Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 10:27 AM

234 posts, read 242,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Respect is earned. How about showing respect for our country by obeying our laws. Note how they attempt to make this a “Latino” issue, when the real issue is massive illegal immigration. I suppose they expect us to give illegal aliens a free pass, simply because the majority of illegals are Latino.

Leftist Group La Raza Demands Congress Sign ‘Pledge for Respect’ for Latinos | The Blaze
Are you suggesting that it's ok to continue the derogatory stereotypes of Latinos simply becuase the majority of illegals are Latino?

Old 03-31-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Either way you slice it LaRaza is nothing more than a bunch of ethnocentric racists trying to push their agenda. It's disgusting...
And the anti-illegal agenda has no ethnocentric agenda yet almost all the info anti-illegals use are from the hands of FAIR, NumbersUSA, CIS, or vdare which in fact has deeply seeded roots with John Tanton a self described white nationalist who claims that to preserve America we much maintain a White European Majority?

But it's just about the illegal immigrants, right?

Old 03-31-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So Latinos are the only ones being demonized in this country? As for the illegal ones who cares? They deserve to be demonized as do all illegal aliens.

This is utterly ridiculous. Hispanic citizens aren't being discriminated against anymore than any other ethnic group in this country. Their constant victim mentality nauseates me. Of course we know this is meant to protect their ethnic kind in this country illegally. They fool no one.
Latinos are the largest minority in the USA so statically speaking, yes they'll be discriminated at a higher level. After all the anti-illegal agenda has gone through great strides to demonize anything Latino in the USA.

Why is it that so many anti-illegals demonize Spanish as an 'Illegal Immigrant" language?

Why is it that so many anti-illegals demonize anchor babies who're in fact US Citizens?

Why is it that so many anti-illegals demonize Latino food, style, and culture to that of something inferior to typical Anglo-American culture [whatever that may be]?

We see it all day.

You see, I can go on and on with the demonizations but I still find it ironic that after so long that you still ignore this manifest proof.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:21 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,646,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
Are you suggesting that it's ok to continue the derogatory stereotypes of Latinos simply becuase the majority of illegals are Latino?
I’m not sure how you interpreted my post as an endorsement of derogatory stereotypes. I most certainly do not condone such. However, the stereotypes were created by groups such as La Raza who refuse to differentiate between Hispanic citizens and Hispanic illegal aliens. According to them, there is no difference. In addition, many Hispanics support illegal aliens, and consider them members of their community. Sorry, but as long as a distinction is not made between legal and illegal, the perception will not change.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:24 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,646,533 times
Quote:
Latinos are the largest minority in the USA so statically speaking, yes they'll be discriminated at a higher level. After all the anti-illegal agenda has gone through great strides to demonize anything Latino in the USA.

Why is it that so many anti-illegals demonize Spanish as an 'Illegal Immigrant" language?

Why is it that so many anti-illegals demonize anchor babies who're in fact US Citizens?

Why is it that so many anti-illegals demonize Latino food, style, and culture to that of something inferior to typical Anglo-American culture [whatever that may be]?

We see it all day.

You see, I can go on and on with the demonizations but I still find it ironic that after so long that you still ignore this manifest proof.
According to the latest census data, over 60% of Hispanics self-identify as white. The last time I checked, white is the majority in this country, not minority. So, please explain how Hispanic is the largest “minority.”

Old 03-31-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I’m not sure how you interpreted my post as an endorsement of derogatory stereotypes. I most certainly do not condone such. However, the stereotypes were created by groups such as La Raza who refuse to differentiate between Hispanic citizens and Hispanic illegal aliens. According to them, there is no difference. In addition, many Hispanics support illegal aliens, and consider them members of their community. Sorry, but as long as a distinction is not made between legal and illegal, the perception will not change.
I have to agree that the Hispanic civil rights groups seem to be merging illegal Hispanics with Hispanic-Americans. It an issue that not even I consider a good move.

Also, Hispanic-Americans who you claim support these people are not supporting the fact that they enter illegally but rather they're using their Constitutional right under the 1st Amendment to the US Constitution to redress & grieve the government to make changes in todays immigration code.

What's going on is Hispanic-Americans are being stereotyped for using their Constitutional rights.

So considering the fact that anti-illegals insist on pontificating these stereotypes toward Hispanic-Americans, you can rest assured that the crap is going to be spring boarded back at those to disseminate the derogatory stereotypes in question.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
According to the latest census data, over 60% of Hispanics self-identify as white. The last time I checked, white is the majority in this country, not minority. So, please explain how Hispanic is the largest “minority.”
Hispanics regardless of race come from or have ancestry from Spanish speaking Nations. America is hardly a Spanish speaking Nation, right? And the majority of English speaking Americans continuously make laws to hold down the proliferation of the Spanish language, right? Simply put, it's a cultural & language differential, not an actual race but rather a difference in ethnicity.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:58 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,882,228 times
Quote:
Hispanics regardless of race come from or have ancestry from Spanish speaking Nations. America is hardly a Spanish speaking Nation, right? And the majority of English speaking Americans continuously make laws to hold down the proliferation of the Spanish language, right? Simply put, it's a cultural & language differential, not an actual race but rather a difference in ethnicity.

Why would America CHANGE their language? You come here because you want to live in THIS country. If not...don't come. You broke laws to come here and say that the US holds YOU back by not changing? Try a little logic, please.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:04 PM

950 posts, read 1,524,544 times
Quote:

You don't seriously believe that 60% of Hispanics in the U.S have Anglo looking phenotypes do you ?

Alot of those 60% who identify themselves as White are as Brown as George Lopez.

Look at this video for example
YouTube - Brown people try to be White: Census 2010 "Hispanics"

Old 03-31-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Why would America CHANGE their language? You come here because you want to live in THIS country. If not...don't come. You broke laws to come here and say that the US holds YOU back by not changing? Try a little logic, please.
I would appreciate if refrain from your stereotype baiting. It serves no purpose.

English is not the official language of the USA, it's the "De Facto" language ONLY. Do you know what "De Facto" means? It's Latin but you choose to linguistically handicap yourself by only understanding one language. A Nations language doesn't change simply by pen & paper law. It changes in the manner that you see today with the demographic changes in the USA. Hispanics are growing in numbers and so is their language. That's something you cannot change.

I'm a 7th generation American that chooses to also speak Spanish. Are you suggesting that I have no right to speak the language of my family in the USA? Also, since I'm bilingual, I have had more opportunities than had I been monolingual like you. Its very depressing that people in America choose to remain phobic to non-English languages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration