Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 04:33 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times

Advertisements

Are there any sources that would tell us where the millionaires live in Houston and suburbs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 04:37 PM

556 posts, read 1,086,740 times
hcad.org would be a start.

River Oaks
Memorial/Villages

Most of the suburbs have their higher end neighborhoods (Sweet Water in Sugar Land for example).

Old 05-20-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity101 View Post
hcad.org would be a start.

River Oaks
Memorial/Villages

Most of the suburbs have their higher end neighborhoods (Sweet Water in Sugar Land for example).
Those areas have high real estate values but how do we know what their debt is?

There are folks who are 'Underwater' and owe other debts.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:53 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,498,768 times
Ok, then you look where the high value real estate is and the foreclosures aren't.

I don't see too many people in River Oaks and Memorial playing in waters too deep for them.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:16 PM

6 posts, read 21,324 times
Carlton Woods in The Woodlands

Old 05-20-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Ok, then you look where the high value real estate is and the foreclosures aren't.

I don't see too many people in River Oaks and Memorial playing in waters too deep for them.
Even if the person is not in a foreclosure, what about their net worth? Assets - Liabilities.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThrottle4U View Post
Carlton Woods in The Woodlands
Source?

Old 05-20-2010, 07:51 PM

6 posts, read 21,324 times
I'm not sure where you would find a reliable source to tell you very personal information such as personal net worth vs liabilities. If I were a millionaire, I wouldn't be offering too much info and gloating my value. If there were a bank or investment firm who would publish those types of generalizations for a specific area then we're all in trouble. I'm sure you can find many places that are said to be "wealthy areas", so you don't have to lead yourself too far off track to assume those are wealthy people living in those houses. Carlton Woods is a very expensive place to live in the woodlands. The average home is 3-4 million. It is known by everyone who lives in the woodlands and that is the only real source of information you will get, word of mouth.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThrottle4U View Post
I'm not sure where you would find a reliable source to tell you very personal information such as personal net worth vs liabilities. If I were a millionaire, I wouldn't be offering too much info and gloating my value. If there were a bank or investment firm who would publish those types of generalizations for a specific area then we're all in trouble. I'm sure you can find many places that are said to be "wealthy areas", so you don't have to lead yourself too far off track to assume those are wealthy people living in those houses. Carlton Woods is a very expensive place to live in the woodlands. The average home is 3-4 million. It is known by everyone who lives in the woodlands and that is the only real source of information you will get, word of mouth.
They have personal net worth for billionaires and other famous folks.

Wealthy areas just means high real estate value and that also means higher income area but not net worth.

There are studies that show that millionaire live in middle to middle-upper class neiborhood and drive modest cars, live a frugal life.

You can be in debt, living paycheck to paycheck and still own a 3-4 home. What if their house is 'underwater'?

Old 05-20-2010, 08:09 PM

1,416 posts, read 4,439,525 times
If you can find reliable information on who and where the high net worth individuals are, there are MANY private bankers who would like to take you to lunch. And dinner. And possibly on vacation.

Most prefer to live under the radar because they don't want the publicity. Credit scores don't get you there. They don't provide financial statements (except to the banks they owe money to), and leases and easy mortgages and credit muddy the waters of the higher end neighborhoods.

Good luck in your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston