Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2012, 05:49 AM

7 posts, read 12,902 times

Advertisements

Good Morning

Does anyone have any info on this apt complex? Were relocating from NJ and this was one of the apts my company told me about. I see on the website its not finished yet. Is it in a good location? Close to downtown? A lot of the apts say just minutes to downtown so Im not sure how far they are.

We wanted somewhere close to downtown so we can experince that and scope out some of the other towns to buy in eventually. Were moving down in november. Very nervous but also excited!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 06:09 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,542,050 times
I think these were just announced. VERY nice for apartment living in this area, but quite pricey if memory serves (but then again, everything is relative - you're coming from a much pricier area in general). Ought to be very nice. However, I'm not sure if they'll be available by then.

The location is between Furman University to the north of town and the Cherrydale Point shopping district, so amenities are closeby. Downtown is another 5-7 minutes past Cherrydale. It's not walking distance, but not too far via car.

In downtown proper, there are McBee Station and the second half of The Bookends, also on McBee, which are rentals but I can't think of the actual name right now. There are lots of nice, newer apartment complexes further out, mainly off the Woodruff Rd/I-385 axis to the southeast.

Good luck!

Old 09-20-2012, 06:29 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,374,908 times
Keep in mind, the 100 East apartments are available in one or two bedrooms rentals only. That may be small for many families, but these apartments are primarily designed for young professionals who desire a Downtown location above a large personal space. McBee Station would be an excellent compromise, as noted above. Don't discount renting a home near Downtown as well.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:06 AM

7 posts, read 12,902 times
Thanks so much. I believe we get down there in november but they will pay for temp housing for some time. I thought we could stay there for a few weeks to tour some of the apartments and houses to see which was best. The enclave gives my company a discount, well tiny discount but its still something.
I will also check out the other places you listed. Thanks!

Old 09-20-2012, 08:00 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,012,126 times
Actually, I live near the enclave and construction is well under way. They should have buildings available by your move date . The area is beautiful they are in. That would be my choice if I were moving here now. The apartments downtown mentioned before are way to small IMO for the money they charge and many have little to no closet and storage space.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:24 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,782,966 times
Enclave: Enclave Paris Mountain Apartments Greenville, SC 9/19/12
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area