Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2019, 07:01 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,778,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
It’s a game changer for Kia. I’ve never heard of Kias selling for over MSRP and selling out of stock before.
Its not the power or gas mileage but the price they’re asking for a well equipped 3 row seating SUV. I can see why people like them.
you've never heard of that? because the stinger did when it first came out. it happens. these lifted minivans will be on a heavy discount once the novelty of being new wears out. I will also add that these 3 row vehicles are worthless unless you have 4+ kids. completely worthless. the 3rd row eats into the 2nd row space, and if you have basically zero cargo space with the 3rd row in place. I imagine most people always have the 3rd row folded down.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:35 PM

7,513 posts, read 7,270,442 times
Sports sedan vs 3 row SUV.

I would expect the Telluride to continue sell at or above retail and demand exceeds supply.

For someone not liking the Telluride, there sure seems to be lots of interest in it. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
you've never heard of that? because the stinger did when it first came out. it happens. these lifted minivans will be on a heavy discount once the novelty of being new wears out. I will also add that these 3 row vehicles are worthless unless you have 4+ kids. completely worthless. the 3rd row eats into the 2nd row space, and if you have basically zero cargo space with the 3rd row in place. I imagine most people always have the 3rd row folded down.

Old 09-03-2019, 04:17 AM

9,613 posts, read 7,001,595 times
Quote:
4 door sports sedans are a dying breed and competion is thinning. Three row SUVs however are in huge demand and competition is pretty intense. People expect large discounts on SUV’s unless the brand has a really good reputation or otherwise a limited high performance model, etc. Kia is usually a “bang for the buck” buy. The fact they are so popular even without any discounts is pretty remarkable.

If you have 4+ kids you need a minivan. Most people have 2 or less these days, making the 3 row SUV very spacious for most families without being so large you can’t park it anywhere. There’s a reason this body style is so popular.

Old 09-03-2019, 12:56 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,270,290 times
I was always a FORD person. Learned that from my grandparents and parents. I would only buy FORD and Mercury until I got tired of the crappy windshields they put it. I bought a Saturn then when I traded, traded for a Hyundai Accent, entry level. That was in 2008 and I keep going back to Hyundai. They are very good cars, never had a problem.

I traded my Hyundai Sonata Sport last month for a Tuscon. No kids, just like the bit extra height and way more storage area. I love it.

My FORD F150 had AWD and I loved it. First time in my life I wasn't "scared" to drive in the Massachusetts snow. I drive very carefully so never had an accident because of snow but psychologically I felt safer. I don't know how anyone can say a FWD is as good as 4WD! Even brand new tires won't make up for 4/AWD. Duh!

My female $.02 worth.

Old 09-03-2019, 04:28 PM

Agree.

Quote:
4 door sports sedans are a dying breed and competion is thinning. Three row SUVs however are in huge demand and competition is pretty intense. People expect large discounts on SUV’s unless the brand has a really good reputation or otherwise a limited high performance model, etc. Kia is usually a “bang for the buck” buy. The fact they are so popular even without any discounts is pretty remarkable.

If you have 4+ kids you need a minivan. Most people have 2 or less these days, making the 3 row SUV very spacious for most families without being so large you can’t park it anywhere. There’s a reason this body style is so popular.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Sports sedan vs 3 row SUV.

I would expect the Telluride to continue sell at or above retail and demand exceeds supply.

For someone not liking the Telluride, there sure seems to be lots of interest in it. Enjoy!
it wasn't "sports sedan vs 3 row SUV." I was simply pointing out the fact that a kia had sold at above MSRP. the new hyundai veloster N was also selling above MSRP when it first came. it happens when the vehicle is new. if you expect the vehicle to sell at and above MSRP, you're not being realistic. it's not a limited production. the raptor sells at or above MSRP. that and the toyota TRD pros. a cookie cutter crossover will never.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:

I disagree. the competition has never been better as far as sedans. have you seen the new accord, or the new camary? those are normally boring cars, and they've made them both great. the 2020 hyundai sonata is looking good, and there's talk of a kia optima GT with AWD and a 300 hp engine. for people who actually enjoy driving, it's a golden age for the sedan. the crossover market is saturated with cookie cutter garbage with slugging engines and bad mpg. the new accord can get to 60 in 5.5 seconds and return 35mpg on the highway. it does all this while having nearly 17 cubic feet of room in the trunk and 40 inches of rear legroom. ya'll can have the mom-mobiles, and I will eat up the sedan discounts if I get another new car soon. why would a 3 row SUV be useful to people with 2 kids or less?

Old 09-03-2019, 06:32 PM

Glad to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I was always a FORD person. Learned that from my grandparents and parents. I would only buy FORD and Mercury until I got tired of the crappy windshields they put it. I bought a Saturn then when I traded, traded for a Hyundai Accent, entry level. That was in 2008 and I keep going back to Hyundai. They are very good cars, never had a problem.

I traded my Hyundai Sonata Sport last month for a Tuscon. No kids, just like the bit extra height and way more storage area. I love it.

Old 09-03-2019, 07:00 PM

9,613 posts, read 7,001,595 times
Quote:
I disagree. the competition has never been better as far as sedans. have you seen the new accord, or the new camary? those are normally boring cars, and they've made them both great. the 2020 hyundai sonata is looking good, and there's talk of a kia optima GT with AWD and a 300 hp engine. for people who actually enjoy driving, it's a golden age for the sedan. the crossover market is saturated with cookie cutter garbage with slugging engines and bad mpg. the new accord can get to 60 in 5.5 seconds and return 35mpg on the highway. it does all this while having nearly 17 cubic feet of room in the trunk and 40 inches of rear legroom. ya'll can have the mom-mobiles, and I will eat up the sedan discounts if I get another new car soon. why would a 3 row SUV be useful to people with 2 kids or less?
Because there is more space and you can tow with it. Grandma and Grandpa can come along for the ride. If you haven’t heard the news sedans are a dying breed. https://www.cbtnews.com/people-arent...edans-anymore/
It doesn’t really matter of you like them or not. Being angry at the Telluride isn’t going to bring them back.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Because there is more space and you can tow with it. Grandma and Grandpa can come along for the ride. If you haven’t heard the news sedans are a dying breed. https://www.cbtnews.com/people-arent...edans-anymore/
It doesn’t really matter of you like them or not. Being angry at the Telluride isn’t going to bring them back.
you don't have to convince me that you need a car that you actually don't need. it's ok. I am not mad at the telluride. I think you missed the entire point of my post and this thread in general. there's nothing groundbreaking about a cookie cutter faux SUV with no power and bad gas mileage. if you want innovation, look at the ford explorer ST. RWD platform and 400hp. at least they are trying. oh, and honda sells more accords and civics than pilots. so the "death of the sedan" is greatly exaggerated. the CRV barely outsold the civic. don't be mad that you were wrong bro. my parents have an A4, and they are grandparents. is everyone cripple all of the sudden? fact is, there will always be a market for vehicles for people who like driving. for those who don't, they can drive vehicles with no power and get 17mpg. but hey, "it sits high."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.