Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2021, 04:42 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,131,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
It really pisses me off that so many people who have never been to California think it's so evil. There are Millions of fine, upstanding people in California. Conservatives AND Liberals. Demonizing people - anyone - doesn't solve anything. That's why people need to keep demonizing - it feeds the dopamine high they get from doing it. It's like they don't care about a real solution. Just get that dopamine high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick In Madison View Post
Call me stupid but I don't understand the point you are trying to make.
When we cuss, we feel good. It just feels better to a lot of people. The same goes for talking smack about someone, calling them dogsh-- and who-- etc. Making signs for the yard. Adopting slogans like Let's Go Brandon. Crowd behavior.

How does that solve anything? I don't think these people are really looking for answers to why they are so pissed off. They just like namecalling horrible names, shouting epithets and demonizing the politicians they hate. It's like a sugar high. Dopamine. The brain chemical that makes you feel good. The chemical that is stimulated by anti depressants and recreational drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2021, 04:47 PM

13,350 posts, read 9,884,228 times
Quote:
When we cuss, we feel good. It just feels better to a lot of people. The same goes for talking smack about someone, calling them dogsh-- and who-- etc. Making signs for the yard. Adopting slogans like Let's Go Brandon. Crowd behavior.

How does that solve anything? I don't think these people are really looking for answers to why they are so pissed off. They just like namecalling horrible names, shouting epithets and demonizing the politicians they hate. It's like a sugar high. Dopamine. The brain chemical that makes you feel good. The chemical that is stimulated by anti depressants and recreational drugs.
What does the direction this thread has taken have to do with Huntsville/Madison Development News? Is it the threat of turning into another Austin?

Old 11-07-2021, 04:48 PM

Stopping here! Was just answering a question someone asked, and a statement someone else made.

Old 11-07-2021, 05:01 PM

13,350 posts, read 9,884,228 times
Quote:
Stopping here! Was just answering a question someone asked, and a statement someone else made.
Yes, we need to get back to complaining about our lack of roads, how lousy ALDOT treats this area, the lack of tall buildings downtown, and other such subjects.

Old 11-07-2021, 05:03 PM

Wait a minute! People complain about the LACK of tall buildings downtown? Who does that? I remember when City Hall in Los Angeles was the tallest building in the entire area. It was a landmark you could see for miles. A pipsqueak now. Huntsville is just fine the way it's upgrading right now. It will look really good if they ever finish it.

Old 11-07-2021, 10:07 PM

2,467 posts, read 2,294,819 times
Quote:
I remember when City Hall in Los Angeles was the tallest building in the entire area. It was a landmark you could see for miles.
to be fair, the Los Angeles City Hall at 454 feet tall is not exactly short... there's only one building in Alabama currently taller than that.

Old 11-07-2021, 10:30 PM

8,742 posts, read 13,081,575 times
Quote:
I don't know how you jumped from poop in the streets to criminals that kill innocent girls, but I think I catch your drift.
I was referring to the killing of Kare Steinle by an illegal immigrant. She was shot in the back while walking with her dad on a pier in San Francisco. The illegal was deported 5 times but kept coming back because SF is a sanctuary city so he was not arrested. The jury acquitted him in a trial eventhough he admitted he was holding the gun when it went off.

Quote:
Not all prosecutors in California have liberal bleeding hearts, by the way. Prosecutors also cannot "bend over backwards to criminals." They have to follow the law as written.
Not all. But the counties surrounding the big cities are. Starting with San Francisco and LA.

Quote:
I take it you're from Huntington Beach?
Yes I was.
Quote:
It really pisses me off that so many people who have never been to California think it's so evil. There are Millions of fine, upstanding people in California. Conservatives AND Liberals. Demonizing people - anyone - doesn't solve anything. That's why people need to keep demonizing - it feeds the dopamine high they get from doing it. It's like they don't care about a real solution. Just get that dopamine high.
I think you're being very defensive about California. A level headed person will acknowledge California is a liberal state and that means easy on criminals, have open borders, protect the poor from being evicted for not paying rent, etc.

It's true the majority of people in California are friendly hard working people just trying to make it through the day and have a few dollars left over at the end of month. Most have the attitude of live & let-live as far as politics goes. But this also leaves rooms for political groups to advance their agenda such as the LGBTQ, homeless advocates, pro social welfare, etc.

Old 11-08-2021, 04:39 AM

Yeah, you're from Huntington Beach all right.

Old 11-08-2021, 06:39 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,183,590 times
Quote:
Yeah, you're from Huntington Beach all right.

So, you're doing the exact thing you say others are doing to Cali only, you're just doing it to Huntington Beach.

Old 11-08-2021, 07:50 AM

3,472 posts, read 4,892,881 times
I have been to California multiple times. It is a beautiful state like Rocket Dawg said. I really like San Diego and the surrounding area. It would be a great place to live if it wasn't so socially and politically screwed up. Cost of living and taxes are high as hell there too and that is mostly tied to all the screwed up social services that have to be paid for somehow. All of that makes it a very undesirable place to live these days.

We have a lot of California transplants here in the Huntsville area. Most of them will say the same thing about how screwed up California is now and they like how we don't have a lot of that. The only problem is a lot of them have lived in that environment so long they can't help themselves and they still vote for liberals here. If they aren't careful, they will wake up one day and realize they have brought all of the political and social nonsense here to Huntsville and they will hate this place too. If you don't like it in California, vote accordingly when you get here so you don't bring it with you. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area