Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 09:03 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,779,324 times

Advertisements

and fyi, the palisade is sitting on the lot here. not selling any of them.

Old 09-03-2019, 09:16 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,635,914 times
In my area, Palisade's are selling from between $1-$4 thousand under msrp. So much for a game changer.

Old 09-04-2019, 05:35 AM

5,487 posts, read 6,140,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Because there is more space and you can tow with it. Grandma and Grandpa can come along for the ride. If you haven’t heard the news sedans are a dying breed. https://www.cbtnews.com/people-arent...edans-anymore/
It doesn’t really matter of you like them or not. Being angry at the Telluride isn’t going to bring them back.
I've noticed with some people, they decide on a particular outcome and stick to it regardless of the proof one might provide.

You presented a concise factual article in an automotive publication about the demise of the sedan. Some people just didn't bother to read it as they are much too preoccupied attempting to swim upstream.

Old 09-04-2019, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
I've noticed with some people, they decide on a particular outcome and stick to it regardless of the proof one might provide.

You presented a concise factual article in an automotive publication about the demise of the sedan. Some people just didn't bother to read it as they are much too preoccupied attempting to swim upstream.
Did you even read the article? Because it states that low fuel prices have contributed a lot to people buying faux SUVs they don't need. If you think fuel prices are going to remain low, you don't know markets. The cost of gasoline is going to go way up, and pretty soon 17 mpg is not going to cut it. And FYI, I came back with factual data that the CR-V barely outsells the Civic and Accord. So that means the #2 and #3 best selling vehicles in Hondas lineup are sedans. The Hyundai Elantra outsells the Palisade by a margin greater than 2:1. So I don't think it's me who does not like facts. And again, back on topic as you all can't seem to do, what is game changing about a cookie cutter crossover with no power and poor fuel economy? That's the basis of this thread and no one has provided an answer. I'm just getting a lot of people getting mad because I've pointed out that their preferences in vehicles are boring.

Old 09-04-2019, 06:46 AM

I think the funniest thing about this entire thread, and sales trends in the automotive industry as a whole, is how easily drones are influenced my marketing and advertising. It's kinda sad honestly.

Old 09-04-2019, 06:51 AM

Still swimming against the current eh?

Old 09-04-2019, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
Still swimming against the current eh?
Didn't like the sales statistics eh? See, in the real world, which still exists, some people prefer driving enjoyment and performance. Until mainstream manufacturers start offering that in their crossovers, the market for sporty sedans will still exist. 125hp in a lifted wagon doesn't cut it for some people.

Old 09-04-2019, 07:44 AM

Just still waiting patiently for someone to explain to me what is game changing about these vehicles. If it's going to turn into a butthurt fest of people trying to justify their automotive choices, perhaps the thread should be closed. I'll ask again, what is game changing about this vehicle, and why was it outsold by the Hyundai Elantra 2:1?

Old 09-04-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
Didn't like the sales statistics eh? See, in the real world, which still exists, some people prefer driving enjoyment and performance. Until mainstream manufacturers start offering that in their crossovers, the market for sporty sedans will still exist. 125hp in a lifted wagon doesn't cut it for some people.
I don't think driving is only about speed and performance. I currently own Elantras, a mid sized SUV, trucks, a z06 and have previously owned many sedans both domestic and foreign, along with several mid 60's "Lucas, the prince of darkness" sport vehicles. I enjoy them all for various reasons.
I'm not sure why anyone would call any current SUV on the market a game changer.
The only reason I could possibly give for the Palisades/Telluride is because they may well be a game changer for their respective manufacturer that hasn't been in this larger SUV market on such an upscale platform to this point.

Pointing specifically to the quoted article, I believe people read what they want to read and take from that article the points that best defend choices and opinions.

Speaking of sporty sedans and SUVs I own a QX50. 325 HP and moderate handling. A friend has a bone stock Miata that handles like a large roller skate. Getting from point A to point B on a certain mountain road here in western NC I simply overpower him on the climb regardless of the twistys. Another friend owns an S2000..... no comparison, the S2000 rules, he also owns a Genesis sedan. It runs neck and neck with the QX50.
Yes, I am a driving enthusiast that admittedly violates the posted speed limit on occasion (not as frequently as my younger years, but once it's in the blood......). That label means I enjoy a variety of vehicles for what they offer, including a segment of the SUV population.

Old 09-04-2019, 09:18 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,170,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
and fyi, the palisade is sitting on the lot here. not selling any of them.
By the looks of that Front End, I dont blame folks for wanting the KIA Instead. They should have given this is Tuscon grill or even the old Santa Fe XL grill and i would look way better. Im guessing a redesign of the Front Grill by summer 2020.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.