Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 09:13 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,842,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Roger Clements has a place in Palm Royale, Tracy McGrady too- yes he kept his house even after being traded lol, and some CEO's and stuff, and Mike Jones, all of them live on Palm Royale.

Those were just the ones I know of.
Beyonce in Sugar Land and Yao Ming in Katy? Palm Royale is a single street?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 09:15 PM

I wonder how many millionaires in Greenspoint.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:16 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,088,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Beyonce in Sugar Land and Yao Ming in Katy? Palm Royale is a single street?
Yeah, Palm Royale is a single street.

Yeah, I've always thought Yao Ming would have a place somewhere in either Memorial or Katy. I hear Katy all the time by some people, but for some reason I always feel he's in Memorial. Don't know for sure though.

Does Beyonce still have a house in Houston?

Cause she was married to Jay-Z and they both live together in NYC.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:19 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,562,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas user View Post
i wonder how many millionaires in greenspoint.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Yeah, Palm Royale is a single street.

Yeah, I've always thought Yao Ming would have a place somewhere in either Memorial or Katy. I hear Katy all the time by some people, but for some reason I always feel he's in Memorial. Don't know for sure though.

Does Beyonce still have a house in Houston?

Cause she was married to Jay-Z and they both live together in NYC.
There must be lot of media attention there and security to get in. Does he have a home in China?

I thought Beyonce had a house in SL.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCH99 View Post
Source?

Old 05-20-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Conroe resident View Post

You can tell the fakers (the ones in debt up to their eyeballs) from the players real easy.

I would consider most folks living in River Oaks and Memorial to be millionaires; when most of the homes in there are selling for 2-5M it would be pretty tough to fake it in there.

Just for kicks I went through all the sold listings in there over the past year, most of them had no loan on them; that means those folks are "liquid".

Another fact is they are not going to let loose of their last 4M to buy a home and leave themselves empty so there is usually plenty more $ where that came from. Even the ones who do carry a house note in there would have to make a healthy salary to be able to qualify for a home of that kind of $.

Same goes for the cars they drive; most of the Ferrari's, Bentley's, Aston Martin's you see on the road are bought for cash (no loan).

The people who drive the BMW's, Benz's, Vette's etc are more than likely the ones who carry the loans. Those are the same people who stretch/max their budget to buy a 1M house in a high end neighbrhood such as Carlton Woods tryiing to impress their friends and neighbors who are also in debt.

Add to that there are plenty of people from River Oaks and Memorial and othe parts of Houston (not CA, NY or FL anymore) that come up to Lake Conroe to purchase "second, or weekend lake homes"; those transactions are most always for cash. I would say that someone who can pay 1M cash for a weekend get away is probably a millionaire...

Source; HAR MLS
Any millionaires drive modest cars? Non-luxury.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:24 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,562,914 times
Quote:
Source?
sorry, can't reveal that.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:25 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,088,461 times
Quote:
There must be lot of media attention there and security to get in. Does he have a home in China?

I thought Beyonce had a house in SL.
Media attention on Palm Royale? No, there are some security guards, but generally anyone can drive through the street. It's not gated. The houses themselves have gates but that's about it.

Yeah he does have a home in China.

Yes, I just checked it, Beyonce does have a home here as well, but she mainly lives with Jay-Z in NYC.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:25 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,134,695 times
Why is this important to know? What would one do with this information (besides something possibly illegal)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston