Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2016, 10:51 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,605,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
This was the first time that the liberal white Americans understood that racism comes in all colors and that the sense of tribalism is stronger than the sense of justice.

Deliberately letting a double murderer walk because he's the same color as you is wrong no matter how you spin this.
I agree with this statement however some people are only angry when the victim is of their own tribe.

Many of the people who were outraged about Nicole Brown Simpson could care less about ALL of the black women who are murdered in a similar manner. Why do their lives matter less than a white victim?

When a white woman or girl goes missing the nation stops to search for her. When a black or Hispanic woman or girl goes missing....nothing, no one cares.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missin...woman_syndrome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 11:22 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,321,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I agree with this statement however some people are only angry when the victim is of their own tribe.

Many of the people who were outraged about Nicole Brown Simpson could care less about ALL of the black women who are murdered in a similar manner. Why do their lives matter less than a white victim?

When a white woman or girl goes missing the nation stops to search for her. When a black or Hispanic woman or girl goes missing....nothing, no one cares.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missin...woman_syndrome
That is simply not true.

The outrage was with people who willingly let a killer go free. I'd be outraged regardless of skin color. This is simply wrong.

The number of exploited white kids is also staggering. The perceived newsworthiness of someone's disappearance is more tied to the social level than race, I bet you a missing child of a black CEO would receive more attention than a white welfare mother, all other circumstances being the same.

Old 06-20-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
That is simply not true.

The outrage was with people who willingly let a killer go free. I'd be outraged regardless of skin color. This is simply wrong.

The number of exploited white kids is also staggering. The perceived newsworthiness of someone's disappearance is more tied to the social level than race, I bet you a missing child of a black CEO would receive more attention than a white welfare mother, all other circumstances being the same.
There usually isn't national outrage when the killer (no matter their race) of a black person goes free. Let's at least be honest about this fact. There is less of an urgency to protect and seek justice for black victims.

Again, I believe that justice should be served equally for ALL regardless of race. But as I stated previously, most do not express outrage when justice is not served for a black victim.

A simple question....why do you know the names Natalee Hollaway or Elizabeth Smart but not the names LaToyia Figueroa or Mitrice Richardson?

Old 06-20-2016, 06:43 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,945,835 times
I guess a perfect example of what you guys are saying would be George Zimmerman getting off from killing Travon Martin. I honestly felt George was innocent during the trial, but I am not so sure today. He has proven to be a real nutcase since that time, and seems like it doesn't take much to provoke him.

As for OJ, while I wasn't there to witness the killings, it seems so very obvious that no one else had the motive or opportunity to do it. OJ was always led a charmed life, and he scored the biggest touchdown of his life with that jury and that defense team.

I will never forget Kardashians face when they said "Not Guilty". His expression spoke volumes, even he couldn't believe it, and he was OJ's friend. This is not the face and look of a friend who was happy that his innocent friend was free, it is the face of a man in disbelief and disgust that a murderer got off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjMt-5kfJ70

Don

Old 06-20-2016, 07:22 PM

26,920 posts, read 27,121,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I still think that the son did it and OJ intervened and then helped. But what do I know?
You're joking, right?
101 Pieces of evidence that proove O.J. Simpson murdered Nicole

Old 06-20-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I guess a perfect example of what you guys are saying would be George Zimmerman getting off from killing Travon Martin. I honestly felt George was innocent during the trial, but I am not so sure today. He has proven to be a real nutcase since that time, and seems like it doesn't take much to provoke him.

As for OJ, while I wasn't there to witness the killings, it seems so very obvious that no one else had the motive or opportunity to do it. OJ was always led a charmed life, and he scored the biggest touchdown of his life with that jury and that defense team.

I will never forget Kardashians face when they said "Not Guilty". His expression spoke volumes, even he couldn't believe it, and he was OJ's friend. This is not the face and look of a friend who was happy that his innocent friend was free, it is the face of a man in disbelief and disgust that a murderer got off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjMt-5kfJ70

Don
People getting away with murder is nothing new. But we are ALL bound by our justice system. You believed that George Zimmerman was innocent and it is your right to do so. The people on the jury agreed with you and he was found not guilty.
In the same way that you believe others should respect the Zimmerman jury's verdict, you must also respect the verdict given by the jury in OJ's trial regardless of whether or not you agree with it.

I personally believe that both George Zimmerman and OJ got away with murder but it is the victim in each case that skews one's views.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:33 PM

A serial killer was allowed to operate in Los Angeles for over 2 decades but the LAPD did not inform the public because most (not all) of the over 100 victims were poor or black prostitutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByXojPyhTtQ

Old 06-21-2016, 02:45 PM

26,920 posts, read 27,121,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
A serial killer was allowed to operate in Los Angeles for over 2 decades but the LAPD did not inform the public because most (not all) of the over 100 victims were poor or black prostitutes.
It's amazing the way he was finally caught.

"Franklin became known as the Grim Sleeper because of the decade that passed without any known killings.

Frustrated by their inability to find the Grim Sleeper, whose DNA did not match samples in a law enforcement database, Los Angeles police in early 2010 asked the state to look for a DNA profile similar enough to be a possible relative of the killer."

DNA evidence in Grim Sleeper case was taken legally, judge rules - LA Times

LAPD believes 'Grim Sleeper' serial killer never actually slept - LA Times

Old 06-21-2016, 02:49 PM

1,121 posts, read 971,771 times
Nicole's murder was a crime of passion just by how her body was from all the punctured wounds. Oj did it...and the LAPD knew it because they had been called out many times. Oj was liked by ALL people no matter what color they were. The guy had it made but had a nasty temper- very controlling. He could charm you but his buddy Ron Ship who has come out and stated he believes OJ did it also said...at some point, OJ will finally admit to killing Nicole and Ron . Double jeopardy.

I also think the reason why the jurors were picked for that trial was because they (meaning the court/system) did NOT want an uprising. Another riot- They knew these folks would be on the side of OJ. Just my humble opinion. What happened to the bag that Robert Kardashian was carrying away??????? That bag probably had OJ's bloody clothes in it etc...

Old 06-21-2016, 04:59 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,990,581 times
I think Detective Furman(sp?) tried to frame him. Definitely lost the case when he pleaded the 5th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates