Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 01:15 PM

564 posts, read 2,045,335 times

Advertisements

I've noticed that they've done a lot better job of keeping the median cut and tidy as of late along Antonie. That's always a good thing. Trash and weeds were really out of control for a long while along that stretch, especially north of Tidwell.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:18 PM

23 posts, read 154,791 times
I really hope they do manage to turn this area around. I was a former employee at the Country Club and was so sad to see it go down. Watching that area decline has saddened me a great deal.

Old 10-22-2009, 03:49 PM

133 posts, read 480,622 times
Me too. It has been sad to watch. I am curious Lane Lewis. He seems to be taking on Inwood Forest as a pet project if he's elected to take-over Toni Lawernce's seat.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:27 PM

2 posts, read 4,819 times
I have just moved to Inwood and I am pissed. Not at the neighborhood - per se, ( Except for the creepy crawlers who come out at nite), but I get into this house and w/n 6 weeks 1/3rd of my lights go out. After Centerpoint energy came out twice and an electrician, I am told that the back yard needs to be dug up, new wiring put in place and at "MY FREAKING EXPENSE!!! I am POed!!! I had reservations about moving here but need to be closer to town, I am an attorney and need to be closer to to town as opposed to Cypress where I hailed from. I was somewhat unfamiliar with any of these areas, so I was drawn to where I was led. The house is on Council Grove and is gorgeous but I am truly ready to go because so many things have happened in such a short amount of time. I fear that this house is a money pit! Has any one heard of the homeowner paying to did up the ground for electrical wire replacement. Centerpoint says that they do not do it anymore. Jeeze! I am about to put this house up for sale, after replacing the freaking wires. Great executive home, great deal.

Last edited by paulajurisdoc; 11-14-2009 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 11-14-2009, 02:42 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,490,620 times
Are the lines buried? That's pretty rare.Was the electrical not inspected before closing? If so, contact the guy who did it and maybe you can get a raging deal..I mean you are a lawyer.

I had to pay for,jeez I don't know what you call it, where the power line is fed into the house near the panel, as well as the panel and ground the whole house. Most people have to update wiring on homes older than 30 years.After the inspection I made the previous owner pay half of the 5k it would take to update the electrical or I wouldn't take the house.

Old houses ARE money pits in the beginning. Once you get through buying "underwear" however, then you can enjoy what it really provides you. Proximity to work,life and more free time out of the car.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:46 PM

2 posts, read 4,819 times
Yes, the wires are buried and all of the lights were tested and fully working during inspection. The centerpoint guy found a small and deep hole in the ground which could mean that something burrowed into the ground, and a possom met me at the door when I first moved in.

There is no explanation but I am not yet finished with Centerpoint. The lines lead from the meter under the ground to the transformer. I am told that this could have happened without prior notice to the previous owner. I should have included some clause or something in the contract but did not. The previous owner was a class act and I really believe if she would have known, she would have taken care of it. This may sound naive but I truly believe that she could not have known.

You are right about older houses. I should have anticipated that there will be some things that will need attention beyond the obvious. I got a really good deal so even if I have to spend the money, I will still be ahead.

I just pray that the values will climb and we can get this place cleaned up. It irks me to drive down the main road and see people walking up and down for "no" reason and are going nowhere. I hope that I can get over this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston