Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2014, 11:06 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,702,843 times

Advertisements

Here is what I'd like to see, not who I think will win:

Conference Semifinals

Boston vs Montreal

Conference Quarterfinals

Pittsburgh vs Columbus
NY Rangers vs Philadelphia

Colorado vs Minnesota
St. Louis vs Chicago
Anaheim vs Dallas
San Jose vs Los Angeles

Colorado vs Minnesota can go either way for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 11:18 AM

41,994 posts, read 75,295,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Here is what I'd like to see, not who I think will win:

Conference Semifinals

Boston vs Montreal
Is there any chance both teams can lose that series?

Old 04-27-2014, 12:44 PM

25,856 posts, read 16,560,676 times
The thing is, who is playing better than the Wild right now? If not for the Avs great goalie this series is over already, even with the corrupt refs.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:00 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,258,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
It's early but the Blues are starting to look like a team of destiny. Losing Backes (don't know his status at the moment) will hurt though.
My apologies Blues fans.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:27 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,952,480 times
Blues fans...Miller is still a very good goalie, maybe not magic anymore. Go Hawks!

Old 04-30-2014, 11:44 PM

9,776 posts, read 7,497,653 times
Sharks with another epic playoff collapse, this probably their worst one yet. I have to think their window has officially been shut, time for Doug Wilson to clean house, and to start with Todd McClellan, guy cannot get it done in the playoffs. Also, to take that next time it's obvious Antti Niemi is not good enough. You compare him to Jonathan Quick and that was the difference in the series. Quick let in only like 3 or 4 bad goals the whole series (the 2 at the end of the first period in game 1 and the one at the end of the first in game 3 or 4) but he kept the Kings in every game with his play in the crease. In game 2 when the Sharks scored 7 goals, the Sharks peppered him pretty much relentlessly from the get-go and the Kings defense was non-existant that game. In the game 3 loss, the Sharks had 1 shot in the overtime; that was the shot that deflected of Voynov's stick for the OT winner, and I think had another goal earlier in the game that was deflected as well, so can't blame him for that OT loss.
Meanwhile, even in the dominating game 1 & 2 wins, Niemi didn't even look that good. The Sharks masked his ineffeciencies in games 1 & 2 by scoring 13 goals those 2 games, and completely lucked out in game 3. When the Sharks potent offense disappeared the remainder of the series, that's when Niemi collapsed as well. I don't think the Sharks would've won anyways, but they would've had a better shot had Stalock started. Stalock was GREAT in game 6 for the first 55 minutes before unraveling at the end. And I realize Niemi has a ring and all, and has played in previous games 7, but hockey is a team sport, not an individual sport, and Niemi was one of the reasons his team was even playing in that game 7 after going up 3-0. From what I saw in the series Stalock was clearly the better goalie, and in a win-and-go home situation you put your best players out there, even if that means putting a guy that won a Stanley Cup on the bench and start a guy making his second career playoff start.
Kings vs. Ducks series should be fun. Hopefully that comeback from down 3-0 didn't take all the gas out of the Kings tank and they still have some left for the Ducks. Luckily for them: A) there's virtually no travel involved (about 30 miles) and B) they get an extra day off as the series starts on Saturday and not Friday. Go Kings Go!

Old 04-30-2014, 11:56 PM

589 posts, read 639,777 times
In 2003, the Wild won game 7 in OT in Colorado which was Roy's very last game

In 2014, the Wild won game 7 in OT in Colorado which was Roy's very first series coaching Colorado

Old 05-01-2014, 12:44 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,952,480 times
Two good semifinal series in the West. Kings Ducks will be intense...hope Im awake for those late games.

Wild took season series from Hawks 3-1, but playoffs are a whole new time.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:19 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,702,843 times
Updated:

Boston vs Montreal
Pittsburgh vs NY Rangers

Minnesota vs Chicago
Anaheim vs vs Los Angeles

Old 05-01-2014, 05:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,941,482 times
Anyone else see how dirty Los Angeles was during the series and how the refs missed calls or called stupid penalties against the Sharks? Or is it just me...

I hope the Ducks get the brooms from Montreal for this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey