Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 10:55 PM

740 posts, read 459,678 times

Advertisements

I don't know but I have always felt that OJ was found not guilty was a pay back for the not guilty verdict for the cops that got away with beating Rodney King an inch of his life. I could be wrong but it always felted that way to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 06:12 AM

26,795 posts, read 26,922,048 times
^^ Very likely.

When black people cheered after O.J. Simpson’s acquittal, they were not celebrating his release, but defense lawyer Johnnie’s Cochran’s victory over a racist system of justice.

https://theundefeated.com/features/b...chran-not-o-j/

Old 06-30-2019, 10:24 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,651,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
The upshot of the OJ trial? The dividing line in this country isn't race but wealth. It's almost impossible to convict a wealthy man in this country. If OJ had been a middle-aged white, black, or latino landscaper or accountant from Glendale, the trial would have been over in a couple of days and he would be rotting away in the slammer even as I type this.
You are exactly right!

Its makes me wonder whats going on, when this is so obviously true, but then when it actually happens, so many people seem to be angry, outraged, etc. Its not exactly huge breaking news that a wealthy popular sports figure can get away with murder scott free! lol

Old 06-30-2019, 04:14 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,940,309 times
OJ was guilty as sin. He got away with murder. Double murderer, deserve a hanging.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:40 AM

531 posts, read 454,776 times
He was framed, and he was guilty. He hired killers, because he wasn't skillful enough to do it himself without getting caught. Apparently that was too complicated for the LA cops to get into their little squirrel brains, so they just went about planting evidence like they usually do.
The trial brought the California judicial system, including the judge, lawyers, and law enforcement officials, into deserved contempt.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:46 AM

28,697 posts, read 18,857,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Ferris View Post
He was framed, and he was guilty. He hired killers, because he wasn't skillful enough to do it himself without getting caught. Apparently that was too complicated for the LA cops to get into their little squirrel brains, so they just went about planting evidence like they usually do.
The trial brought the California judicial system, including the judge, lawyers, and law enforcement officials, into deserved contempt.
Yes. They tried to frame a guilty man who could afford a dream team defense. The "single assailant" theory simply didn't hold water, which the dream team defense made clear. And the prosecution--which hadn't dealt with much better than public defenders before--were outclassed.

The US has the best justice system money can buy.

Interesting how nobody gets as exercised about Robert Blake being acquitted of murdering his wife.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Johnny Cochran had it wired the minute the jury was selected.......he knew OJ wouldn't ever be convicted with the group seated......and he was right.......they could have had video of the murder and he would have walked. The black and white outlook on OJ is at polar opposites.....ask around a little and you will see it's true..........
That jury composition in that county convicts black defendants every day.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
I'm not surprised. The trial was all about race.

If OJ were white he'd have been convicted easily.
Just like Robert Blake.

Oh, wait.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:03 PM

50,479 posts, read 47,229,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Sadly the only justice on this earth for Nicole’s family and the Goldman’s , is if they took care of justice themselves. But both families are too cultured and educated and have too much character to carry out such an endeavor. Therefore they have to live with their loved ones killer walking free.
If I was Goldman I'd have been practicing shooting a .50 cal long range now for years. I'd practice on an area that looks like a golf course.

Old 07-05-2019, 07:08 PM

13,374 posts, read 7,389,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If I was Goldman I'd have been practicing shooting a .50 cal long range now for years. I'd practice on an area that looks like a golf course.
It was a direct result of Fred Goldman winning 25 Million dollar lawsuit against OJ that caused OJ to give away all his valuables. Later he tried to get them back that's how he ended up in prison. Goldman hired the best attorney's money can buy his attorneys said if he had been the prosecutor OJ would be convicted Marcia Clark was the worst attorney ever I think she quit practicing law after that because her reputation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates