Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 03:16 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,835,641 times

Advertisements

So what is the plan for the golf course at this point?

Old 04-24-2009, 11:59 AM

133 posts, read 481,109 times
Default Inwood Course

The golf course continues to be a mystery. We've been Inwood residents for 6 years and live on the West course (or at least what used to be the West). We've seen the neighborhood change, the property values plummet and a lot of our older retired neighbors finally throw in the towel and move on.

As for the golf course I guess it is the great unknown. My husband and I can't figure out how this company stays in business. They have purchased three courses in Houston, with abysmal results on all three purchases. They have to be completely strapped for cash.

We hold out faith that one day the prices will trend up and we can at least walk away with some profit on the sale of our home. I fear this might be ignorant on our part. At the end of the day, it's a pretty neighborhood, the course, while overgrown and not well maintained is still a gorgeous green space.

I will say, one plus has been that when I look on HAR, prices of homes are listing at a higher price…not selling for a higher price, but at least the listing is reassuring…

Old 04-24-2009, 04:56 PM

I feel for you. It would be nice if at the very least the course was bought up and turned into either a public golf course or park/green space.

They did something up in Champion Forest where the water district bought out Raveneaux country club and they leased back part of it to the club to continue operating and let part of it go to seed as a park. This was done to prevent any undesirable redevelopment of the course. I don't really know the details beyond that, but it may take some initiative like that on the part of the community.

I fear that if the course is redeveloped into apartments or something else not so great, that the direction of Inwood will be set for quite some time, and not in a positive direction.

I still think that when the economy/market eventually picks back up, the gentrification and increasing prices of the block of areas consisting of Garden Oaks, eastern Oak Forest, Candlelight Estates, Shepherd Park Plaza, Candlelight Plaza will continue to push west into the western parts of Oak Forest, as well as Magnum Manor and Candlelight Oaks, eventually landing at Inwood Forest & Oaks of Inwood's doorstep. It could go either way in a few years, but if the course turns into something negative, there will less of a draw for people to jump from the Oak Forest area to out there.

What the answer is, I don't know, but the Inwood community needs to organize big time and try to influence the outcome as much as possible. I think it is absolutely critical for Inwood's future.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:01 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,568,977 times
Why would anyone put apartments there if there is already a glut of them? That's like airlifting water into the Pacific Ocean.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Why would anyone put apartments there if there is already a glut of them? That's like airlifting water into the Pacific Ocean.
Because some Jacka$$ thinks he can make a buck doing it....

Old 04-27-2009, 10:06 AM

Default Inwood

Modster, you have hit the nail on the head. It will go either way. It's easy to turn the blinders on and think that things will turn-around, but with a shooting at the end of my street this weekend it looks bleaker that ever.

We'll keep you posted and thanks for asking the question. I think the dialogue helps keep it on the forefront.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:08 AM

Default Lawsuit

So, looks like the golf course is finally going to trial on May 18. Could there be good news in the future?

[SIZE=4][/SIZE]

Old 05-05-2009, 05:42 PM

50 posts, read 203,076 times
i graduated from school last year and i bought a house in inwood forest a few months ago. this was the nicest area that I could afford that wasnt ridiculously far out from the city. i can get to the galleria in 20-25 minutes tops
they have some really good deals out here. my house is on the golf course, so i hope they open it back up so the value can jump a little

edit: to the inwood people

i still havent heard about hoa meetings

Old 05-05-2009, 06:10 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,503,633 times
This place has serious potential if the golf course can get worked out

i notice the really big lots aren't on the market anymore. People must be holding.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:58 AM

Default Inwood

I think people are holding. And a couple of months ago if you looked up foreclosed homes in Inwood you would get pages. Now, there is only one foreclosed home in Inwood proper.

Something is happening, whether it's positive or negative remains to be seen. Also, the HOA meetings are available here Next Monthly Meeting | Inwood Forest CIA

Also, has anyone heard more about the TC Jester bike Trail being extended down to Antoine or Pinemont?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston