "other" on the census on the race question, not just white. It has nothing to do with skin tone but genetics.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:20 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,875,501 times
Quote:
You've yet to demonstrate a level of linguistic ability beyond English. No worries though because according to you, everyone should speak English in the USA to appease your demands.

Have you bothered to look at the 2010 updates to the U.S. Census? 1 in every 6 Americans are Hispanic. Hispanic like to speak Spanish.

You don't have to learn Spanish. I was simply noting a fact that Spanish is growing in the U.S.A.

I am on an English speaking board...the TOS indicates that. I have nothing to prove to you. Yes, I've seen the census...

And yes, I expect people coming to this country to speak English. That is what is taught in the schools that are educating all the illegals at my expense.

One in six are Hispanic. Yes, so what is your point? That because a minority is growing in my country they will be able to dictate? Do you really believe that the five out of six will kowtow to your demands? Isn't that a trifle arrogant?

When I am in Mexico I'm suprised at how many in the tourist areas know English. I am however prepared to communicate in Spanish if need be. The people there seem very pleased at that. I guess they are the intelligent ones that Mexico will hold on to. They are wonderful people and I have helped several get an education in their country. Too bad I subsidize so many here that chose not to graduate or utilize their knowledge.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:23 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,875,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Yeah.

There's a right way to go about it and a wrong way.

The right way might be something like: hi, we'll learn English, America is a great nation and we can help make it better. Here. Try our delicious food and watch as we pay taxes and help create jobs.

Instead we get the wrong way: listen you lazy, stupid, arrogant Americans. We're here. As a result you need to speak Spanish and be grateful. If you don't you're racists and you suck.

The idiots at The Race don't seem to get this. If you're going to come to someone's home you act politely and respectfully. You don't make demands and start name calling.

LaRaza is just something else. I can't believe anyone would listen to their race baiting rhetoric. Makes me sick.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Translation:

You cannot back up your claim!

Here is an article in the NCLR website claiming that being opposed to illegal immigration is akin to being anti"immigrant" (a big fat lie) and anti-Latino. Those are both smears and lies of the anti-illegal immigration movement. I saw Janet Murguia on Lou Dobbs several times before he left CNN and she often infered that not wanting amnesty for illegal aliens is based on racism.

Aside from the NCLR most pro-illegals do call anti-illegals inflamatory names. Maybe it is us that should be demanding that congress put a stop to this smeariing of law abiding Americans.

National Council of La Raza |

Old 03-31-2011, 03:25 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,846,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
I am saying they only check White instead of checking both White and Native American or "Some Other Race". They refuse to ackknowledge their Mayan or Aztec heritage even though it's very obviousy by their phenotype that they don't look 100% Caucasian

There is a Brown skin Mexican girl in that video that said she is White when asked what her race is.
As far as I know, the US 2010 census would not accept Aztec or Mayan as a race option. But I guess we could reutrn to other acient civiliazations for clarification...lets bring back Mesopotamians, Babylonians, and Incans.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I dont know that they do.

Are you saying that they check white while not checking anything for hispanic? or that they are only choosing white, and not their other race?
On the census I don't believe that Hispanic is one of the choices on race. It is a different catagory altogether.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Please read the comment below that you posted to me.

You specifically assumed that I come here to your country, that I broke your laws, and that by me not changing I hold myself back.

I'm sorry but that's stereotyping. I'm a 7th generation natural born American citizen & have two natural born American citizen parents who chooses to speak Spanish also in the USA.

You've demonstrated that you're monolingual therefore myself being bilingual will open a few more doors than it would with you regarding language skills.

That's a simple fact.

Nobody is forcing you to dialogue with me.
A person who is a 7th generation American that advocates for illegal aliens just proves my point about non-assimilation even after all those years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration