Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 06:57 AM

10,108 posts, read 7,775,270 times

Advertisements

Thanks bikeoid. I appreciate the link. Why is it considered part of the SRT when it's not even connected to the main trail?

I love that it's a start and hopefully it gets added onto.

Usually when I'm out on a run/walk, I go at least 5miles and in the Ft Inn/Simpsonville area there just aren't that many places to go off roads. I really see a need for a long nice trail because of all the bikes I see out and about on the main roads.

I usually just find me some nice country roads or go in different neighborhoods for variety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 12:16 PM

179 posts, read 462,735 times
I'd love to see the SRT extend from Fountain Inn to meet the main trail. Is there any way we can get involved to help with this?

Old 03-21-2012, 01:54 PM

9,503 posts, read 9,824,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amator View Post
I'd love to see the SRT extend from Fountain Inn to meet the main trail. Is there any way we can get involved to help with this?
I would love to see that also, is it even possible? Are there any maps out there indicating a possible route?

There was a group trying to get a trail going in Simpsonville.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:14 PM

Didn't see this posted before, but may have missed it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=o2htHc7uUUE

Old 03-21-2012, 08:29 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,764,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I would love to see that also, is it even possible? Are there any maps out there indicating a possible route?

There was a group trying to get a trail going in Simpsonville.
Here is the 2009 master plan - of course things will change based on the budget and what has already been learned: Greenville Greenways Master Plan

Old 03-21-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Thanks bikeoid. I appreciate the link. Why is it considered part of the SRT when it's not even connected to the main trail?

I love that it's a start and hopefully it gets added onto.
The only thing I can think of is that the Greenways Master Plan could eventually bring trails out that far, but I haven't heard a definite explanation.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amator View Post
Everyone can now have an input to future trail grant money. Go to 2012 RTP Grants - Greenville Rec, read the presentations, and write your own letters if you have any additional input.

Don't forget to send an email to the email address on the last page of each presentation to confirm that you've read it!

Old 03-31-2012, 04:24 PM

74 posts, read 310,260 times
I come from Five Forks as well and park at the Linky Stone Park off River Street. It is less than 2 miles to the zoo and you pass the beautiful falls on the way. We go to the zoo, let the kids play on the playground and then run back to Linky. You could park at the zoo and go from there as well.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
Everyone can now have an input to future trail grant money. Go to 2012 RTP Grants - Greenville Rec (http://greenvillerec.com/parks/swamprabbit/2012-rtp-grants/ - broken link), read the presentations, and write your own letters if you have any additional input.

Don't forget to send an email to the email address on the last page of each presentation to confirm that you've read it!
Bumping this up so more can view and sign. Need to do this before next Tuesday, April 10.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:46 PM

179 posts, read 462,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
Everyone can now have an input to future trail grant money. Go to 2012 RTP Grants - Greenville Rec (http://greenvillerec.com/parks/swamprabbit/2012-rtp-grants/ - broken link), read the presentations, and write your own letters if you have any additional input.

Thanks, I've emailed each of the proposals and shared the link on Facebook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area