Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 08:51 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,576,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsinphilly View Post
Years and years ago when I lived in Travelers Rest, it was a kind of dumpy little town with nothing to do. When I came back to the area a couple of years ago, TR had been transformed, and I give a lot of credit for that to the SRT. This article just serves to reinforce that belief.
I agree, the power of the trail for TR is something akin to Falls Park and the West End. TR currently looks awesome! I can only imagine what's in store for Greenville when Cleveland Park West/Mayberry Park along the trail gets completed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 09:03 AM

696 posts, read 1,335,068 times
I got a little lost when I rode the Cleveland Park part of the trail a few weeks back, but it was probably due to my lack of familiarity with that area. I actually had another person ask me if I could tell her how to get to the SRT (which we were on). I think they could use some better signage in that area.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:27 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,762,351 times
Another section of the trail opened this week:

Quote:
Greenville Hospital System Swamp Rabbit Trail Network Expands South of Greenville
Walkers, cyclists, and nature lovers will be delighted to learn that the Greenville Hospital System Swamp Rabbit Trail has been extended another 1.4 miles. Greenville Rec, the Conestee Foundation, and ReWa announced today the official opening of this new section of trail that connects Lake Conestee Nature Park north to I-85 at Parkins Mill Road.

An on-street connection through a portion of the Augusta Acres neighborhood links this new section of the GHS Swamp Rabbit to a 1.8 mile existing section of the GHS Swamp Rabbit in Lake Conestee Nature Park which links the Conestee community to this growing trail network.
If you start at the lower parking lot by Conestee Falls, there is a 0.6 mile connection through fairly quiet streets in the Augusta Acres neighborhood. Some of it is fine gravel instead of asphalt. Here are some photos:

Entrance to trail from Augusta Acres

Includes some boardwalk over low-lying area:

Bridgework over ReWa facility:

Looking towards Mauldin Rd underpass along Parkins Mill Rd:

Looking towards I85 underpass along Parkins Mill Rd:

Map view:
Swamp Rabbit Trail Map - Lake Conestee to I85

Old 12-20-2011, 08:58 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
Great pics. Not a big deal, but it sure would be nice if that fine gravel on the connection portion of the trail is just temporary. Would make sense seeing how it's in the city limits. Can't wait until it connects up to Pleasantburg Drive near Greenville Tech in a few years: http://www.journalwatchdog.com/city/...p-rabbit-grows

Last edited by g-man430; 12-20-2011 at 09:12 PM..

Old 12-31-2011, 06:52 AM

477 posts, read 840,718 times
We were walking from Falls Park to Cleveland Park the other day. I really liked it but I was thinking that there really should be lights along the trail between those major locations. Maybe I just didn't see them but I just think it would make people (especially women who are jogging by themselves) feel safer.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:49 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
Sterling Tiger Trail now open:

Old 02-19-2012, 11:38 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,840,428 times
how long is the sterling tiger trail?

Old 02-19-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
how long is the sterling tiger trail?
It's 0.24 miles, and located behind St Francis Downtown:

Sterling Tiger Trail

At some point they may add an extension on the other side of Andrews St.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
It's 0.24 miles

It's a short trail now, but has a large impact for the community. It's a part of the Sterling Community Master Plan ( Large document. )

Old 02-21-2012, 11:36 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,290,476 times
They need more parking along the newer sections. The new section that connects Conestee Park to I85 doesn't have parking at either end. There is lots of space under the I-85 bridge - would be nice for them to pave or at least put gravel down for parking there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area