Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 02:58 PM

564 posts, read 2,045,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Wow, this is so off topic, but I gotta tell ya I had to take a second glance when you mentioned "turn of the century" LOL! It's always a little weird to see that!

Congratulations! I was hoping somebody would catch the humor in that.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:06 AM

133 posts, read 480,590 times
Default Inwood and City of Houston?

So the latest news on the golf course is that the City is in talks with the current owners. Interesting part is that the clubhouse portion is for sale. I wonder if the city only wants the green space and not the club? That would be a smart move on their part.

I have a sneaking suspicion they want the cart path for a bike trail...

Old 05-11-2009, 09:10 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,489,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inwood dreams View Post
So the latest news on the golf course is that the City is in talks with the current owners. Interesting part is that the clubhouse portion is for sale. I wonder if the city only wants the green space and not the club? That would be a smart move on their part.

If they City makes it a park, it's going to get really nice over there. I really like what they've been doing with the green spaces lately. COH did a great job with Terry Hershey on my side of town.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:29 AM

Fingers crossed on the City...we'll have to wait and see. Becuase they are in "talks" the lawsuit has been delayed again. It was scheduled to start on the 18th.

I know at one point they were set to extended the bike trail on TC Jester from Pinemont to Antoine...if they do that it would make total sense to make Inwood a bike trail. It would flow right in and be perfect.

I'm really hopeful the City will take it on...they have done a great job with the parks in the City.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:25 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,830,855 times
If it does become a park, it would certainly help stabilize the area. I hope the community can get loud and organized to get behind it.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:23 AM

5 posts, read 14,755 times
Default Markets Booming

Hey T- Mack,
You're right about fewer homes for sale but that's pretty understated. I've been a buyer in this market for about a year (bought 3 homes) and now I can't find a decent bargain at all. The prices have skyrocketed from the 80's last year to the 120 range this year for the same square footage home. Makes it really hard to find any investment property and I've moved my interest north and west of here for new purchases. Good for the community, bad for taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Mack View Post
Seems to me--and I'm speaking just from brief views driving through the area--that there's been an investment in the community over the last 2-3 years. It's not nearly as "on the brink" as it seemed at the turn of the century. Granted, the Blockbuster Video closed recently, but video stores are dying anyway with the onset of Netflicks and other on-line services.

Seems like I've also seen fewer homes for sale as of late.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston1369 View Post
Hey T- Mack,
You're right about fewer homes for sale but that's pretty understated. I've been a buyer in this market for about a year (bought 3 homes) and now I can't find a decent bargain at all. The prices have skyrocketed from the 80's last year to the 120 range this year for the same square footage home. Makes it really hard to find any investment property and I've moved my interest north and west of here for new purchases. Good for the community, bad for taxes
Thanks for posting! Good to know that buyers are seeing a difference in the market. Keep us posted!

Old 05-23-2009, 08:50 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,489,277 times
City Hall just released that they are going to through a bunch of money at making more green space, parks, and trails around the Bayous to help prevent flood. White Oak Bayou is one of the ones listed, and considering Inwood Forest already has green space around it's section, I would think the city would buy the course. This could also help the neighborhoods west near the Beltway, along White Oak. That area is actually very nice, and in a terrific location, but often over looked and thrown aside for the MPCs.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:32 PM

5 posts, read 14,755 times
Default Drilling Rigs on Golf Course

Thought I'd throw this out for more input and discussion. Last week (5-27-09) I looked out back and saw two drilling rigs on the golf course. Being the nosey guy that I am I took the dog for a walk to get a closer look. It appeared as if the rigs were taking core samples from the golf course. They were halfway down the #1 fairway and also on the driving range. Did anyone else see these in their areas?

I emailed the IFCIA pres. to say that the statement that was released indicating the buyer/owners were in discussions with the city may have been a ploy to allow them time to pursue more home builders. She wrote back and assured me she had confirmed information that they were indeed in talks with the city on the purchase of the golf course. There wasn't any indication as to how much they were interested in buying but it sure was nice to hear the confirmation of their meetings.

Also, I'm still interested in building a partnership to buy the club house and driving range. I feel as if it could be a very viable business catering to the golfers in the area. Since Classic 3 sold to Matt Swanson School of Golf I haven't been to a driving range and really miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwood dreams View Post

Old 06-16-2009, 10:08 AM

I saw a real life, honest to God ice cream truck on my street this past weekend. An ICE CREAM truck! That is definetly something new. I guess it's all those new families I'm seeing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston