Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2021, 05:05 PM

13,495 posts, read 9,989,905 times

Advertisements

Here are some simplistic housing calculations for Madison County:

There have been permits issued for 3,197 single family houses for the year through September 2021. Assuming the trend holds linearly, that’s 4,252 for the year. According to the Census Bureau, each household in Madison County had 2.38 people, so simply multiplying yields single family accommodations for 10,120 people for 2021.

The city of Huntsville has permitted 4,557 apartment units through October 30, which would be about 5,468 for the year. Persons per household Is likely lower for apartments, perhaps around 1.5. So that would yield apartment accomodations for 8,200 in Huntsville alone, and assumes all would be habitable by the end of they year (which they won’t be). No data for outside the city, but it should be considerable for Madison and unincorporated suburbs.

At any rate, there are provisions for over 18,000 people being built just in 2021 in Madison County. That’s a sizable number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2021, 09:21 PM

166 posts, read 185,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Here are some simplistic housing calculations for Madison County:

There have been permits issued for 3,197 single family houses for the year through September 2021. Assuming the trend holds linearly, that’s 4,252 for the year. According to the Census Bureau, each household in Madison County had 2.38 people, so simply multiplying yields single family accommodations for 10,120 people for 2021.

The city of Huntsville has permitted 4,557 apartment units through October 30, which would be about 5,468 for the year. Persons per household Is likely lower for apartments, perhaps around 1.5. So that would yield apartment accomodations for 8,200 in Huntsville alone, and assumes all would be habitable by the end of they year (which they won’t be). No data for outside the city, but it should be considerable for Madison and unincorporated suburbs.

At any rate, there are provisions for over 18,000 people being built just in 2021 in Madison County. That’s a sizable number.

It's needed for sure, and this rate of building will have to continue, because more people are moving here. Have to remember some older apartments probably will be phased out.

Welcome to an official growing attractive city.

Old 11-06-2021, 07:57 AM

11,105 posts, read 7,173,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_NorthHSV View Post
It's needed for sure, and this rate of building will have to continue, because more people are moving here. Have to remember some older apartments probably will be phased out.

Welcome to an official growing attractive city.
As a Californian since age 1, I hate it. I love the way Huntsville is right now. But capitalists gotta capitalize.

I was driving in and around downtown yesterday, what a neat little city. Too bad it's going to get ruined. Everywhere I move: Portland for an elderly parent, PHX/Scottsdale to escape the dreary weather in Portland, Alabama to help a friend.... they've all gotten destroyed. Starting with San Francisco when I moved there in the 70's. It took 25 years but they destroyed San Francisco. Criminal. Now they have a "poop map app" instead of cleaning up the city. I don't think Huntsville would ever allow that to happen, but you never know.

Old 11-06-2021, 08:08 AM

3,040 posts, read 3,677,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
As a Californian since age 1, I hate it. I love the way Huntsville is right now. But capitalists gotta capitalize.

I was driving in and around downtown yesterday, what a neat little city. Too bad it's going to get ruined. Everywhere I move: Portland for an elderly parent, PHX/Scottsdale to escape the dreary weather in Portland, Alabama to help a friend.... they've all gotten destroyed. Starting with San Francisco when I moved there in the 70's. It took 25 years but they destroyed San Francisco. Criminal. Now they have a "poop map app" instead of cleaning up the city. I don't think Huntsville would ever allow that to happen, but you never know.
Those are all liberal dem cities right? That’s the problem.

Old 11-06-2021, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Those are all liberal dem cities right? That’s the problem.
Apparently you have not read my posts in this or similar threads. Knee jerk reactions on the part of both parties is illogical and doesn't solve the problem. Not that the problem can be solved.

My belief is these problems cannot be solved, because there is NO WILL TO DO SO on ANYONE's part. It's called capitalism, dear. Free will. Horatio Alger. My grandfather born in 1897 used to say "it's the hooray for me and hell with the other guy" syndrome.

California was ruled by Republicans for many years. California's been going down the tubes for DECADES, not just recently with the "liberals in power." You wanna blame "somebody?" Blame the global corporatists who don't give a sh-- about people and raised corporate taxes in California. THIS IS OLD NEWS. Profits over people, y'all ! (And let's not forget real estate investors.)

Companies then moved to AZ. Now they're moving to TX. Which state is next? Oh, right. MY state I moved to a year ago. The beautiful little city of Huntsville, Alabama is set to grow exponentially and get ruined. BY CONSERVATIVES.

Blame big business, not politicians. ANY politician can be bought, and they USUALLY ARE.

Last edited by pathrunner; 11-06-2021 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: Add a sentence

Old 11-06-2021, 06:35 PM

8,742 posts, read 13,102,430 times
Quote:
It took 25 years but they destroyed San Francisco. Criminal. Now they have a "poop map app" instead of cleaning up the city. I don't think Huntsville would ever allow that to happen, but you never know.
Don't forget this is Alabama where open carry is legal and so is "stand your ground" law.

You will not have bleeding heart liberal prosecutors to bend over backwards to criminals and protect the illegal criminal that kills innocent girls.

Old 11-06-2021, 06:53 PM

I don't know how you jumped from poop in the streets to criminals that kill innocent girls, but I think I catch your drift.

Not all prosecutors in California have liberal bleeding hearts, by the way. Prosecutors also cannot "bend over backwards to criminals." They have to follow the law as written.

I take it you're from Huntington Beach?

It really pisses me off that so many people who have never been to California think it's so evil. There are Millions of fine, upstanding people in California. Conservatives AND Liberals. Demonizing people - anyone - doesn't solve anything. That's why people need to keep demonizing - it feeds the dopamine high they get from doing it. It's like they don't care about a real solution. Just get that dopamine high.

Old 11-06-2021, 10:13 PM

678 posts, read 622,790 times
Quote:
I don't know how you jumped from poop in the streets to criminals that kill innocent girls, but I think I catch your drift.

Not all prosecutors in California have liberal bleeding hearts, by the way. Prosecutors also cannot "bend over backwards to criminals." They have to follow the law as written.

It really pisses me off that so many people who have never been to California think it's so evil. There are Millions of fine, upstanding people in California. Conservatives AND Liberals. Demonizing people - anyone - doesn't solve anything. That's why people need to keep demonizing - it feeds the dopamine high they get from doing it. It's like they don't care about a real solution. Just get that dopamine high.
Call me stupid but I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

Old 11-07-2021, 01:14 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,217,046 times
Quote:

Another post asked, what’s your point and it seems that because Huntsville is now experiencing fast growth, that we’re a decade or two from becoming California. And you’re here to warn us. Thank you.

Looking at your post, the math seems fuzzy. 25 years ago would be 1996 (not the ‘70’s) and although governors cannot solely sink a state, it’s been a one party system since the 1990’s. Arnold was a republican in name only.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._of_California

But again, thank you for the warning and there are many other states and cities that need your warning.

Old 11-07-2021, 04:34 PM

13,495 posts, read 9,989,905 times
Quote:

I've been to California many, many times for extended stays, and it's bound to be our most beautiful state. And there are plenty of good, common sense people living there. But apparently not enough to get rid of the plethora of bozos being elected to office, e.g., the governor, the DA of LA County, and many, many more. Granted, probably only the outliers are known about nationally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area