Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 09:50 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,757,407 times

Advertisements

Crime can, and does happen anywhere, at any time. We cannot hide from it. Life is too good to stay home and hide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 09:56 AM

1,845 posts, read 2,762,351 times
"Eyes on the trail" is the best strategy going forward. Be aware, take precautions, and go ahead and enjoy the trail.

I think many are giving this special priority because they personally enjoy the trail, as well as being aware of the impact on businesses and the area economy. I have noted the loss of some regular trail users since the incidents. Overall average usage has been picking up a bit again though.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:33 AM

5,485 posts, read 8,317,620 times
We need to toughen the punishment for criminals in the area. To some jails are just hotels. Make it tougher.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Old 09-17-2013, 05:56 AM

481 posts, read 864,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
We need to toughen the punishment for criminals in the area. To some jails are just hotels. Make it tougher.
Very true, but this needs to be implemented everywhere. Problem is that the jails are so full that they slap the hands of criminals and no justice is served. Let us stop putting people in jail for senseless and petty things, and start opposing tougher laws on criminals, then the jails would be less populated per say.

Old 10-28-2020, 02:25 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,762,351 times
I remember 2 other reports in this area that are similarly strange: middle of the day in this same busy area but no one sees anything?

Greenville PD ask for help finding suspect after woman assaulted on Swamp Rabbit Trail

Quote:
The Greenville Police Department is asking for assistance finding a suspect after a woman was assaulted on the Swamp Rabbit Trail Wednesday afternoon.

The police department said at approximately 1 p.m., police responded to a call saying a female had been assaulted on the Swamp Rabbit Trail near Baxter Street.

Old 10-29-2020, 09:14 AM

1,143 posts, read 2,873,091 times
My two cents here is that we need to take additional precautions when on this trail or out hiking in the mountains, etc. An unfortunate consequence of masks is that it's not unusual, even outdoors, to see folks wearing them. Anonymity creates more opportunity, even in daylight or areas with video surveillance. For those who are not comfortable with concealed carry, I encourage a plan of self protection. Traveling in groups is good, but not guaranteed. Three students were robbed at gunpoint a few days ago (in daylight) in Upstate SC. I encourage everyone, man and woman, to really think about a reasonable self protection plan and work to implement it. Be safe.

Old 11-12-2020, 01:34 PM

6 posts, read 4,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinabean View Post
My two cents here is that we need to take additional precautions when on this trail or out hiking in the mountains, etc. An unfortunate consequence of masks is that it's not unusual, even outdoors, to see folks wearing them. Anonymity creates more opportunity, even in daylight or areas with video surveillance. For those who are not comfortable with concealed carry, I encourage a plan of self protection. Traveling in groups is good, but not guaranteed. Three students were robbed at gunpoint a few days ago (in daylight) in Upstate SC. I encourage everyone, man and woman, to really think about a reasonable self protection plan and work to implement it. Be safe.
Have an article for that robbery? I must have missed it in the news

Old 12-06-2020, 06:51 PM

1,143 posts, read 2,873,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbranigin View Post
Have an article for that robbery? I must have missed it in the news
Two Greenwood men face armed robbery charges | Crime | indexjournal.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area