Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 12:12 PM

131 posts, read 214,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricamphibian View Post
Tower Road is also known as State Road SR-S-23-505. That suggests to me that Tower Road is a true right of way and not just an easement.
Possible but with an actual ROW it should be reflected on the GIS. I say should because if the property has not changed hands in a long time they would just take the old plats and digitize them and could have missed a ROW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 12:19 PM

19 posts, read 23,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
How do you get there? Is it right off Altamont Rd?
Yeah, just take Altamonte up to the top of the mountain. This is the main place most people go to right now. Its covered in Graffiti and crap and most of the buildings up there look dilapidated to say the least. I'd be all for helping clean up the area in exchange for getting our stop to enjoy the view. I'm not personally thinking put one right there, as space is a bit cramped and the view is so-so at best. This video was taken on parcels. 0464000100701 and 0464000100600. Tower road is kind of a strange duck. It branches off from Altamonte road and then when it gets to the top it actually goes in 2 directions as well. If you go left, you get to where this video was taken (ETV building and 99% of the towers), if you go right, you almost immediately hit a yellow gate that stops you from going down the other end of Tower road to Turret peak (parcel 0464000100900). This later parcel is what I'm talking about having the best view of both the blue ridge and downtown and plenty of room for a small overlook like the one atop Rabun Bald in GA or just the natural ones like on White Oak mountain in N.C. Also, if we built here we would in no way be bothering any workers at the towers or be near the old ranger tower / fallen in ranger house.

As for the easements, any idea how one would go about finding out exactly what the wording on those is? I'd imagine other have more experience with this than I do.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:58 PM

1,947 posts, read 2,757,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
As a reference for readers who have not seen the summit, here is a video from YouTube:

2010-02 Paris Mountain Summit - YouTube
What is the deal with the motorcycle?

Old 08-21-2013, 05:42 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,373,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
What is the deal with the motorcycle?
Presumably the person who created/posted the video is a bike enthusiast.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:06 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,051,088 times
We went to Tower Rd today to check it out. There were others up there admiring the view. It really is a beautiful view and I'd like to see them have an overlook. I can't wait to go up there in the fall when the leaves are changing.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:44 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,051,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEngineer View Post
Becky, it is going to happen. I already have the ball rolling behind the scenes, I can't say anything more about it on here.

Remember me when this overlook on Paris Mountain eventually happens.
Awesome, I knew it. Thanks for the inside scoop. I will definitely remember you when it comes about.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:50 PM

19 posts, read 23,879 times
Well thats good news. I haven't really had time to check back here much this week or get anything done really. Its that lovely back to school time for the kids and what not heh. Least you know what were all missing now.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:14 AM

1 posts, read 818 times
Default Let's respect the residents of Paris Mountain.

We do not need an "overlook". You want an overlook, buy a house up here.

The visiting bike riders are a dangerous annoyance that we will probably never get rid of, but they should be required to have flashing strobe lights on the front and back of the bikes. Bike riders should take their own advice and "share the road" with cars.

...and loud Harley Davidsons are stupid anywhere, especially here.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:02 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasthands View Post

The visiting bike riders are a dangerous annoyance that we will probably never get rid of, but they should be required to have flashing strobe lights on the front and back of the bikes. Bike riders should take their own advice and "share the road" with cars.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:43 PM

503 posts, read 530,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasthands View Post

That's impressive. In just a few sentences you managed to insult:
  1. Bicyclists
  2. Harley riders
  3. People who enjoy scenic vistas
  4. Conservationists who believe nature should be appreciated by everyone and not owned by a few.
You're lucky the late great Tommy Wyche never set his sights on Paris Mountain or the entire thing would be a state park and you wouldn't be living there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area