Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2019, 07:44 AM

624 posts, read 547,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teko03 View Post
SUPER CHIX coming to Times Plaza this Summer. www.superchix.com
Ate at Super Chix yesterday with two others. We all came away impressed and will definitely be going back. Kind of like an upscale Chic Fil A with much more variety. Also I prefer the fries over CFA’s waffle fries. A little more expensive though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2019, 10:16 PM

42 posts, read 53,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEL2HSV View Post
Ascent has a rendering up of the Autograph Hotel planned on Monroe St. I think it looks decent, I see the Jackie Reed's of the city getting up in arms about it fronting the park.

https://ascent-hospitality.com/our-hotels#
that is going to be a really nice building.. it will be a good addition to downtown and overlooking the park.. glad to see that it is more of a modern building.

Old 10-14-2019, 08:41 AM

3,011 posts, read 1,792,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston3124 View Post
Ate at Super Chix yesterday with two others. We all came away impressed and will definitely be going back. Kind of like an upscale Chic Fil A with much more variety. Also I prefer the fries over CFA’s waffle fries. A little more expensive though.
I got some takeout Friday. $10.36 for a chicken sandwich and fries. The chicken was great, HUGE fried chicken breast, thin-cut cajun fries were good too.

Old 10-14-2019, 03:46 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,116,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
I got some takeout Friday. $10.36 for a chicken sandwich and fries. The chicken was great, HUGE fried chicken breast, thin-cut cajun fries were good too.
Went today.

Chicken- went for the BBQ cheese sandwich, fried. Excellent.

Fries - went for the rosemary/Garlic? - Those were great too.

Complaints - I hate having napkins only at the drink station. They need to be on the table.

But overall - great place!

Old 10-15-2019, 07:28 AM

3,039 posts, read 3,674,979 times
The latest Constellation concept?
Very brutal, cold and hard, imagine that place during an Alabama summer like we just had!
Post war East Germany revisited.

https://www.built-form.net/mixed-use

Old 10-15-2019, 11:37 AM

198 posts, read 253,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Very brutal, cold and hard, imagine that place during an Alabama summer like we just had!

That’s actually the rendering from last year. The one that’s at constellation right now and that was shown at city council is different. Only the offices stayed the same.

Old 10-15-2019, 12:28 PM

3,039 posts, read 3,674,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSHSV View Post
That’s actually the rendering from last year. The one that’s at constellation right now and that was shown at city council is different. Only the offices stayed the same.
yeah I thought it was, guess we dodged a flop only to encounter another one.

The project will come in two phases.
Phase 1:
218 apartments
20,000 sq. ft. office use
20,000 sq. ft. retail use
One parking garage

Phase 2:
100 room hotel
60,000 sq. ft office (minimum)
Additional parking

Old 10-15-2019, 02:46 PM

13,469 posts, read 9,979,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post

Looks a little harsh, but hopefully the real thing will be a bit softer appearing. Looks like the larger building has shrunk from 17 or so floors to only 9 now. It'll probably be down to 4 by the time it's built, if ever. Apparently, in Alabama (and perhaps other places) a four story structure can be built with wood studs instead of needing steel ... cheaper that way I suppose.

That lot has looked so lonely and vacant for years however, that just about anything will look better than nothing.

The apartments look much like those under construction at Town Madison, and I believe also in Clift Farms.

Old 10-15-2019, 02:48 PM

13,469 posts, read 9,979,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSHSV View Post
Do you have a link to the latest renderings?

Old 10-15-2019, 03:51 PM

198 posts, read 253,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Do you have a link to the latest renderings?
They should be revealed by the end of this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area